First record/CD you ever bought.

Redhead74

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

My first 45 (it's a really small vinyl album with one song on each side...they called it a single :tongue2: ) was Hey Jude.

Serious, Hey Jude?!?!?! Fuck me, you was on the right track from the start, eh? :) Have you still got it, i bet its worth a few quid. Don't flog it though!

According to my Amazon history, the first one I bought with my own money was Stone Temple Pilot's No. 4...but I feel like there's one before that that I can't remember.

Hey that's interesting and now I'm feeling really old. When I bought my first record (Lionel Richie) there was no Amazon, no Internet and no CDs. It was still the days of vinyl (and I proudly don't have any wrinkles, so I must be doing OK) but I remember it was this big, big thing. I remember getting my money and mum took me to the record shop and getting it home and holding it in my hands, so excited to put it on. I ran around the lounge room singing "Running with the Night" and "Hello" :lol:. Embarrassing I know, but I don't care, it was great! Does this not happen anymore? Or was I just a bit weird? :lol:

I loved being in the recordstore. Putting these giant headphones on, to listen to vinyl records, before buying any . I was very little when I started doing that. By the way, I owned 'Hello' as well, :takethat: Oh and as a kid I also loved the serie 'Fame' and ofcourse MJ. Both Belonged to my first records as well. And Culture Club's 'do you really want to hurt me'. Those were all very popular with kids, just as Kate Perry and Justin Bieber are now. How old are you Redhead, you can PM me that, if you want ;)

Oh wait,

I also owned Joan Jet's 'I love rock and Roll', Cindy Lauper's 'Girls just wanna have fun'. I also loved old Motown music, owned records of Marvin Gaye, the Supremes and such. But also INXS, Japan, The Cure. I still love all kinds of music. My brother and I were always recording and busy with making tapes, buying albums. We loved music, we still do. It's my fathers big hobby as well, but he only loves classical, but I think we inherited it from him.

I can talk for hours about stuff like this.

I'm 38. Not need to get funny about age I reckon. The 80s were my teenage years and I was obsessed with Michael Jackson, a-ha, George Michael, and then along came Axl Rose and EVERYTHING changed! Hahahaha! I wish I knew the exact date that I first heard SCOM, because thats the that day changed my musical interests forever. I probably changed as a person that day too :)

First CD

Lita-Ford-Lita-1988-Front-Cover-57883.jpg

I had that album too! I loved her! Does anyone remember Vixen? They were funny and had a lot to answer for the way the girls were walking around dressed at such a young age. *facepalm*

My first 45 (it's a really small vinyl album with one song on each side...they called it a single :tongue2: ) was Hey Jude.

Serious, Hey Jude?!?!?! Fuck me, you was on the right track from the start, eh? :)

I'll tell you something..with 3 older sisters, each with a stack of records piled to the ceiling.

One into Motown, one into the 50's early 60's shit, one into Beatles, Stones, Monkees etc, it was all right there from birth man.

Literally, I was born in to hearing this shit all the time.

When they would leave for school it was the same mantra every day "don't touch my records".

Which of course I did. :tongue2:

I can still visualize the Beatles albums leaning against the wall, I'd stand there and stare at them and think how fucking cool they were.

I didn't know why, I just knew.

One of my earliest memories in life, and this is for real, is going down in to the basement where we had a big green chalkboard...I drew 4 stick men, three with guitars, one with drums.

My sisters asked me who it was and I said "John, Paul George and Ringo".

I was like...4.

They looked at each other and for once they didn't hound the shit out of me..they were like "whoah".

Lifelong fan man. :)

Have you still got it, i bet its worth a few quid. Don't flog it though!

I've still got it.

It gets buried with me. :devilshades:

I'll tell you something..with 3 older sisters, each with a stack of records piled to the ceiling.

One into Motown, one into the 50's early 60's shit, one into Beatles, Stones, Monkees etc, it was all right there from birth man.

When they would leave for school it was the same mantra every day "don't touch my records".

I can still visualize the Beatles albums leaning against the wall, I'd stand there and stare at them and think how fucking cool they were.

That's the same as me. 2 older brothers. That's how I became such a big fan of Cooper since I was 5.

