Is it really that hard for people to drive the speed limit?

Redhead74

I have noticed recently that a lot of people drive way below the speed limit, maybe because there's more speed cameras or whatever, I don't know, but it's really fucking annoying. I don't expect people to drive over the speed limit, but on or slightly under (not 10 kilometres or 7 miles under) seems a reasonable expectation to me. Anything else is just anti social IMO.

Does anyone else have this problem or do I need to enlist in some anger management classes?

(I have noticed that Appetite For Destruction has become a very handy tool in handling road rage though).

I have noticed recently that a lot of people drive way below the speed limit, maybe because there's more speed cameras or whatever, I don't know, but it's really fucking annoying. I don't expect people to drive over the speed limit, but on or slightly under (not 10 kilometres or 7 miles under) seems a reasonable expectation to me. Anything else is just anti social IMO.

Does anyone else have this problem or do I need to enlist in some anger management classes?

(I have noticed that Appetite For Destruction has become a very handy tool in handling road rage though).

Dr. Phil.....Anselmo helps my road rage subside.

Cmon pumpkin pubes you know the government rips us off always with speed cameras being put on every intersection, plus cars parked on the side and of course the limited always been LOWERED. ITS SHIT.

Dr. Phil.....Anselmo helps my road rage subside.

Yeah a bit of Living Through Me, Mouth for War and Suicide Note Part 2 does the trick for me as well

Apparantly if you own a big black truck you are automatically allowed to drive 30 km over the speed limit. :book:

It also comes with the built in right to closely tailgate as an intimidation factor because you are not going 30 km over the speeed limit...on city streets.

It just seems to be a given. :max:

Apparantly if you own a big black truck you are automatically allowed to drive 30 km over the speed limit. :book:

It also comes with the built in right to closely tailgate as an intimidation factor because you are not going 30 km over the speeed limit...on city streets.

Shit, I know. Big ass trucks are the worst offenders on the road. That and college girls driving a forest green mid-late '90s model Honda Civic with a Roxy sticker in the middle of the back window and a Hawaiian lei hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Observation bias much?

Observation bias much?

yeah totally

tee hee

Observation bias much?

yeah totally

tee hee

I'm just kidding. It's a well known fact that the international league of over-compensating good ol' boys are out to passively aggravate anything counter culture.

Observation bias much?

yeah totally

tee hee

I'm just kidding. It's a well known fact that the international league of over-compensating good ol' boys are out to passively aggravate anything counter culture.

We're not heading back to you giving me a hassle with every post I make are we? :popcorn:

Observation bias much?

yeah totally

tee hee

We're not heading back to you giving me a hassle with every post I make are we? :popcorn:

GRusC.gif

I'm amused by our different perspectives on things. It's banter, man. I certainly wouldn't say it's harassing every single post.

So I drunkenly ridiculed you on another forum back in the day and we had a argument way back when. Bygones be bygones. :bitchfight:

That and college girls driving a forest green mid-late '90s model Honda Civic with a Roxy sticker in the middle of the back window and a Hawaiian lei hanging from the rear-view mirror.

..and white framed sunglasses.

That and college girls driving a forest green mid-late '90s model Honda Civic with a Roxy sticker in the middle of the back window and a Hawaiian lei hanging from the rear-view mirror.

..and white framed sunglasses.

Any car with a roxy sticker is grounds for a broken window

i hate when people speed but the worst is when they are speeding and then dont signal to change lanes and they cut right in front of you :nervous:

I feel the same way. Speeding isn't nearly as dangerous as unsafe lane changes, tailgating, lights off in miserable weather, or people weaving in and out of traffic like they are playing a fucking video game. I don't see anything wrong with doing 10 miles over the limit on a straight & dry road with few cars around, that's not gonna cause an accident.

And I fucking hate when people enter a 65 MPH highway doing like 45 MPH, it's dangerous as hell. You're supposed to use the damn entrance ramp to accelerate so that you're going with the flow of traffic by the time you merge. Drivers should be re-tested every time they go for a license renewal.

I love the people that make wide ass turns. Like you are in the left turn lane and before you turn you go right a bit (into a lane you shouldn't be in) so that you don't have to make as sharp a turn. Lazy ass people can't turn the steering wheel a little harder. :rolleyes:

I agree with all your points, Linguini. But I think they should increase the speed limits for the most part. 80% of the people out there already speed. Cars today are built to handle higher speeds, yet they never did alter the speed limits to account for that. The highway limit should go to 140km/h. That sounds high maybe, but kind of what a limit is supposed to be. So anyone who goes 141km/h should get a ticket. It's a joke that our limits are 100km/h but you can go 120km/h safely and the cops won't pull you over. Makes no sense.

The other thing is that the more you drive, the better a driver you become. Everything slows down, kind of like how a game slows down for an athlete who has gotten used to the speed of his sport. There is less fear and less hesitation in what you do, and I think that ultimately makes people better drivers. It can also make them more aggressive behind the wheel as they are comfortable going at higher speeds and making more dangerous maneuvers.

Yellow lights don't exist anymore.People race through yellows until it turns red...even then they keep going.

Cars waiting to turn get caught in the intersection,and the tools going the other way start honking, knowing full well why the cars are caught there in the first place.

Got stuck by a woman who was going 40MPH on a 65MPH highway, cars zooming by me. She kept breaking too. So fucking dangerous.

It is annoying when someone is only going 35 to 45 on the entrance ramp you are suppose to pick up speed. If you can't handle it, you should take back roads or stay home.

I'd also like to add that if I had a gun and permission to shoot every time I saw someone texting while driving (and as a result veering in and out of lanes and driving 10 km's under the speed limit) the 18-30 age bracket would be near the point of extinction in Australia. This to me is much more dangerous than driving 10kms over the speed limit whilst concentrating.

I'd also like to add that if I had a gun and permission to shoot every time I saw someone texting while driving (and as a result veering in and out of lanes and driving 10 km's under the speed limit) the 18-30 age bracket would be near the point of extinction in Australia. This to me is much more dangerous than driving 10kms over the speed limit whilst concentrating.

Odds are if I'm posting here ill do that. It actually heightens my concentration personally speaking. My only crime doing it whilst driving is if I get caught up whilst at the lights and ill forget to take off during a green coming on. But thats it. I do that with reading cd covets though in the car