[OFFICIAL] GNR to play at 2012's Bridge School Benefit

ChristianGNR

I think he does a lot for charity. I remember Axl visiting a children's hospital when he was in London in 06'. For them to even make that happen he must be connected to some charity or another. Axl strikes me as someone who wouldn't get the media in on things he does like that anyway. Good on him. A good chance for them to warm up for the vegas tour.

Edited by Axl_morris

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they probably read all the bad comments about the next cash-grab tour and found a way to look less mercenary. a benefit show. perfect. thanks again, team brazil.

There's absolutely nothing negative to get out of this. GN'R playing a benefit show for disabled children is great.

Except the fact they'll show up late and fuck shit up..

JK but seriously if they show up late for this then fuck u team brasil

Edited by AxlRose14

they probably read all the bad comments about the next cash-grab tour and found a way to look less mercenary. a benefit show. perfect. thanks again, team brazil.

what a fuckhead

If Axl could walk on water, some here would say "he can't swim."

And those same idiots would say Slash could.. Some people are still pissed cuz he made them wait for hours at some show in the 90's.. sometimes you just need o let the past go and move on!!!

I am glad GNR is doing something like this cuz they never do, but hopefully we'll hear some news on a new album by then.

really cool idea, like it and interested in a possible acoustic set, hmm.

AND, can the couple of idiots in this thread take their attitude to attitude - starting to get tired of 2/3 member polluting the main section to spew their bullshit when we've tried to create sub sections for all.

Thank you.

I know when Metallica played it back in '97, they played an acoustic set. I think this is totally awesome for the guys to do. Such a kickass, genuine, GOOD thing. I'm very curious though to see what they'll play. I think most bands play like 8-10 songs. You know they won't be doing stuff like ISO or Mr. Brownstone. Hopefully it'll lean more towards a casual-friendly set, 'Catcher', 'If the World', 'Street of Dreams', etc. I can see them doing 'Jungle', 'Paradise City', 'November Rain', 'Patience', and 'SCOM', and then a few CD songs...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-jack-white-and-flaming-lips-to-play-bridge-school-benefit-20120908

As always, the artists will perform completely acoustic sets. This will be the first Bridge School Benefit for Guns N' Roses, Jack White and the Flaming Lips, and it will be a unique opportunity for fans to see them do an unplugged set.

sweet, love me some acoustic!

Edited by Gunns

I know when Metallica played it back in '97, they played an acoustic set. I think this is totally awesome for the guys to do. Such a kickass, genuine, GOOD thing. I'm very curious though to see what they'll play. I think most bands play like 8-10 songs. You know they won't be doing stuff like ISO or Mr. Brownstone. Hopefully it'll lean more towards a casual-friendly set, 'Catcher', 'If the World', 'Street of Dreams', etc. I can see them doing 'Jungle', 'Paradise City', 'November Rain', 'Patience', and 'SCOM', and then a few CD songs...

You know they won't be doing stuff like ISO or Mr. Brownstone.

I also thought setlist. They won´t be doing MB, ISO and RQ, My Michelle.

Seeing as the set may be as short as 30 minutes, I wouldn't expect November Rain. Maybe this is a sensible setlist?

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

Seeing as the set may be as short as 30 minutes, I wouldn't expect November Rain. Maybe this is a sensible setlist?

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

It's a kids' show - I'd expect softer numbers.

Something like:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Catcher in the Rye

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Patience

Paradise City

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost