Does anyone else like the current band members better than Axl?

Georgy Zhukov

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several examples of "proof" have been posted throughout the thread

where?

I am talking about who is technically better.

Mr William Bailey

Not Ron Thal

The world doesn't give a shit about his singing abilites. (inb4yourlame argument about the fame and skills doesn't belong together)

You do not seem to understand what the word technically means

You do not seem to understand this is a Guns n' Roses board, not a Ron Thal board

but if you think that is a technical display of brilliance, I really don't know what to say.

In GNR related, yes that DVD shows Axl's and the band at his best (certainly better concert bootlegs circulated)

SoulMonster proves you, Ron Thal isn't better than Axl Rose.

You're trolling on these boards so fucking hard...

Edited by Crash Diet

Guest Broskirose
Several examples of "proof" have been posted throughout the thread

where?

Do you have a comprehension issue? Seriously, I'm wondering if this is a language barrier. Not making fun of you but, I don't think you understand a single word I'm saying. It's like nothing gets through to you at all.

I am talking about who is technically better.

Mr William Bailey

Not Ron Thal

The world doesn't give a shit about his singing abilites. (inb4yourlame argument about the fame and skills doesn't belong together)

Do you not understand that just because "the world" cares more about Axl does not mean that on a technical level he is a more profiecient singer? Why is this concept so hard to grasp for you? What do you not understand? This really isn't that complicated.

You do not seem to understand what the word technically means

You do not seem to understand this is a Guns n' Roses board, not a Ron Thal board

What is your point? What does that have to do with anything? You are absolutley clueless kid.

but if you think that is a technical display of brilliance, I really don't know what to say.

In GNR related, yes that DVD shows Axl's and the band at his best (certainly better concert bootlegs circulated)

Umm, first of all no it does not. I think almost any fan would agree that the Tokyo 1991 show is not at all Axl's best performance and what does the rest of the band even have to do with vocal performance? Again, you are giving me more reason to believe that you are simply not understanding what I'm talking about. I am talking about vocal skills. Not who you or the majority of the world prefers. Just because Axl is more famous does not mean that on a technical level he is the better singer. Why do you have such a difficult time grasping such a simple concept?

SoulMonster proves you, Ron Thal isn't better than Axl Rose.

You're trolling on these boards so fucking hard...

No he hasn't. He has said many times that the case can not be proven either way. He has not at all proven or even tried to prove that Axl is a better singer than Ron Thal. What in the hell are you talking about? Seriously man, I'm not trying to make fun of you but I really don't think you understand what I'm trying to say because you just aren't showing any understanding.

Your argument literally makes zero sense. You keep claiming that Axl is the better singer on a technical level yet every time I say he isn't you say something to the extent of "who cares about technicals?" facepalm. Do you not see how you are not making the slightest sense?

If you prefer Axl - fine. I'm sure most people do. But, on a technical level Ron Thal is the better singer, hands down as far as I'm concerned. It's already been established he has a much higher range, even by Soulmonster (who you claim has said otherwise). I'd go even farther and say he has better control of his voice, better use of harmonys, more vocal styles, better use of vocals styles, better manipulation of his voice and more...

Listen:

RON BUMBLEFOOT THAL ISN'T BETTER THAN AXL FUCKING ROSE. NEVER EVER IN THIS LIFETIME.

Technicallity doesn't mean a jackshit!

and stop this youdon't understandwhatimsayin bullshit

You're a fucking cupcake

Go on a Bumblefuck board or something...

What is your point? What does that have to do with anything?

my point is:

This is a board for GNR. Not Bumblefoot.

On a GNR board sayin' Bumblefoot is (the so called tehcnically) better than W. Axl Rose is clearly a trolling attempt like most of your posts...

This is the last time i arguing a stupid cupcake like you

Your argument literally makes zero sense.

Your existence on this board makes zero sense

If you prefer Axl - fine.

It seems to me, if bumble isn't a member of this band, you certainly not know GNR music.

If you don't prefer Axl then go the fuck away from here

Your argument literally makes zero sense. You keep claiming that Axl is the better singer on a technical level yet every time I say he isn't you say something to the extent of "who cares about technicals?" facepalm.

