The inner dynamics of the original band

Marc,

First, thank you for coming here. This place is more fucked up than "the jungle" baby, and should only be entered with careful consideration. My question is about the original intentions of the band. I have read interviews from Slash and Izzy that they thought GNR would only be an undergound thing, at best. It also appears that is the only thing Izzy wanted for his career. I also read some early Axl interviews where he stated that he wanted GNR to be the biggest band in the world, this was an 87 or 88 interview. In another early interview, Axl stated that he always wanted AFD to sell more copies that Boston's first album. It would appear from these interviews that even from an early time that a divide existed among the bands aspirations. You may not be famaliar with these particular interviews, so asking you to comment is somewhat of conjecture, but do you believe this caused an early fracture within the band that made Axl feel isolated, and did Axl really always want GNR to be the biggest band on Earth? And, just for shits and giggles, if you haveone, what is your favorite GNR song?

Edited by Carlos Castaneda

Marc,

First, thank you for coming here. This place is more fucked up than "the jungle" baby, and should only be entered with careful consideration. My question is about the original intentions of the band. I have read interviews from Slash and Izzy that they thought GNR would only be an undergound thing, at best. It also appears that is the only thing Izzy wanted for his career. I also read some early Axl interviews where he stated that he wanted GNR to be the biggest band in the world, this was an 87 or 88 interview. In another early interview, Axl stated that he always wanted AFD to sell more copies that Boston's first album. It would appear from these interviews that even from an early time that a divide existed among the bands aspirations. You may not be famaliar with these particular interviews, so asking you to comment is somewhat of conjecture, but do you believe this caused an early fracture within the band that made Axl feel isolated, and did Axl really always want GNR to be the biggest band on Earth? And, just for shits and giggles, if you haveone, what is your favorite GNR song?

At the start of the band it was about getting the music out there. Izzy always wanted to keep things simple. Axl knew the band could be very big and Slash just wanted to make music and tour as much as posable. When AFD hit gold as far as I was concerned, they reached their goal. They made kick ass music and the people love it. The rest was just gravy. I can't pick a favorite song, there are so many that do it for me including some of the new ones.

Marc how much contact do you have with Slash now? He stays so busy and most of it is on the road.

I see him if he has a gig or an event and maybe once a year if he stops by Canters Deli to eat. He has never been to my house that I have lived in for the last 20 years.