Erin Everly: Axl's muse.

Vincent Vega

Think about it.

Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Estranged, and This I Love were written about Erin Everly. The woman must've been really been something special to him. People harp on and on about Stephanie Seymour but she inspired TWAT....Erin was probably Axl's true love and I bet if they ever got back together we'd see SCOM II.

• Like 1

Think about it.

Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Estranged, and This I Love were written about Erin Everly. The woman must've been really been something special to him. People harp on and on about Stephanie Seymour but she inspired TWAT....Erin was probably Axl's true love and I bet if they ever got back together we'd see SCOM II.

are you implying TWAT is a bad song? :o

personally i couldn't care less who inspired what... i mean for trivia and stuff its cool to know all that but its hardly a matter for a phd thesis.. just my opinion though :D

dint she also inspired YCBM?

Too bad he beat her so bad. Bet she looks back at her time with him and wants to vomit.

No need for that dude. If it's true it sucks, but none of us know what really happened there, don't add fuel to fire.

Plus she was at a show recently, so she's not that butthurt.

Edited by axl8302

Maybe some of them are about more than one person. When it comes to ChiDem, Axl didn't make it so obvious who the songs were about, except for TIL.

Stephanie was in Axl's life for barely 2 years, I just think he was amazed he could get supermodel quality girls at the time, even though he had plenty of pretty women available. Just not world famous like she was. But she liked older men, and created conflict, like answering the door naked with Doug Goldstein's jaw dropping on the floor. And I think there was prob. sexual tension between Erin and Steven that Axl picked up on.

Were these nice girls, head cases, or a little of both?

Being someone's muse is nice, but it doesn't pay the bills, otherwise Patti Boyd would be pretty wealthy right now (Clapton went from Layla to Wonderful Tonight, to Promises, to Bad Love), or Bebe Buell, who had songs written about her (Rundgren, Steven Tyler, Jagger, Bowie, and Stiv Bators...).

Too bad he beat her so bad. Bet she looks back at her time with him and wants to vomit.

No need for that dude. If it's true it sucks, but none of us know what really happened there, don't add fuel to fire.

"Regular beatings" from Axl. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20103471,00.html

"Regular beatings" from Axl. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20103471,00.html

That doesn't make it a fact, the press is full of shit. But if it's true, he fucked up. I can't tolerate that shit, but it's not our business, and should go beyond a fans remit of interest. If you don't like Axl, take the piss out of Rock In Rio, leave the personal shit alone.

Being someone's muse is nice, but it doesn't pay the bills, otherwise Patti Boyd would be pretty wealthy right now (Clapton went from Layla to Wonderful Tonight, to Promises, to Bad Love)

and Something by George Harrison... the greatest love song ever :P

boy she must have been special.

SCOM, definitely, November Rain I think was more about unrequited love in general (I think he started writing it before he even met Everly).

Estranged I think is more about Axl's own existential troubles.

In a chat, Axl said TIL is more about a composite of women, which I guess is his way of saying even though he always tries to say "it's a lie" with the different women he falls in love with, he can't help himself sometimes. The fact that in the alternate artwork there's a photo of a pussy covered in hundreds of thousands shows it's more about falling in love with (beautiful) women and feeling alive when shagging them :P

TWAT is 100% about Stephanie Seymour, though. "Broken glass and cigarettes" is a reference to that party they had a fight over and "never mind who you gave head" is prob a reference to Warren Beatty or some other guy she cheated on Axl with. I think Better is almost definitely about Seymour, too, about healing the scars from their doomed relationship and trying to live and learn. Street of Dreams ("all the love in the world couldn't save you"), too. And Prostitute ("love that you fed by perversion and pain").

Can't say if Sash Volkova inspired any of the music, at least the music we've got. Didn't she come in his life around 2006? Probably too late for any of the ChiDem stuff.

With Axl and his relationships, I wouldn't be surprised if they all seem similar and every love song could be about any or all of them. Almost everybody hooks up with the same kind of girlfriends/boyfriends and usually has the same turbulence.

We'll never know who it was about unless he tells someone. The songs could be about either girls.

"Q: Which women influenced the writing of the new ballads.

Axl: Ha! We'll get to these a bit later as they're a bit more complicated than a simple answer of a few names, but most are composites and became much more about the song than particular individuals. Also, again, I'd like people to have a chance to develop their own relationship with the material a bit. Not dodging, as most of these answers will come out over time."