I'm just tryin' to say: nobody cares your stupid theory about how Bumblefoot is better than Axl Rose. You're a stupid cupcake. Period

Edited by Crash Diet

Listen:

RON BUMBLEFOOT THAL ISN'T BETTER THAN AXL FUCKING ROSE. NEVER EVER IN THIS LIFETIME.

You're a fucking cupcake

my point is:

This a board for GNR. Not Bumblefoot.

On a GNR board sayin' Bumblefoot is (the so called tehcnically) better than W. Axl Rose is clearly a trolling attempt like most of your posts...

Are you having a meltdown?

Guest Broskirose

Listen:

That is your preference and you are entitled to it. However it is only your preference. But we are not talking about preference. We are talking about technical vocal talent.

Then why do you keep trying to argue that Axl is technically the better singer?

You see that you are again doing this nonsense argument? I am going to break this down for you again because you seriously are not understanding at all. I am not talking about preference. I am talking about technical vocal skill. Ron Thal can sing in a vocal register that Axl has never sung in once in his life. You've got to be kidding me....

But, you clearly don't. You keep on arguing something that I'm not talking about. You keep on trying to tell me that you prefer Axl to Bumblefoot but, that isn't what I'm discussing. You can prefer Axl to Bumblefoot! Not a problem. I am not talking about who you or me or anyone else prefers. What are you not understanding about that?

You're a fucking cupcake

Go on a Bubmlefuck board or something...

You're the only cupcake here. Either that, or you have a serious comprehension problem.

You are making irrelevant argument's that have nothing to do with what I'm discussing, throwing around insults like a 2 year old, and have brought up a million things that have nothing to do with this thread such as my opinions on AFD, and sometimes just put words in my mouth alltogether. If anyone is trolling it is you. Get over your obession with me, stop derailing the thread, and stop making an argument that is 100% off topic. You keep talking about preference when I'm talking about something else....I never said you had to prefer Bumblefoot to Axl! For the 50th time! Christ's sake, are you just going to keep going in circles or do you want to keep derailing the conversation?

Listen:

You're a fucking cupcake

my point is:

Are you getting laid?

However it is only your preference

yeah, only mine...

why don't you suck my sweaty plums?

Edited by Crash Diet

Listen:

You're a fucking cupcake

my point is:

Your existence on this board makes zero sense.

Are you getting laid?

I was, but the fit your throwing distracted me. Thanks.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I learned some time ago not to get attached to the other members of the band, 'cause they come and go. Anyhow tick tock, tick tock .... times a wasting with the constant touring/ greatest hits cash grab. Us entitled fans need another album or three....

this is one of the longest periods without a lineup change in the entire history of the band and the current lineup will soon be the longest lasting lineup in the history of GNR.

4 years of touring out of 10 is not constant.

a third of the set is from the new album, so it's clearly not a greatest hits tour.

next?

dang i guess axl doesn't want to record with them then? can't really see why the longest line-up in GNR history hasn't put out an album? i believe it is a cash grab tour. i think the chinese democracy tour has been over and it's a greatest hits tour (even the greatest hits from cd). anyhow on the topic i guess the rest of the band members are okay, but i go to see axl. i like bbf, but i just kinda feel like they are just hired guys doing their job. just don't get the sense that its a collective effort there. time will tell.

MSL, since you always want to shoot down everyones complaints, can we please hear a couple of yours? You know you got a few.

Guest Broskirose

I know this will piss people off but Bumblefoot is a better guitarist than Axl Rose.

Now THIS is a fact.

Proof?

There's no proof. Axl could very well be learning guitar since the 80's so he'd blow the world away when he decides the best time to release The Legend of the Red Panda. We could be in for a big surprise. They need to get in a room and play the same songs so we will know who's cleaner, faster and better overall technician. Until you do it it's all opinion. On a serious note I'm gonna show ya's tomorrow Ron singing much higher than most will ever reach. Stay cool.

I know this will piss people off but Bumblefoot is a better guitarist than Axl Rose.

