Great job GNR

JAxlMorrison

"True fans" post here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2.0

Note that there's only 10 active threads in the past week.

I think the "true fans" (dickhuggers) should just accept that they're now a minority.

You all sound like crazy cultists.

"AXL WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD - YOU'LL SEE!"

I don't think GN'R ever will be very popular again, but luckily for me my own enjoyment of GN'R doesn't depend on others.

And what has a positive thread about GN'R got to do with HTGTH? Is it now not allowed to be a content fan here at mygnrforum? ;). Man, you have got to be one of the most pathetic Internet persona I have ever come across :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to thank Axl and the boys for the taxing schedule they have undertaken for the past year to bring GNR music all over the world. Ignore the cupcakes. A lot of us are happy as hell to have you guys active, and for the opportunity to enjoy the 3 hours of kick ass shit you fellas do live. There are a good percentage of decent hard working fans out there with brains in our heads, and we appreciate your effort, love the old stuff, support the hell out of Democracy, and wait patiently for anything you guys record and release together. Screw the opinions of these basement dwellers, a lot of us still have your backs. Good luck in Vegas and I'll see ya there with a group of friends!

I concur, this is a great time to be a GN'R fan.

It really is! :thumbsup:

"True fans" post here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2.0

Note that there's only 10 active threads in the past week.

I think the "true fans" (dickhuggers) should just accept that they're now a minority.

You all sound like crazy cultists.

"AXL WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD - YOU'LL SEE!"

I don't think GN'R ever will be very popular again, but luckily for me my own enjoyment of GN'R doesn't depend on others.

And what has a positive thread about GN'R got to do with HTGTH? Is it now not allowed to be a content fan here at mygnrforum? ;). Man, you have got to be one of the most pathetic Internet persona I have ever come across :D

Agreed, and to be deemed most pathetic on this board? That's clearly a badge of honor, lol. Put it next to all your last place trophies your Mommy made the teachers and coaches give ya. "The TRYING Award!" Lol....

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

another true fan.

What makes you think that you are a true fan and they aren't? No reason to have that demeaning tone to them just because they've got more reasonable opinions than you about the mess Axl call GNR.

By the way, you don't have to comment on that I'm a true fan, I already know that I am. ;)

I am sooooo proud to be a GNR fan!!!!! :wub:

Thanks for this thread!!! and don't worry about the haters!!!! they are here just to be our jesters!! laugh at them!!! :lol:

just enjoy this great time!! we, the true fans are soooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hug:

tons of love to everyone!!!!! :heart:

Notice how the crazies have to reassure themselves that yes, the band is in fact doing good things despite reality proving otherwise.

To newbies and crazies -- like you -- GN'R being active by doing lots of great tours as well as talking about a new record, may not be enough, but to us who have been a round for a while through the ups and downs this is actually quite remarkable. Who would have thought back in 1988 that 24 years later the band would still be active, touring the world and still writing music? Not you, of course, you were probably not born then and you still can't think.

Seriously - go to HTGTH - we don't want that shit here.

Luckily the cupcakes are not in charge. But since you are the only one complaining, maybe you are the one who should start looking for a forum more in tune with your own preferences?

Why all these negative comments, when someone says something positive?

The attitude section is where you can complain.

GREAT JOB GUNS N' ROSES!!!!

(True fan since 1990, who hasn't got anything to complain about)

You are perfectly happy with Axl putting out one album if music since the SI covers album?

I don't get that. Wouldn't a true fan crave music from their favorite band?

You choose the last 15 years over the musical output of other bands.....you are glad Axl didn't release albums in 96, 01, 06, and then maybe one this year (along with 08).

If you have no complaints about what has transpired since the classic band broke up, what you are saying is that you are an Axl fan, not a GnR fan. Because GnR has put out one album in the last almost 20 years.

I just don't understand how a "true" fan doesnt want new music from their favorite artist. You are happy listening to a limited number of songs over and over, and watching a group of random guys cover the classic band's material.

Why all these negative comments, when someone says something positive?

The attitude section is where you can complain.

GREAT JOB GUNS N' ROSES!!!!

