Guns N' Roses - 2002 Vma - Rehearsal - New Clip - MyGnR Exclusive

Guns-10years

I think this clip is cool as fuck, and it's something that I have always wanted to see desperately. It's no secret that this version of the band is probably my favourite out of all of GN'R incarnations, and I remember all the hype this rehersal footage caused back in 2006-2008. But with that being said, whoever has this is extremely selfish and counter-productive. He is no better than the rest of us fans, so what makes him feel he can tease us with 30 sec clips every few years is beyond me... :rolleyes:

Lastly, if this guy is waiting to trade this for something more rare, then what has the last decade shown you.......Nothing is probably going to turn up to trade this for. You are degrading this whole saga, by resorting to posting stupid little clips that doesn't do the footage justice.

Guns have moved on alot since then, and are a whole different band now....... so just release the damn footage. It really isn't a big deal, you are no hero by thinking your cool with this footage in your room, knowing your keeping something of great importance to real Guns N' Roses fans. :fuckyou:

This is Axl protecting his voice. Many singers do this! It sounds silly but it is quite common.

Have you seen This is It? Michael Jackson was also protecting his voice, and still sounded great.

This is Axl protecting his voice. Many singers do this! It sounds silly but it is quite common.

Have you seen This is It? Michael Jackson was also protecting his voice, and still sounded great.

You really think they didn't edit the shit out of that in post production to make him sound as good as possible? They would have cleaned it up even if he didn't die. Granted Mike was such a perfectionist I sort of doubt he would have ever been satisfied with putting that footage out.

Regardless it's been 10 fucking years and all the mystery around guns is gone. Just post the damn thing so I can look at it, shrug, and go on about my day.

Guest Broskirose

the whole thing isnt very long.

the whole thing goes for 40 mins

so are you going to show us the rest homie?

the whole thing isnt very long.

the whole thing goes for 40 mins

Thanks for sharing the first clip.

I appreciate there is some value to this as it is not circulating, but obviously we are all fans here and get a kick out of treats like this.

Please consider if you don't want to share it all, at least another clip, even just audio only, or some banter between songs. It would be appreciated.

Thanks all the same.

Edited by ben

I dont have the full version of this and I never said I did.

MyGnR haven't endorsed this, I chose to watermark it because I think this forum IS the best gnr forum out there.

about the footage,

The band rehearses the songs 3 times, Axl is pissed off throughout the rehearsals and during of which, there is a 'band huddle' where all the band members embrace and they all prepare themselves for the performance later on.

I had the chance to buy this but didn't have the funds, and after approaching quiet a few people, I couldn't really find the right people who were prepared to chip in a few bucks to get this liberated.

I appologize to those that wanted it as bad as me, hopefully one day the full thing will leak, but it wont be coming from me because I most likely burned that bridge when I chose to release this.

*If the owner and/or owners of the footage is reading this*

please release it one day, as you can see there is still interest in it but it's not as much as what it had years ago, I know your reasons why you choose not to release it (no he/their not just after money, but that is what was needed to get one of them to part with it), and that reason that you had no longer matters as its now been a long time (over 10 years) and those that would of cared if you chose to release it, no longer do.

You know the reason i'm talking about.

i know the footage is short guys, its the best I could of got, hopefully some of you enjoyed it, others well... each of us have our own favourite incarnation of gnr ;)

ciao.

I'm just a major fan of the 02 band, im not after recognition and i tried getting people over the past year to help chip in

chip in? how much?

It was in the same ballpark as the figure that was paid to get the LA 2006 show liberated. so not much at all (as long as a few people chiped in of course)

Edited by Guns-10years

I'm just a major fan of the 02 band, im not after recognition and i tried getting people over the past year to help chip in

chip in? how much?

It was in the same ballpark as the figure that was paid to get the LA 2006 show liberated. so not much at all (as long as a few people chiped in of course)

maybe the forum could set up a donation tracker to help get things like this liberated, I was unaware donations were being solicited

I couldn't exactly publicly instigate donations, It was hard trying to find fans of the 02 band that wanted to chip in.

Edited by Guns-10years

As MSL stated in the thread earlier, the footage you posted isn't new. It's been posted on YouTube previously off and on for years so I'm not sure how posting the clip you did would be burning any bridges.

And what I mean by "endorsement" is that by saying nothing about it, it appears as if the board is involved. For example, if you would've posted the same clip at GNRevolution, titled the thread the same and watermarked the YouTube clip with our site name, we would've changed the thread title and asked that the watermark be removed seeing as it had nothing to do with our site.

As MSL stated in the thread earlier, the footage you posted isn't new. It's been posted on YouTube previously off and on for years so I'm not sure how posting the clip you did would be burning any bridges.

Wrong, I've had my eye out for this footage since 06, and the only ones that I have seen the whole time is the madagascar clip and what was officially released.

A few mexican guys almost broke a deal with this about 5 years ago but it fell through, thats why the madagascar clip was than posted, similar situation here (but im not mexican).

i never stated this clip was on youtube. i stated it'd been floating around. this was the first public posting of it.

Two different sentences:

"As MSL stated in the thread earlier, the footage you posted isn't new."

and

"It's been posted on YouTube previously off and on for years"

both of which are very true.

Edited by russtcb