Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

I agree with Ron. Since when did GNR become a wedding band?

Kind of lame.

Maybe Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and Billy Idol will show up and this can be the sequel to The Wedding Singer

:lol:

HTGTH says this:

Guys from www.gnrfrance.net are there...for working !

As an FYI, other bands that have played private gigs over the years include both Nirvana and Tool.

I mean really the guy is clearly a fan, if he wants to pay the money to have his own little gig, so be it.

Molson up here in Canada paid Metallica a ton to put on a little private gig for contest winners back in the day also. Was basically just a marketing campaign.

No biggie.

As for Ron... I like the guy. I love how accessible he is, but I think after this tour, he really needs to look into treatment options. It's pretty clear based on his comment about needles etc. that his back has a lot to do with this even if there are other things at play.

I can understand why he's frustated. Imagine in the middle of a flight you are told that you have to play a private show for some people you've never met before without being consulted about it first, on no sleep, and with none of your clothes or gear.

He's an employee of Axl. That's how it goes.

Guest Broskirose

I'm trying to remember where that show was in 2010 they played for $1,000,000?

Also at Telstra 500, in Australia, i think

I don't remember that at all.

Yeah, i was wrong, moscow is the right one

EDIT:

GNR received 1 Million to play at Telstra, but it wasn't in dollars, it was in australian money haha

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142986

Edited by rendestroi95

Guest Broskirose

Yeah, i was wrong, moscow is the right one

EDIT:

GNR received 1 Million to play at Telstra, but it wasn't in dollars, it was in australian money haha

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142986

They turned them down?

Exclusive photograph from the venue!

wedding-singer.jpg

:lol:

I'm so depressed right now. St Tropez is my favourite place on this planet and GNR are my favourite band of all time and I'm stuck on the other side of the world about as far away as you can possibly be. Fuck it!!!

I'll try to look on the bright side, at least I'm not the bride who has probably just married the most egotistical, megalomaniacal, tyrannical Russian businessman on the face of the planet. (All those Russian business men are like that, right?). You'd wanna have GNR playing at your wedding in that circumstance - kind of like one last hurrah.

Guest Broskirose

After tomorrows show, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this be the first time in a long long time that GNR have played 3 shows consecutively?

Bumblefoot‏@bumblefoot

“@jgcomps: Stop whining. You are touring with one of the biggest bands in the world, if you are unhappy, leave.” astounding ignorance dude.

Guest Broskirose

wedding-singer.jpg

Dazey you should take a course in graphic design .. your "paint work" is awful .. take the advise ... you'll be more funny :takethat:

He made that pic in a few minutes. He wasn't trying to make a professional looking photoshop. And it looks pretty good to me. I lol'd :lol:

You are the worst poster ever.

Edited by Broskirose

Can someone tweet Ron (I don't have a twitter) and say something to cheer the fucker up? "We obviously don't know what you're goin' through but please know we appreciate your performing through the pain!" or something? His attitude is depressing, like all he can focus on are the negatives.

I've done that many times during the tour, telling him how the fans appreciate him going through with the tour etc.

wedding-singer.jpg

Dazey you should take a course in graphic design .. your "paint work" is awful .. take the advise ... you'll be more funny :takethat:

He made that pic in a few minutes. He wasn't trying to make a professional looking photoshop. And it looks pretty good to me. I lol'd :lol:

You are the worst poster ever.

She really is. :lol:

bumblefoot doesn't looks happy =/

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot

Success without a feeling of integrity, or happiness, is not success. To me. We all have to re-evaluate our compromises once in a while..

seriously this is stupid... This coming from a guy that prior to GnR never played in front of more than a few hundred people. Compromise? What is he referring to? Your on tour BBF, if your neck is too messed up to tour, than dont. Like it or not GnR is a business and if someone offers a profitable sum of money to play a show and logistically you can make it work, then thats what you do.

BBF is a nice enough guy but this "oh poor me, Im gonna go eat some worms" BS has to stop. You're in Axl's band and he calls the shots, dont tell me you're just now realizing that?

After tomorrows show, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this be the first time in a long long time that GNR have played 3 shows consecutively?

Bumblefoot‏@bumblefoot

"@jgcomps: Stop whining. You are touring with one of the biggest bands in the world, if you are unhappy, leave." astounding ignorance dude.

London 2006

Guest Broskirose
Bumblefoot‏@bumblefoot

Crew working dangerously nonstop due to added show. Not ok with that... (Hey, if anyone has a prob with my honesty *UNFOLLOW* me.)

Is the show over or have they not started yet? Ron is still tweeting stuff so they can't be on.

Can someone tweet Ron (I don't have a twitter) and say something to cheer the fucker up? "We obviously don't know what you're goin' through but please know we appreciate your performing through the pain!" or something? His attitude is depressing, like all he can focus on are the negatives.

who gives a fuck, Ron Thal is a fucking idiot. I hope Axl cans his ass after this show.