So guys, remember that London proshot we were supposed to be getting?

bacardimayne

the 2010 shows were never set up for a release. This show was not only set up for a live stream but with the amount of camera's it was set up for a proper blu ray release.

However there are several points to why I don't think it will be released in the shops:

A) The had no encore, maddy/patience/rosie were not played and axl mentioned about making sure people had to catch the last train home, making it specific to the audience, this was not specific to an audience at home watching it on DVD.

B ) Axl stopped november rain during the firework rain, visually one of the best parts of the show that would be incredible to look at on DVD, however he was talking whilst this was happening.

C) Axl reference the jubilee and the queen ect, so it sort of makes it specific to the audience at that time, doesn't really mean anything to audiences watching at home months/years on.

D) the show nearly lasted 3 hours at a guess that would have to be two blu rays which I can't see them doing.

E) There was better shows on the tour to make a release from than this show.

EDIT:

I contacted livebeats through facebook

• Hey,
      On behalf of thousands of Gusn n roses fans, do you know when the expected release of the london o2 Arena concert will be?
      Thanks blank.gif

[*]211125_161137476312_7098372_q.jpg

2 hours agolivebeats

• we should know by the end of this month.

Edited by Axl_morris

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2010 shows were never set up for a release. This show was not only set up for a live stream but with the amount of camera's it was set up for a proper blu ray release.

However there are several points to why I don't think it will be released in the shops:

A) The had no encore, maddy/patience/rosie were not played and axl mentioned about making sure people had to catch the last train home, making it specific to the audience, this was not specific to an audience at home watching it on DVD.

B ) Axl stopped november rain during the firework rain, visually one of the best parts of the show that would be incredible to look at on DVD, however he was talking whilst this was happening.

C) Axl reference the jubilee and the queen ect, so it sort of makes it specific to the audience at that time, doesn't really mean anything to audiences watching at home months/years on.

D) the show nearly lasted 3 hours at a guess that would have to be two blu rays which I can't see them doing.

EDIT:

I contacted livebeats through facebook

• Hey,
      On behalf of thousands of Gusn n roses fans, do you know when the expected release of the london o2 Arena concert will be?
      Thanks blank.gif

[*]211125_161137476312_7098372_q.jpg

2 hours agolivebeats

• we should know by the end of this month.

A bluray disc can handle 3h

Edited by volcano62

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A) You're probably right on the first part (lack on an encore) but if it were set-up for a proper release they'd probably either cut the line about the train or just leave it. I have lots of concert DVDs where audience-specific things are said.

B) Good reasoning again. It's a total momentum stopper. Granted, they could cut to when they restarted the outro but they'd lose the firework thing. Unless both nights were filmed and they could take the outro (or the entire song) from the alternate night, then I agree, it'd be sad to lose out on this for the proper release.

C) Same thing about point A. The audience at home knows it was filmed in London so therefore they are also aware of why Axl's making those kinds of comments.

D) Blu-ray can handle more than 3 hours in full HD quality, so that wouldn't be a concern. My Titanic Blu-ray, for example, has the entire film (plus some special features) on one disc.

E) I agree. Even though it costs more, sometimes I think bands are better off filming multiple nights to cover where things can go wrong.