Buckethead and Robin are history, get over it and move on.

Towelie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. For starters, Axl was mindful even back in 2008 of representing the newer NuGuns line-up on Chinese Democracy

If that is the case, why is Richard barely on Chinese Democracy?

And why is bucket all on the inside of the pamphlet?

Outside of axl, Finck and Bucket had the biggest hands in chinese democracy.

Finck and Bucket blew their chance. They also set the band back and are part of the struggles Axl Rose had to face.

lol are you kidding me?

The didn't blow jack shit. They left because they were and always will be too good for GNR.

Bucket went on to make more albums in a year than Axl will make in a lifetime and Robin left to tour with one of the best bands ever. They didn't blow it. Axl did.

And he has only himself to blame for the setbacks he faced.

Considering the fact that he has basically begged for Bucket to return and performed with Robin earlier this year/alway speaks for highly of him - I think Axl agrees.

Robin and Bucket are GNR. Cashba? Nothing more than a selfmarketing scumbag. Next.

smiley-sleeper.gif

Where is Bucket and Robin now? Bet they are not touring festivals and selling out Arena's all over Europe after a successful US tour.

Begged robin? This is Axl Rose who has had Duff, Izzy and Sebastian Bach play with him in under a year - he has guests.Fair to say he INVITES old members who are clearly not doing anything on a bigger scale since leaving GNR.

Your a fan of Robin, cool for you, however, there's a place for you called Former Gunners & Dust N' Bones. All you have done is gob off on the forum since returning and we can all see why you were banned in the first place.

If that's the way you feel towards Axl and the current line up why would you want to post in News and Discussion?

GN'R without Slash just isn't Guns N'Roses - ..and that's fact.

GN'R without Buckethead, Robin Finck and Brain means Chinese Democracy (live) just isn't Chinese Democracy (live) without these guys.

GN'R with Bumblefoot, Dj Ash, Frank means Guns N'Roses is one of the bigger coverbands, possibly the biggest coverband touring Earth right now :D

Once these new hired hands hit the studio, only then can we judge them properly. When that time arrives could be a long long way down the line..

Edited by vaida

Guest Broskirose

Where is Bucket and Robin now? Bet they are not touring festivals and selling out Arena's all over Europe after a successful US tour.

Bucket is making music constantly. Something Axl will never do.

Robin does not care about success. That is what I admire about him. He's one of the few genuine artists out there. He's playing with obscure bands and doing what he does best. :thumbsup:

Begged robin? This is Axl Rose who has had Duff, Izzy and Sebastian Bach play with him in under a year - he has guests.Fair to say he INVITES old members who are clearly not doing anything on a bigger scale since leaving GNR.

I never said he begged Robin. Read my post again.

Your a fan of Robin, cool for you, however, there's a place for you called Former Gunners & Dust N' Bones. All you have done is gob off on the forum since returning and we can all see why you were banned in the first place.

Really? Because I wasn't banned for anything relating to Robin Finck, Buckethead, Dj Ashba or anything GNR related at all for that matter. But nice try.

If that's the way you feel towards Axl and the current line up why would you want to post in News and Discussion?

???

I love Axl and I've seen the current lineup 6 times. Keep on making baseless assumptions about me though. You're doing a great job. :thumbsup:

I understand Towlie's point of view given he really enjoy's Ron's parts on Chinese and is cool with the current touring situation regarding setlists blah blah.

But there are many good reasons why people still want to talk about Bucket and Robin long after they've left, many of which have been pointed out in this thread. It's nobodies fault but Axl's that so many hardcore 'new era' fans feel let down after 11 years since Rio 3 and deal with it by talking about 2001-2002 such a lot.

Towlie, considering Axl took Brian May's solo off of Catcher based on the online reaction to it it's not impossible that he would choose to re-record parts or not for the new album based on what he reads online. If he's been on this board at all in the last few weeks he'll have seen a hell of a lot of people missing the fuck out of Bucket and Robin. He said Robin's parts on the next are done and I sincerely hope you're wrong and we get a shitload of untampered-with Bucket, Robin and Brain stuff. You will say that makes no sense but nothing in the last 11 years makes any sense so....

It's tough to forget about former GNR and New GNR members when all the band does is tour the music those guys made. Robin, Bucket and Brain are probably laughing over the fact that Axl is still touring in supposed support of music that they wrote and recorded over a decade ago.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Finck and Bucket blew their chance. They also set the band back and are part of the struggles Axl Rose had to face.

Do you feel that any of the struggles Axl had to face were self-imposed? I mean any at all

Hahaha! There are are very good reasons people don't take you seriously and there goes another! :lol: Blew their chance to do what exactly? Considering CD had them all over it and nothing in the way of new music has come out since? Missed their chance to sit around not releasing anything and waiting for Axl for years and years? :lol: Axl set the band back himself and both Bucket and Robin have gone on record saying they left because the band was going nowhere. This is quick screencap of my ipad at the moment and I'm guessing that looking at that Bucket doesn't really have any regrets, in fact he seems to be doing just fine.

