"Oh My God"--The ultimate "New" GN'R song.

Vincent Vega

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love OMG. To me it just screams "the actual art Axl really wanted to make"...

Seems like it comes up once every few months- but IMHO Axl should have put the Finck/Huge/Stinson/Freese/Reed album out in '99 and toured the fuck out of it with no apologies. Who knows? Might have been Axl's "Achtung Baby" with a meaner GN'R/Axl "edge". At the very least I think he would have gotten lots more label support in '99 than he ever was going to get in '08...

That said- I love CD and the current line-up- and if Axl's moved on beyond industrial- he should focus on the music he wants to create in 2012...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--CyTwt5B0

Amazing backing vocals at 2:00 and 3:23, gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

It's an awesome song and I love it, among my favorites. I wish they had played it at Rio, they even rehearsaled it at the soundcheck, it was possible to hear them playing on the outside of the City of Rock while the gates weren't opened yet.

I always wondered, is the full song available somewhere in the same quality as the instrumental? Because that instrumental sounds really clear and the few versions of OMG that I have sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrG09EVglLU

OMG sounds nothing like NIN. Completely different type of composition found in most of Trent's work and it really isn't very industrial. It's pretty conventional verse-pre chorus-chorus-verse and outside of the opening is very guitar driven. The sound is NIN filtered through Axl, which ends up not sounding like NIN at all. It sounds more Marilyn Manson than NIN.

Guest Gunns

I have a love hate relationship with the vocals on oh my god, only because I know they could of been mixed better and I know Axl is capable of doing better, however its one of my favourite songs, period!

Edited by Gunns

Anyone else agree that Oh My God is like, among the best New GN'R songs?

Nope, it was a good song but I prefer many of the CD songs like CD, Better, TWAT, This I love, Madagascar, streets of dreams, sorry and maybe a few others.

Edited by chokes