"Q: Which women influenced the writing of the new ballads.

Axl: Ha! We'll get to these a bit later as they're a bit more complicated than a simple answer of a few names, but most are composites and became much more about the song than particular individuals. Also, again, I'd like people to have a chance to develop their own relationship with the material a bit. Not dodging, as most of these answers will come out over time."

As the song goes, "Time has come today".

Axl said in the Making of Estranged video that Estranged is about the breakup with his ex-wife, Erin.

Oops, my bad. But I also think he said some time during the Illusions era that Estranged and/or songs like it came from trying to express "Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way".

That doesn't make it a fact, the press is full of shit. But if it's true, he fucked up. I can't tolerate that shit, but it's not our business, and should go beyond a fans remit of interest. If you don't like Axl, take the piss out of Rock In Rio, leave the personal shit alone.

OK- probably more lies....everyone lies to Axl. Erin lies, Stephanie lies, Slash lies...his old management, probably you & I....everyone. No wonder he made an album called Lies. Maybe the new music (haha) will be called "Lies & More Lies....Liars"

OK- probably more lies....everyone lies to Axl. Erin lies, Stephanie lies, Slash lies...his old management, probably you & I....everyone. No wonder he made an album called Lies. Maybe the new music (haha) will be called "Lies & More Lies....Liars"

Or maybe it will be called "Internet-know-it-alls.

Fact,none of the posters here have first hand knowledge of what occured,you are just assuming and speculating.

"People" magazine thrives on sensationalism,as do most journalists,It's nothing more than a glorified National Enquirer or Daily Mail,so do not present that as any sort of evidence.

What happens in People's personal lives is not the fans business,unless you have formed an unhealthy attatchment to the Band/Artist,and have entitlement issues.

Nobody looks at what you post as a guide for living their lives,in case you weren't aware.

What happens in People's personal lives is not the fans business

Welcome to the world where an artist, especially a musician, has fans that try to relate to him personally and therefore try to find out the personal issues that resulted in the art.

When you find the world where you can have your cake and eat it too, let everyone know.

At this point, I am surprised that people could actually debate that Axl was abusive to Erin in their relationship. Obviously none of us were there, but come on now. :no:

But she liked older men, and created conflict, like answering the door naked with Doug Goldstein's jaw dropping on the floor.

I vaguely remember hearing about this. You know it's from?

Or maybe it will be called "Internet-know-it-alls.

Fact,none of the posters here have first hand knowledge of what occured,you are just assuming and speculating.

"People" magazine thrives on sensationalism,as do most journalists,It's nothing more than a glorified National Enquirer or Daily Mail,so do not present that as any sort of evidence.

What happens in People's personal lives is not the fans business,unless you have formed an unhealthy attatchment to the Band/Artist,and have entitlement issues.

Nobody looks at what you post as a guide for living their lives,in case you weren't aware.

So you are saying Erin's quotes were made up by the magazine? I could probably find other (lying no doubt) news outlets that have same quotes. Funny how much some people go to defend all aspects of Axl. As great as he was, as kick ass as he was....he beat chicks. Or do you believe they lied? It happened....just breathe and admit it. He and Chris Brown have something in common....we just don't have pics of Erin & Stephanie's damage.

Im saying that it takes two to tango,some women are combative as well and live to press your buttons.

What is wrong with taking the lyrics and applying them to your own life? Trying to dig in and be a part of the Artist's/Band's life can become extreme and unhealthy.

Im saying that it takes two to tango,some women are combative as well and live to press your buttons.

What is wrong with taking the lyrics and applying them to your own life? Trying to dig in and be a part of the Artist's/Band's life can become extreme and unhealthy.

Please don't say that means she had it coming. It doesn't matter if she pushed every button Axl had, doesnt give him the right to put his hands on her.

And you can absolutely apply them to your life! But for me, I like to know what made the artist write the song in the first place. I like to know the backstory behind it. I don't think that's unhealthy.

She was? When? Her husband filed a restraining order against her not too long ago. Kind of interesting.

She was? When? Her husband filed a restraining order against her not too long ago. Kind of interesting.

She was at one of the '11 shows.

sltuo2.jpg

At Atlanta show last year.