(True fan since 1990, who hasn't got anything to complain about)

You are perfectly happy with Axl putting out one album if music since the SI covers album?

You choose the last 15 years over the musical output of other bands.....you are glad Axl didn't release albums in 96, 01, 06, and then maybe one this year (along with 08).

If you have no complaints about what has transpired since the classic band broke up, what you are saying is that you are an Axl fan, not a GnR fan. Because GnR has put out one album in the last almost 20 years.

I just don't understand how a "true" fan doesnt want new music from their favorite artist. You are happy listening to a limited number of songs over and over, and watching a group of random guys cover the classic band's material.

I'm happy with everything. New music, or no new music. Ofcourse I agree, a new album would be awesome! And I think it'll happen someday, when the time is right. But if it never happens, I'm fine with it too. It's not that I desperately need a new album to keep my interest in Guns N' Roses.

The fact that Guns N' Roses still exists is just great, people seem to forget that sometimes.

They're still on the road. Axl could decide otherwise and stop the whole thing. I guess that's not what a real fan wants.

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

From 0 to 10 I was an 8. So I am happy but could still be happier. In other words, not perfectly happy. And why? Because we got a new record only 4 years ago (big surprise, never thought it would happen) and because the band is more active than ever before. The question is not why we are happy, but why shouldn't we be? Should I be unhappy today because GN'R was dormant a period during the early 00s? Sure, if I was one of those delusional kids who expected GN'R to release every 2nd year, then yes, I might be sad about the situation, but luckily for me, I am not.

GN'R is touring around the world on a regular basis, that's good. They have remained active since 2009, that's also a positive. They have a kick ass band, Axl hasn't walked off stage, and only a handful of shows have been canceled. Their all positives and I give a big :thumbsup: to all of that.

Unfortunately, GN'R continue to play (and cover) the older band material on a nightly basis. Sure, Axl was the lead singer of the original band, but the rest of the band had nothing to do with the material that came out between 1986-1996. But, for some reason, Axl is doing a Vegas residency playing Appetite for Destruction. That doesn't make sense. It's a new band, a new era, and new time. Why does Axl continuously ridicule the thought a reunion, Slash, and the older era's, but continues to play the music of the old band? The don't want GN'R to be a nostalgia act, a cover band, I want them to be their own band. I don't want DJ or Bumblefoot to leave because they're tired of playing the old band's material. Imagine that you joined a band, and had this big vision of songs, lyrics, and what you would want to do. But, the lead singer just wants to, basically, "live in the past" and not put your talents on the table and show what you can do in the studio.

I hope that we get new music soon. I hope the new band get's a chance to shine, and they move on from having the set-list being 60% of the old band's material.

Looks like I am in the minority here in that I agree 100% with original poster, strange that I am in the minority with that here on a GNR fan page. I don't want to peruse Jarmo's board because I do appreciate seeing everyone's views and don't like to get one-sided version of everything, as I can make my own decisions and my mind mind up based on both sides. That being said though, I am an Axl fan through and through. I would go see him no matter who was in the band alongside him, he could sing nursery rhymes all night and I would go. Some people are just fans of the music, some of specific members of a band, some both, but for some here that don't seem to be a fan of either of those, why are you even on this forum?

I have been a fan since I was 11, 1991, through thick and thin (so I am not what you would call a NuGuns fan) I remained a loyal fan of Axl's throughout many a dry spell over those 20 years, so yes, I am thrilled that Axl is actively performing these last few years. I have my own life and worries, worrying about new music from him is a waste of time. Seriously people, it will come out when it comes out, if ever. I honestly never thought we would see another album back in the early 2000s either, but my life went on. Coming on a fan message board and complaining about not getting new music is not a constructive use of anyone's time, it will not change anything. Some motherly advice, as I use on my own children: You get what you get, and you don't get upset! Just be thankful for what we have gotten and that Axl is willing to go out and perform at all.

And personally, if I did have any say in new music, which I am well aware that I do not, I would rather hear something current that Axl has written than some moldy songs that have been sitting around since 1999.