That's the same as me. 2 older brothers. That's how I became such a big fan of Cooper since I was 5.

I gues older siblings are good for something. :tongue2:

According to my Amazon history, the first one I bought with my own money was Stone Temple Pilot's No. 4...but I feel like there's one before that that I can't remember.

Hey that's interesting and now I'm feeling really old. When I bought my first record (Lionel Richie) there was no Amazon, no Internet and no CDs. It was still the days of vinyl (and I proudly don't have any wrinkles, so I must be doing OK) but I remember it was this big, big thing. I remember getting my money and mum took me to the record shop and getting it home and holding it in my hands, so excited to put it on. I ran around the lounge room singing "Running with the Night" and "Hello" :lol:. Embarrassing I know, but I don't care, it was great! Does this not happen anymore? Or was I just a bit weird? :lol:

I loved being in the recordstore. Putting these giant headphones on, to listen to vinyl records, before buying any . I was very little when I started doing that. By the way, I owned 'Hello' as well, :takethat: Oh and as a kid I also loved the serie 'Fame' and ofcourse MJ. Both Belonged to my first records as well. And Culture Club's 'do you really want to hurt me'. Those were all very popular with kids, just as Kate Perry and Justin Bieber are now. How old are you Redhead, you can PM me that, if you want ;)

Oh wait,

I also owned Joan Jet's 'I love rock and Roll', Cindy Lauper's 'Girls just wanna have fun'. I also loved old Motown music, owned records of Marvin Gaye, the Supremes and such. But also INXS, Japan, The Cure. I still love all kinds of music. My brother and I were always recording and busy with making tapes, buying albums. We loved music, we still do. It's my fathers big hobby as well, but he only loves classical, but I think we inherited it from him.

I can talk for hours about stuff like this.

I'm 38. Not need to get funny about age I reckon. The 80s were my teenage years and I was obsessed with Michael Jackson, a-ha, George Michael, and then along came Axl Rose and EVERYTHING changed! Hahahaha! I wish I knew the exact date that I first heard SCOM, because thats the that day changed my musical interests forever. I probably changed as a person that day too :)

First CD

Lita-Ford-Lita-1988-Front-Cover-57883.jpg

I had that album too! I loved her! Does anyone remember Vixen? They were funny and had a lot to answer for the way the girls were walking around dressed at such a young age. *facepalm*

Axl Rose got you into shitty hair metal? Me thinks you went about shit the wrong way.

Haha no, it does happen. I know I certainly bought CDs at our local place, Soundcheck Records, before that but I just can't remember what it was. Soundgarden's Superunknown was definitely one of the early ones though.

Hey Graeme, that is really cool that the first album you bought and first concert you went to was the same band! I just watched that clip you posted again in the concert thread and that piano intro is really good. Great song, I'd never heard them before (I say that a lot around here, a bit embarrassing really). :)

Blink 182? Really? Ew (THE MONKEES!).

I fucking love blink-182. Their live shows are crazy. Even the fact that the guitarist can't sing worth shit live is funny.

I saw them in charlotte nc at the verizon wireless amphitheater, and all around the place are giant glowing red signs that said "REFRESHMENTS". Mark Hoppus shouted to the audience "HELLO... uh... wait I thought we were in charlotte but there are giant signs that say refreshments everywhere... HELLO REFRESHMENTS!!!"

Then Tom changed a quarter of the lyrics in their most famous songs to being about his dad giving him a hand job. Fun shit.

Hey Graeme, that is really cool that the first album you bought and first concert you went to was the same band! I just watched that clip you posted again in the concert thread and that piano intro is really good. Great song, I'd never heard them before (I say that a lot around here, a bit embarrassing really). :)

Haha! Well, like I say, back when I first got into music it was their albums which did it for me. A friend of ours who was a few years older copied one of them, called Millionaires, onto cassette for my brother and I and we pretty much wore that tape out by playing it every night when we went to bed... I still remember watching the light-up equaliser display on the front of the old hi-fi dance as it lulled me off to sleep, so the next time I was taken to a shop which sold CDs I was desperate to get another one and at the first opportunity to see them, my Mum agreed to get tickets as soon as she heard they were playing despite threats of bad language and getting showered in thrown beer!