Axl Rose jacket he wore in 1988 going for $8000

Tabitha27

One of a kind Axl Rose Jacket worn by Axl in 1988

One of a kind leather jacket worn by Axl Rose while on tour in 1988. The Appitite for Distruction Tour. It is made from the fines leather even the wording and all the stars on the jacket are cut out of leather. It truly is a piece of art in its self and made solely of the fines skins money can buy. I was in the crowd when his manager came up to me and asked me if I wanted to come back stage to party with Axl. While I was talking to Axl I made the comment "I like that Jacket" he took it off and told me that I could have it. It has been in my closet ever since. Own a one of a kind piece. The main part of the jacket is soft black leather, red and white leather stripes down the arms and white leather stars on blue leather shoulders the letters on the front and the back are white leather and the collar and front lapel are red leather. The jacket is out of a collection from San Francisco, California

Call Leslie at 778-440-0246

5E15Ff5R33G73K13F4c9a55590bba7cda1c68.jpg

Well maybe Dexter will see this post and if it is truly Axl's jacket, he will buy it back

Craig's List to me is the bix Red X here not whether it's really Axl's jacket or not but the fact that someone would do any type of transactions with Craig's List.

Can you see the next Axl Rant in Vegas?

...."well, I was um, like bored one night and I decided to internet surf and ....um, well, I saw this post on mygnr.com (insert shout out to UK Subs)....and well, I saw my fucking jacket that some bitch stole from me and was tryin to make like $8000 off my ass........I've been tryin to like, find this shit for over 20 years....and thanks to mygnr.com......I was able to get my fuckin jacket back.......I dedicate this next song to the bitch who stole it.....I know you all were expecting just Appetite songs tonight, but.....this calls for help from my friend, Mr. Izzy Stradlin......."double talkin jive motherfucker...." :takethat:

Edit to say I am copywriting and trademarking my rant. I like my rant and if Axl steals my rant and uses it in Vegas, I will sue him :lol:

Edited by Tabitha27

"I was in the crowd when his manager came up to me and asked me if I wanted to come back stage to party with Axl. While I was talking to Axl I made the comment "I like that Jacket" he took it off and told me that I could have it."

Riiight!

fake as fuck axl 1. doesn't party with random dudes from the audience ( i hope ! )

2. i very much doubt he would give people his jacket willy nilly

the contact is for someone named leslie, so there's a chance leslie was a hot sleazy groupie in 1988. i wouldn't dismiss it off the cuff.

Yes, but $8000 is really too high for the jacket. Considering there's no way the girl could prove that is from Axl.

i wouldnt dismiss it at all, perhaps she stole it, i was just wondering if theres any footage or proof he ever owned it or one like it? maybe marc knows if axl ever had a jacket like that one?

I think he had one BUT what can assure you that's the one from Axl? It's $8000 bro, not $300. :shrugs:

i wouldnt dismiss it at all, perhaps she stole it, i was just wondering if theres any footage or proof he ever owned it or one like it? maybe marc knows if axl ever had a jacket like that one?

If it was custom made, it would prob. have to be the shop that made it for Axl, but going that far back, doubt they have any documentation. Even if you found a photo of the jacket, anyone can reproduce it, esp. the Paradise City jacket.

This is 25 years ago, doubt anyone's going to remember except Axl, and he could've bought that jacket the same day.

If they took it to a pawn shop, they'd get a couple of hundred for it.

If it was custom made, it would prob. have to be the shop that made it for Axl, but going that far back, doubt they have any documentation. Even if you found a photo of the jacket, anyone can reproduce it, esp. the Paradise City jacket.

This is 25 years ago, doubt anyone's going to remember except Axl, and he could've bought that jacket the same day.

If they took it to a pawn shop, they'd get a couple of hundred for it.

if they took it to a pawn shop they would probably get like $5 for it, without proof that Axl had it, that jacket is worth whatever a 25 year old leather jacket is worth

I'm guessing a 2012 Axl jacket would require Axl paying someone to take. LOL

Slash would buy it and would ask Myles to wear it.

:rofl-lol:

Myles would then obey like he usually does....

I wouldn't spend $8000 on any jacket even if I was rich.

Edited by volcano62

Story could be legit. I have a friend who used to work for her aunt's catering company and they would cater for the bands at her local arena back in the day. Anyways, she once told EVH that she liked his shirt, and he gave it to her just like that, right off his back. Never underestimate the kindness of a rocker, I say.

Story could be legit. I have a friend who used to work for her aunt's catering company and they would cater for the bands at her local arena back in the day. Anyways, she once told EVH that she liked his shirt, and he gave it to her just like that, right off his back. Never underestimate the kindness of a rocker, I say.

It all comes down to what a collector values it at, they run enough episodes of "Pawn Stars" and "Antiques Roadshow" regarding value of memorabilia.

Your aunt can prove she catered to bands, but if there's no photo of Ed wearing the shirt and she's posing with him, it's got little value except to some vintage t-shirt shop. She prob. has a bunch of signed stuff bands and tour managers gave her, which would prob. give her some credibilty with a collector.

Hard Rock Cafe wind up with fake stuff from time to time, so even professionals get duped. Hendrix's brother was writing handwritten lyrics, saying it was from Jimi and the authenticator called bullshit on it.

Even family members will try to trick fans, or sell things that shouldn't be sold.