Official "Ask Admin/Mod" a question thread

Snowmass

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I usually don't criticise the mods for their decision, but I really can't understand why we aren't allowed to discuss certain topics. Like has said many times before, if someone don't like a topic, don't read it. It's as easy as that.

I usually don't criticise the mods for their decision, but I really can't understand why we aren't allowed to discuss certain topics. Like has said many times before, if someone don't like a topic, don't read it. It's as easy as that.

No one said you weren't allowed to discuss it - that's why it was just moved and not locked or deleted. It's as easy as that.

Guest Broskirose

this

Moving it to a dead section that nobody reads is pretty much to disallow discussion of it.

Except for the fact that you can still have an open discussion about in in the subforum.

Seriously, as Zint just stated not long ago in the "Enough Is Enough" thread, we're working on a lot of sections for nearly every topic and situation, but people aren't patient enough, so for now, that's how I've dealt with those topics that were obviously cluttering the main section.

Everything is easy to deal with until you're actually having to deal with it. :rolleyes: Trust me, I know how it is for you guys and how it might seem, but when you're looking at it from the other side of the glass, it's a totally different point of view.

I'm curious why a topic like "Do you hate Axl" would be locked. The supposed reason is because Axl might read it? Change one word and it's apparently a normal topic.

"Do you dislike Axl?"

Looks like you guys might have a guy looking to turn the forum back into a muzzlefest.

I'm curious why a topic like "Do you hate Axl" would be locked. The supposed reason is because Axl might read it? Change one word and it's apparently a normal topic.

"Do you dislike Axl?"

Looks like you guys might have a guy looking to turn the forum back into a muzzlefest.

I thought ER had a pretty good explanation as to why he locked it:

Seriously, if you don't like Axl, or hate him even, that's fine, you're not the only one. But, as ER said, this is a FAN forum, and more people like Axl than those who don't. If someone wants to make a Gn'R forum that questions peoples fandom and feelings about the biggest member of Gn'R right now, then go ahead, but this isn't the forum for discussions like that. :shrugs:

Isn't it possible to like Guns N Roses and not like Axl?

So I take it that the censoring has already begun? It starts with "that was a ridiculous topic" and evolves into "that was a negative topic." Very slippery slope, IMO. I didn't even discuss the topic by the time it was locked. Just seemed like it was locked for being negative. It's going to be another ghost town forum if that's the motivation, I'm afraid.

Also, his custom title sure looks promising. That is a complete imitation of an individual at HTGTH.

Edited by Rustycage

Isn't it possible to like Guns N Roses and not like Axl?

So I take it that the censoring has already begun? It starts with "that was a ridiculous topic" and evolves into "that was a negative topic." Very slippery slope, IMO. I didn't even discuss the topic by the time it was locked. Just seemed like it was locked for being negative. It's going to be another ghost town forum if that's the motivation, I'm afraid.

Also, his custom title sure looks promising. That is a complete imitation of an individual at HTGTH.

Twisting my words...

I said you can like Guns N' Roses and not like Axl, DJ, BBF, whoever the hell you want to dislike. But, is there really a need for a thread to discuss not liking them? I mean, c'mon, really? The topic made it 3 or 4 pages or whatever, so if you didn't get to discuss your hate for Axl, I'm sorry to hear that you were too slow.

I'm pretty sure the forum is far from being a "ghost town", also.

And oh please, his title is obviously a joke. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I hate him. Why are you getting so irritated? I also didn't say it IS a ghost town. All I pointed out that the slippery slope that is starting will leave it being one. There's already an example of a site that was booming landing on it's face after everything "negative" or "ridiculous" was removed. I didn't want to discuss it. You acted like I was saying I hated Axl and should go to another forum. I was posting an OUTSIDE opinion on it.

Asking whether people "hate" him is a pretty good discussion as I'm sure it gives a place for people to discuss that they DO NOT hate him, only his choices. But since showing any interest in it or playing with photos gets you labeled as a hater, I agree it's probably better to stop the topic since it helps prevent the simple and small minded labeling.

As an example, I didn't even post in the topic and you are pointing to me in your comments as if I did and have claimed I hate him.(Which is why I pointed out I didn't get to discuss anything in it)

Serious question: Are you trying to get GNR support for your site? I don't mean financially. Is this in an effort to help draw the band in or is it just personal preference? My reason for asking is I can understand that motivation.

