Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axl's band will still be a gnr replica after the interview. this ain't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things.

in europe and in most parts of the world, nobody knows who is jimmy kimel and nobody watches his show. so i don't know how this will help axl to write songs and record them. i really don't know.

You know what is cool about TV? There are literally hundreds of channels. So you don't have to watch, if you even have a TV. There is always a few. There is no negative way to spin this, dude is just gonna get people pumped for the shows and is doing some marketing. Isnt this what everyone was clamoring for him to do?

Damn dude, go diss him on VR.com, I hear they hit there 100th thread. :thumbsup:

+1 +1 +1

axl's band will still be a gnr replica after the interview. this ain't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things.

in europe and in most parts of the world, nobody knows who is jimmy kimel and nobody watches his show. so i don't know how this will help axl to write songs and record them. i really don't know.

Ummm who the fuck doesn't know Jimmy Kimmel? That's like asking who Jay Leno is :rofl-lol:

Is interview will be alive? OMG If Axl come late?

I hope that interview will better than TMS.

I don't think it will be live. I don't watch his show regularly, but I don't think it's been live for a long time.

Seems like a normal band might even play a song or two on the show?

:lol: Which means GNR probably won't.

For the people talking about vegas tickets, its a residency at a hotel, so they will be paid probably no matter how many tickets they sell. Axl may have even got the money for it already. Plus why go on an interview for the first time in 20 years to say about vegas?

even if this is just to sell tix it's always cool to see

Axl on TV.

(some of the nugnr fans are really scared of "haters"."when will the haters come?"

what's so scary about different opinions?)

There is a difference between different opinions and then pure trolling. I don't respect people who are very active members on a fan site, and all the do is insult everything that has to with the band. There is no reason for them to waste their life here.

I'll give you that.

Such awesome news! To be honest though, I'm only really expecting Vegas promo, I think expectations of new album talk or anything particularly deep are slim. It's only Kimmel guys, he's not going to ask any pressing questions.

Expect a fun, light hearted interview. I don't think we'll get any major announcements, but I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Ummm who the fuck doesn't know Jimmy Kimmel? That's like asking who Jay Leno is :rofl-lol:

I genuinely don't know who they are. If you live somewhere where they don't appear on the tv then it's quite easy to not know who they are.

I genuinely don't know who they are. If you live somewhere where they don't appear on the tv then it's quite easy to not know who they are.

True

well done Team Brazil. Where are the fukin haters now??

Give them time.... They will say something like "I can't believe Axl is selling out by doing this interview"... Wait for it lol

No. What's going to happen is, the interview is going to go by, Axl won't talk about a new album or play a new song, and that's when people will lose their shit

Indeed. And they will also complain about the way Axl answered questions and how he looked :)

Well good for Axl, honestly. Let's just hope he doesn't precensor Kimmel too hardcore like he did Trunk last year.

BS is right, it's probably just for the residency. But to give credit where credit is due, at least it's progress.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Cool. I hope it will be better than the TMS interview. That was disappointing. I suppose it won't be as disappointing, as I won't have as high expectations. Either way, it's really cool to have Axl on TV. I hope there will be some questions about Slash and the Hall of Fame. I want to hear more of Axl's thoughts about those two subjects, even if it's stuff I won't like.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Jimmy: So tell me about your upcoming residency with GN'R.

Axl: Well, it's gonna be a celebration of our first album Appetite and also our last album Chinese Democracy with deep cuts from both and maybe a few surprises thrown in there too!

Jimmy: Right, so basically the same thing you've been doing since HOB 2001?

Axl: .......

Jimmy: Ummmm, seen any good films recently?