"Welcome To The Jungle" Debuted at the Troubadour 27 years ago today 7/20/85

It was the first song the AFD line up wrote together. That night it was the 3rd song in their set. The song still sounds fresh and current and probably will always be. 27 years ago today. Happy birthday!!

I thought the first song they wrote was Don't Cry.

It was the first song the AFD line up wrote together. That night it was the 3rd song in their set. The song still sounds fresh and current and probably will always be. 27 years ago today. Happy birthday!!

I thought the first song they wrote was Don't Cry.

Don't cry was the first song GNR wrote before Slash Duff and Steven were in the band. It was put together by Axl and Izzy

Don't cry was the first song GNR wrote before Slash Duff and Steven were in the band. It was put together by Axl and Izzy

but Marc, according to your book they've already written and performed "Don't Cry" live with the new Hollywood Rose on December 31, 1984. so it's not really the 1st GN'R song - even if band members often said so?

Edited by Lim666

but Marc, according to your book they've already written and performed "Don't Cry" live with the new Hollywood Rose on December 31, 1984. so it's not really the 1st GN'R song - even if band members often said so?

Its still the first song that Axl and Izzy wrote when they got back together at the start of 1985. They did book a gig under the name Hollywood Rose but then a minute latter merge with LA Guns to start GNR

Was the first time you heard the song that night, or did you get to hear it as a work in progress?

Hearing it on the radio for the first time must have been a memorable day, too.

I sort of remember hearing the riff before the gig but I don't think I heard the finished song until that night.