Edited by Purely Magnetic

I am sooooo proud to be a GNR fan!!!!! :wub:

Thanks for this thread!!! and don't worry about the haters!!!! they are here just to be our jesters!! laugh at them!!! :lol:

just enjoy this great time!! we, the true fans are soooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hug:

tons of love to everyone!!!!! :heart:

Creeper alert.

I think it's perfectly fine to show appreciation for the touring while simultaneously expressing hope for new material. Love him or hate him, Axl is a legend who probably has only 5-10 more touring years left in him so we should enjoy his concerts while we still can.

Agreed!

I think it's perfectly fine to show appreciation for the touring while simultaneously expressing hope for new material. Love him or hate him, Axl is a legend who probably has only 5-10 more touring years left in him so we should enjoy his concerts while we still can.

I had this same train of thought at the last concert I went to in AC back in February. I was front row, center, and looked to my husband and said, I just can't imagine it getting any better than this. He is not getting any younger, here we are front row center at small club show with Axl smiling, making eye contact with us, sounding fantastic. Go appreciate the shows and years he has left as a performer, try to stop being bitter or resentful about stuff that is completely out of your control.

I'm happy too. Regardless of whether or not the original lineup were better, the current one is really good and my fave band in the world. I'm not biased just because i'm a GNR fan - I really disliked them during that 2000-2006 period. I'm delighted Axl is keeping GNR's music alive, and he's done a great job in re-building this band tbh. And you're right, that amount of touring, with 3 hour shows, is absolutely incredible for anyone, let alone a 50 year old who performs in the way he does.

I've seen the current lineup 3 times now (twice in 2010 and the first London show of the latest tour) and they were all amazing, 3 of the best gigs i've ever been to by far. I like over half of Chinese Democracy, a couple of the songs i'm not keen on, but CD, This I Love are right up there with my fave GNR songs, Sorry & Better are great too. Really looking forward to the next album, especially with Ashba.

Only times when i'm a bit disappointed is when Axl sings without rasp. It's ok on some songs and it works ok, but it annoys me when he doesn't. I firmly believe he could though, it just seems like he's holding back a lot for some reason. But certain stuff like CD, Jungle, etc definitely proves that his voice is still the same. 2010 voice was probably my favourite ever, tbh.

Cant help but think that those fans whinging constantly are only interested in the original lineup and can't be pleased. Tbh a lot of the time i wish they weren't called 'Guns n Roses' and then maybe there'd be a lot less moaning bastards on here.

Edited by OJones90

I had this same train of thought at the last concert I went to in AC back in February. I was front row, center, and looked to my husband and said, I just can't imagine it getting any better than this. He is not getting any younger, here we are front row center at small club show with Axl smiling, making eye contact with us, sounding fantastic. Go appreciate the shows and years he has left as a performer, try to stop being bitter or resentful about stuff that is completely out of your control.

Only on a GnR forum are people considered bitter and hateful because they wish their favorite singer/band put out music more than once every 15 years.

Only on a GnR forum are people considered bitter and hateful because they wish their favorite singer/band put out music more than once every 15 years.

Where did you read the hatefull part?

Are you claiming, there are no bitter members on this forum? Cause there are and some also claimed they are. To be clear, I also understand the bitterness. One reason to be bitter about is exactly as you stated, 1 album in 15 years, without orginal members and touring under the GNR-name. Even I have some bitterness about that. You can defend the GNR fans, and attack the newgnr fans, but do it right.

I actually said resentful, not hateful, but since you mentioned it? Yeah, hateful too. It is one thing to wish your favorite singer/band put out music more than once every 15 years and another to obsess over it and spend your free time on a fan message board raining on everyone's parade who actually does appreciate the band touring and performing. It is like a broken record around here, anytime anyone says anything remotely nice or positive about the band there is immediately a post bashing or bringing up new music or original members.

Guys, I really hate deleting posts but I've removed a bunch from this thread.

The personal insults turn this place into a cesspit. I'm not going to ask you to gush all over Axl/GN'R, but I will ask you ALL to respect each other's point of view.

If it continues, I'm left with no choice but to start sending warnings out. Please grow up a bit, most of you "offenders" have been here long enough to know better.