615fe31e.jpg?t=1340742848

Think it's 36 albums he's released now at last count. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Broskirose

I can't wait for the same topics in regards to Ashba in a few years.

When Ashba leaves everyone will be more than happy to try to forget the absolute horror of his presence in the band and all the nut swingers will put him down like they do for every former member, and move on to the next guy (no matter how good/bad he is).

Robin is no better than DJ and Buckethead made the band into a laughing stock, purely from his image and that's why I detest him in GNR. Yes, great solo's, but ron can do those. Seriously, a hockey mask and KFC bucket on his head and does a robot dance? Get a fuckin grip laugh.gif

Good God this is the worst post I've read in a while. Robin no better than DJ.... Bucket made the band a laughing stock...Ron can do those solos...a hockey mask...

Wow 4 dumbass things to say in three sentences. Axl_Morris you're one of the most efficient dumbasses on here. No wonder Axl doesnt go out in public -- he doesnt like being accosted by the wrath of ignorance typical of Axl_Morris' ilk.

You really cant hear the difference b/w Robin and DJ? Between BH and BBF? Probably not, considering you cant distinguish a Michael Myers mask from a hockey mask. Are you sure the main reason you listen to GNR isnt b/c of some sexual fantasy? You clearly lack an ear for music.

. For starters, Axl was mindful even back in 2008 of representing the newer NuGuns line-up on Chinese Democracy

He plays on 6 songs. That's a little more significant than "barely on Chinese Democracy".

Guest Broskirose

Robin is no better than DJ and Buckethead made the band into a laughing stock, purely from his image and that's why I detest him in GNR. Yes, great solo's, but ron can do those. Seriously, a hockey mask and KFC bucket on his head and does a robot dance? Get a fuckin grip laugh.gif

Good God this is the worst post I've read in a while. Robin no better than DJ.... Bucket made the band a laughing stock...Ron can do those solos...a hockey mask...

Wow 4 dumbass things to say in three sentences. Axl_Morris you're one of the most efficient dumbasses on here. No wonder Axl doesnt go out in public -- he doesnt like being accosted by the wrath of ignorance typical of Axl_Morris' ilk.

You really cant hear the difference b/w Robin and DJ? Between BH and BBF? Probably not, considering you cant distinguish a Michael Myers mask from a hockey mask. Are you sure the main reason you listen to GNR isnt b/c of some sexual fantasy? You clearly lack an ear for music.

:rofl-lol:

haters hate. many hate on the guns n roses members who made the chinese democracy record and future unreleased material to be released on chidem 2 and 3. they're called buckethead and robin finck

What are you babbling about?

the OP of this thread is a buckethead and robin finck hater. haters hate

haters hate. many hate on the guns n roses members who made the chinese democracy record and future unreleased material to be released on chidem 2 and 3. they're called buckethead and robin finck

What are you babbling about?

the OP of this thread is a buckethead and robin finck hater. haters hate

That they do.

He plays on 6 songs. That's a little more significant than "barely on Chinese Democracy".

buckethead and robin is what's significant on the chinese democracy record. not richard fortus. examples: if the world, twat, til, and prostitute

Hahaha! There are are very good reasons people don't take you seriously and there goes another! :lol:

I love you Dazey but you need new material

Blew their chance to do what exactly? Considering CD had them all over it

Blowing their chance at touring the world with one of the greatest band and frontman in history? It's not like their putting out good music and headlining festivals :shrugs:

Again I love what they did on CD and respect them immensly.

Quality over quantity....thats what I want from artists. As a matter of fact i'm not a fan of any solo material from past and current GNR members besides Gilby :shrugs:

So having a gazillion albums like Buckethead does not impress me at all.

Do you feel that any of the struggles Axl had to face were self-imposed? I mean any at all

Of course Axl is responsible for some of the struggles.

Guest Broskirose

Blowing their chance at touring the world with one of the greatest band and frontman in history? It's not like their putting out good music and headlining festivals :shrugs:

They are putting out great music and I'm pretty sure Robin has headlined many festivals since quitting GNR. But even if he hadn't, who cares? It was clearly his choice to no longer be a part of GNR and in the end the only one missing out is Axl.

Quality over quantity....thats what I want from artists. As a matter of fact i'm not a fan of any solo material from past and current GNR members besides Gilby :shrugs:

Is it just me or did you just imply that Buckethead doesn't put out quality music?

And lol, so if Buckethead's albums don't impress you that means that he is missing out by not being in Guns? Your opinion dictates other's emotions?

Hahaha! There are are very good reasons people don't take you seriously and there goes another! :lol:

I love you Dazey but you need new material

Of course Axl is responsible for some of the struggles.

:rofl-lol:

You need to listen to more bands. Current GnR one of the greatest bands in history???????????? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

It's getting tiresome reading all the fawning over BH and Finck on here lately (besides, isn't that what the Former Gunners section is for?).

Agree. If we have to talk about ex-members, at least we should talk about the ones who actually recorded the awesome music the band is most known for. Robin and Bucket are nothing more than a footnote in the GNR legacy. We've already heard what they can do, and it was utterly disappointing imo.