..as much as he would like to me, Axl Rose isn't a guitarist.

Did you see Axl holding a guitar during the 2001 (or when ever it was) Rio gig ? - painfully awkward moment. It wasn't long before Axl appeared to hand the guitar back.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm sure most fans outside these boards prefer Axl's ripped jeans to any of his current band members.

I do and I am on this board.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bumbulfoot play old GNR covers,Buckethead and Finck covers,Hey Ya and some others covers,Mariah Carrey covers

WHAT A TALENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it must be hard not even being able to open doors with that IQ :(

:huh:

ja det krävs ju IQ för att öppna dörrar

I understood your words, but what makes you think that DizzyReedsexmachine has got a low IQ?

because of the post... and it was you know... a joke :P

I'm still trying to figure out if he's serious or if he's a cupcake :lol:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the answer to that. Jokes on you for insinuating that he would be stupid.

It's already been established he has a much higher range, even by Soulmonster (who you claim has said otherwise).

Uhm, no, I haven't said that at all. I agree that Bumblefoot might be able to go higher than Axl, at least when slipping into that awful whisper register, but we have not determined Bumblefoot's range in the normal modal register or falsetto register. The range is not only dermined by how high you can sing, but how low you can sing, too. These too values defines the span of the vocal register. Even if Bumblefoot can sing higher than Axl in the modal register Axl might still be able to go much lower and hence have a bigger range.

But I dunno. My point all this time is that we don't know. It is not an undeniable fact. It is only opinions, still. That being said, I am impressed by what Bumbles can do, and he is a great asset for GN'R :)

I'd go even farther and say he has better control of his voice, better use of harmonys, more vocal styles, better use of vocals styles, better manipulation of his voice and more...

Range is at least something that can relatively easy be determined (when we have access to tracks that demonstrate their total ranges), what you mention here is extremely hard to quantify and I just have to repeat myself that the only way to compare these elements of technicality, would be to have them sing the same songs under the same conditions. That's the only way for us to get away from "opinion territory" and into "facts territory".

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7btw2l

This is one of his highest notes according to me and the human ears, lol. Mindblowing.

Could you specify where in the song it takes place? I would prefer to not have to hear through all that noodling.

EDIT: I just heard through it. It's the final note at the ends of the choruses, right? Not mindblowing, but indeed very high. Very Mickey Mouse-ish ;).

Edited by SoulMonster

I don't give a shit about who's technically better. Fact is, Axl Rose is holding the band down, in terms of ambition. If it were for any other band member, we'd have another album by now. Too bad Axl's the boss.

EDIT: I just heard through it. It's the final note at the ends of the choruses, right? Not mindblowing, but indeed very high. Very Mickey Mouse-ish ;).

Yes, mostly the final scream. Yes, it's a clean and technical scream, much different than your usual hard rock screams with full rasp and power and no technique. It's Rob Halford/Bruce Dickinson kind of scream, or as you'd like to put, mickey mouse-ish with a beautiful vibrato and ridiculously high.

Yes, mostly the final scream. Yes, it's a clean and technical scream, much different than your usual hard rock screams with full rasp and power and no technique. It's Rob Halford/Bruce Dickinson kind of scream, or as you'd like to put, mickey mouse-ish with a beautiful vibrato and ridiculously high.

Do you have any examples where he sings really low? Just to try to determine his complete range.

I don't know exactly how it works - I don't know if they're going to check his use opera-like notes or whatever. Anyway, I'll only say the name of the songs and they're @ YouTube since they are too many...

"Overloaded", "Real" (@ 1:41), possibly "Drunk" (@ 4:00), "The Color of Justice", "My World Is You", "Tuesday in Nancy" (@ 1:20), "Wasted Away", "Meat", "Dummy", "Chair Ass" (@ 0:28), "Abnormal" (Acoustic version), "Piranha", "Green" and "Redeye". Maybe "Dash"? They all have very low singing as his voice is really deep. These could be helpful, but I'm not sure though.

And maybe these...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1ke1n

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xmqxsp

These files were made public years ago :)