As a supporter, all I can ask is that you don't label as someone hating a man I don't know simply because I asked a question.

There is no "slippery slope" starting. That's my whole argument here. So one thread gets locked because it's obviously questionable, and that means the forum is being censored? If people hate his choices, make a thread about that, instead of asking if people hate him. I mean c'mon, hate is a pretty strong word, especially for someone none of us personally know, and especially for the lead singer of most of this boards favorite band.

As far as the pictures go, we won't get into a discussion about that, but I told you they were fine as long as they were posted in the according thread. You're still using your signature, aren't you?

As far as Gn'R supporting the site, that would be something for Subs or High' to answer, but I'm going to say "No".

No one is labeling anyone, except for the people that it's quite obvious. If someone doesn't like Axl, that's fine. If someone actually hates him, then hey, whatever? But I, along with the other mods, and I'm going to guess along with a majority of the forum, don't see a need for a thread discussing the question "Do you hate Axl Rose?"

The site is far, far, far, (etc.) from failure, or a ghost town, or whatever. So you, and no one else has to worry about that, or should worry about that.

Hope all, or at least some of this is understandable. We (or I) aren't trying to get irritated, but when people are ruining the main section with ridiculous threads along with thinking the forum is going downhill, it gets really upsetting and frustrating for the mods.

There is no "slippery slope" starting. That's my whole argument here. So one thread gets locked because it's obviously questionable, and that means the forum is being censored? If people hate his choices, make a thread about that, instead of asking if people hate him. I mean c'mon, hate is a pretty strong word, especially for someone none of us personally know, and especially for the lead singer of most of this boards favorite band.

As far as the pictures go, we won't get into a discussion about that, but I told you they were fine as long as they were posted in the according thread. You're still using your signature, aren't you?

As far as Gn'R supporting the site, that would be something for Subs or High' to answer, but I'm going to say "No".

No one is labeling anyone, except for the people that it's quite obvious. If someone doesn't like Axl, that's fine. If someone actually hates him, then hey, whatever? But I, along with the other mods, and I'm going to guess along with a majority of the forum, don't see a need for a thread discussing the question "Do you hate Axl Rose?"

The site is far, far, far, (etc.) from failure, or a ghost town, or whatever. So you, and no one else has to worry about that, or should worry about that.

Hope all, or at least some of this is understandable. We (or I) aren't trying to get irritated, but when people are ruining the main section with ridiculous threads along with thinking the forum is going downhill, it gets really upsetting and frustrating for the mods.

Mods are now doing a good job. JFC it's probably a thankless job sorting through the crap on here.

I didn't say I hate him. Why are you getting so irritated? I also didn't say it IS a ghost town. All I pointed out that the slippery slope that is starting will leave it being one. There's already an example of a site that was booming landing on it's face after everything "negative" or "ridiculous" was removed. I didn't want to discuss it. You acted like I was saying I hated Axl and should go to another forum. I was posting an OUTSIDE opinion on it.

Asking whether people "hate" him is a pretty good discussion as I'm sure it gives a place for people to discuss that they DO NOT hate him, only his choices. But since showing any interest in it or playing with photos gets you labeled as a hater, I agree it's probably better to stop the topic since it helps prevent the simple and small minded labeling.

As an example, I didn't even post in the topic and you are pointing to me in your comments as if I did and have claimed I hate him.(Which is why I pointed out I didn't get to discuss anything in it)

Serious question: Are you trying to get GNR support for your site? I don't mean financially. Is this in an effort to help draw the band in or is it just personal preference? My reason for asking is I can understand that motivation.

As a supporter, all I can ask is that you don't label as someone hating a man I don't know simply because I asked a question.

Holy jeez...If you'd used the words "party pass",I'd be highly suspicious of you being Madison.

:drevil:

Holy jeez...If you'd used the words "party pass",I'd be highly suspicious of you being Madison.

:drevil:

shock.gifThat's a low blow.

Is this the "thank you mods for merging all of the cobain threads" thread?

If so, thank you mods.

Whatever it is- thank you mods! No more Cobain this or does Axl pee that etc....stupid shit. Now let's go argue normal GnR shit!

Edited by Snowmass