GN'R Rock in Rio 2013

alangarcianr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about people who attended the last RIR...did they like the show or did they find it bad too?

I was there and while I hated having to be under that ice-cold rain, I thought I had just seen an avarage GnR performance with Estranged. I barely noticed Axl used Mickey Mouse. I only found out how horrible it all was the next day on youtube and TV.

How about people who attended the last RIR...did they like the show or did they find it bad too?

Yeah, it was the worst show of my life. I left on Patience to avoid traffic, since he was struggling throughout the song and it really pissed me off.

Axl will keep on playing Rock in Rio for the simple fact that's a great money grabbing gig - nothing else, nothing less.

His voice is nearly impossible to get any worse than in '11 and if he plays the usual greatest hits setlist it's a winner show for him.

He hit that paparazzi guy at the airport in 2009. I count that as a hit.

Anyway, Slash hasn't been that succesful either. He's releasing more music but it's nothing spectacular.

But getting the two back together won't help.

Oh and OT: I don't expect them to come to RIR without any new material. IF they're even going to play there.

Edited by UcudBmine

He hit that paparazzi guy at the airport in 2009. I count that as a hit.

Anyway, Slash hasn't been that succesful either. He's releasing more music but it's nothing spectacular.

But getting the two back together won't help.

Oh and OT: I don't expect them to come to RIR without any new material. IF they're even going to play there.

I thought they were going to be playing new material at Rock N' Rio 2011. Unfortunately the only "new" song we got was a song that was recorded 18 years ago.

Yeah, it was the worst show of my life. I left on Patience to avoid traffic, since he was struggling throughout the song and it really pissed me off.

Where were you in RiR? 'Cause I went there with three friends and we barely noticed Mickey Mouse... we were really close too.

I just really hope that, if this is true, that Axl can use this Rock N' Rio to redeem himself from the last show. Because, let's all be reasonable, it wasn't a good show.

I was ready for a kick-ass performance, with Axl's 2010 rasp and new material that would be awesome. Nope, what we got was a overweight, clearly unprepared and unrehearsed Axl Rose messing up lyrics, throwing fits, and the crowd and the millions of people on Youtube had to suffer because of it. I hope if they play RIR again, Axl's voice is somewhat better, he's prepared, and we hear atleast on new song (even if it's the reworked Oh My God). I hope that Axl uses this show to move the band forward. Because if the only "new song" we get is another 18 year old song, than I don't see the new band lasting long at all.

new songs have less than nothing to do with gnr's future success.

Well than GN'R will continue to be a "nostalgia act" and a member or two will probably leave soon enough. Imagine signing up to be a member of a band who's just playing older material when the frontman has a vault full of songs and you yourself have your own idea's for new songs. But the frontman, and your boss, just wants to keep playing the songs that were recorded 20 years ago by musicians who aren't in the band anymore.

In order for them to move forward, they need to release new material. If Axl wants to move this band out of the shadow of the old band, than he has to show the world what his band now can do in the studio. If not than he might as well reunite with the old band and continue to be a "Greatest Hits" act.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Well than GN'R will continue to be a "nostalgia act" and a member or two will probably leave soon enough. Imagine signing up to be a member of a band who's just playing older material when the frontman has a vault full of songs and you yourself have your own idea's for new songs. But the frontman, and your boss, just wants to keep playing the songs that were recorded 20 years ago by musicians who aren't in the band anymore.

In order for them to move forward, they need to release new material. If Axl wants to move this band out of the shadow of the old band, than he has to show the world what his band now can do in the studio. If not than he might as well reunite with the old band and continue to be a "Greatest Hits" act.

the world already saw what "his band" can do in the studio... Can't say the world went nuts over CD...

..but will Axl have penned any new songs by then? - or will it be Chinese Tour pt."%?

what does one make from such a comment ?

1. New GN'R relies solely on the Original GN'R back catalogue ?

2. People go to see GN'R to see Axl. New material is irrelevant ?

3. New GN'R are so useless, new material would only serve to damage the Original GN'R's reputation further ?

I'm from Rio and i know a lot of people who went to the show and they actually liked it, but when they came back to home and watched the videos on youtube they said "seems like i'm watching another concert, it was so much better there than on the broadcast"

I'm from Rio and i know a lot of people who went to the show and they actually liked it, but when they came back to home and watched the videos on youtube they said "seems like i'm watching another concert, it was so much better there than on the broadcast"

that's exactly what happened to me..

I'm from Argentina and I was in RIO and it seemed a very good show.. but videos sucks..

Edited by Alpachiris

that's exactly what happened to me..

I'm from Argentina and I was in RIO and it seemed a very good show.. but videos sucks..

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I thought I had attended an average GnR concert until the next day.

didn't rio promoters say after last time they wont have them back??

also it will just be the same old setlist

The RIR Promters did say they would not ask GNR to play the play RIR again. Then after a day or two and a few statements from the band about a sound board getting messed up from the rain as the crew was getting the stage and audio setting up for GNR to come on and that the organizers not having the stage set up right to keep the rain off the stage and equipment the promoters done a 180 and said they would love to have them back.

So who knows????

Edited by bigcountry

..but will Axl have penned any new songs by then? - or will it be Chinese Tour pt."%?

what does one make from such a comment ?

1. New GN'R relies solely on the Original GN'R back catalogue ?

2. People go to see GN'R to see Axl. New material is irrelevant ?

3. New GN'R are so useless, new material would only serve to damage the Original GN'R's reputation further ?

For 90% of the so called Gn'R fans out there, new music (even CD songs) are meaningless - people buy Greatest Hits CD and that's waht's played on the radio, so they want it to see the greatest hits catalog at gigs too. Pretty simple really...

Unless threre is a new album or the original band re-unites, not really sure why this would happen? What would they be playing? The same setlist they have been using for the last 5 years? The only reason people would really even be there, is for the other bands. This is a VERY bad idea unless something changes

Edited by fabrph5

hopefully this time axl won't use such a big festival as a warm-up, rir 2011 was a fucking disaster and the brazilian fans didn't deserve that.

Whats hilarious about this statement is EVERYONE that I spoke to that were at the show had a great time!

Stop the drama