"We're getting ready to go back in to the studio" New Fortus Video

hitmanhart408

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they're going back to the studio doesn't actually mean that something will come out of it. Axl has been going back to the studio about 1.200 times before Chinese Democracy was even released, so they've got about 1.198 more times to go.

Yeah pretty much. When I hear some new music, then I'll care

" Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow."

Then go buy Bucket's album and Robin's album, and go post in a positive way on their message boards - instead of choosing to be negative for no reason other than being negative, on the Guns n Roses message board.

Edited by kbirdie76

" Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow."

Then go buy Bucket's album and Robin's album, and go post in a positive way on their message boards - instead of choosing to be negative for no reason other than being negative, on the Guns n Roses message board.

Or you could go somewhere where people have all the same opinion

I'll just keep it short, sweet, and to the point.

Actions speak louder than words, and ill believe it when I see it.

We've been given hopes of potential progress before, and its hard to tell if this is just an attempt to keep interest in Axl and co, or if Axl is just finally ready to move forward.

Only time will tell, and I really have no more and no less faith than I did before.

That is exactly it. Good post Bobbo.

Look how much studio time was spent in the making of CD!!!!

Until Axl is confirmed in the studio, writing/creating/producing a new record......with a tentative release date..........there really isn't much to get excited about.

Anybody can say anything. Anybody can hope something happens. But until that action actually takes place......then it really doesn't mean anything. ANything can happen between now and the end of the year. Say one band members decides to leave.Say Axl has throat issues. BBF injures his back again. The drummer quits. Dizzy gets in a car crash. Ashba and Fortus get in a fist fight. Axl bites a security guard. Heck, somebody's mom dies unexpectedly. All these things could cause the band to not get together.

Until the band - all of the band, not just everybody minus Axl - is in the studio recording, then we are no closer to a new album than we were before Fortus made this statement.

Compare it to somebody who owes you a bunch of money. Or somebody you are selling a car to.

The guy says "Oh don't worry, I'll pay you six months from now." Do you adjust your spending habits to reflect that he already paid it back? No. You wait until you have the cash in your hand.

hopefully when they say "back in to the studio" that means actually recording/real production, and hopefully they just touch up stuff/add vocals I want CD era material >,< give me new stuff later

Sounds to me like they will be doing overdubs.

Guest Broskirose

about 6 minutes in. the video is mainly about The Compulsions project

edit: don't know why the video didn't embed

I really don't wanna hear DJ on the next album. Too generic and he does not have a melodic ear. Thank you.

this

Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow.

well slash was great in Guns and made some of the best songs ever and now listen to his solo records ....they are really generic

This would keep the "Cover Band" discussion going on forever. "It's a Bucket solo bla bla bla". Remember that Axl is still in the band and he will have to approve of everything.

what?

I was saying that Slash's new stuff is generic..... so my point was that maybe people get good around Axl.

This is good news, it sounds promising. And he's said it several times now. Not just "once said something about recording and the interviewer made it sound like they'd come with an album".

Not only him, but other band members (Dizzy, Tommy) said the same thing.

GN'R have changed a lot now. They play shows all over the world all the time, they interact with the fans through twitter etc. they've got an website, message board, fan club, new official merchandise, stream shows online ++ The truth is GN'R now is like another normal band, like things should be in 2012. I have a good feeling on this album :)

Yes, that's why I'm excited for this album. It's not like it'll take several years again, they were touring Chinese and now they want a new album - Axl goes out there saying that they'd release as soon as he sort things with label.

Yes, and after the first interview where he talked about having spent time in the studio prior to RIR, he confirmed to me that they have plans of releasing a new record already this year, but that he makes no promises :)

He said that they want to release an album this year, but did you ask if it was a brand new album with new stuff or old CD sessions?

I was saying that Slash's new stuff is generic..... so my point was that maybe people get good around Axl.

To be really fair everything Slash played was generic. He just managed to get good things out of his guitar but he was never innovative. So yes, Ashba could bring something good to the table, altough I'm not holding my breath.

Thing is though DJ is really generic. I want to hear the material that was worked on by Buckethead and Robin. If a new GN'R album is anything like Sixx AM than it's going to blow.

well slash was great in Guns and made some of the best songs ever and now listen to his solo records ....they are really generic

This would keep the "Cover Band" discussion going on forever. "It's a Bucket solo bla bla bla". Remember that Axl is still in the band and he will have to approve of everything.

what?

Or maybe they were so volatile TOGETHER that they're a shell of their former selves without the other ingredient.

what?

Or maybe they were so volatile TOGETHER that they're a shell of their former selves without the other ingredient.

well that would be true if all the people involved would have written all the old songs together.... wich they didn't. True at some parts of AFD but not for UYI.

Slash could write great songs together with Axl so maybe DJ can make something half as good?

well that would be true if all the people involved would have written all the old songs together.... wich they didn't. True at some parts of AFD but not for UYI.

Not sure I follow you here. Are you saying that they didn't write any good songs "together?" What the others laid down is what Axl used as his lyrical platform. Even on Axl's ballads, Slash's guitar made the songs that much better. November Rain without that solo or Estranged without the guitar lick are ok songs. Slash's work made them great. Vice versa for Coma. Without the story(lyrics) of Coma, the music would have been OK. He opened it up. There are dynamics there that can't be reproduced just by finding a virtuoso or any old student.

I'll put it this way so it doesn't get confused - I never expect there to be as strong of a current GNR impact musically + lyrically just the same as I don't expect it from Slash either. It was a once in a lifetime combo that isn't the result of any individual. It was just fire and ice that made one hell of an awesome mess.

Slash could write great songs together with Axl so maybe DJ can make something half as good?

It's not my place to say if he can. No one knows either way. One thing I can say faithfully is that I doubt it will be anything extraordinary. If we are settling for "OK," then I guess it might be OK. We'll see in a few years.