Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how far of a drive it is for P5, but it's roughly 5 hours for me and he mentioned meeting up and carpooling the rest of the way. Where and how much, I don't know, but to answer your questions:

Partly.

Driving.

Just thought I'd check.

..per chance you might be passing by the ariport or something t4xxzo.gif

Not sure how far of a drive it is for P5, but it's roughly 5 hours for me and he mentioned meeting up and carpooling the rest of the way. Where and how much, I don't know, but to answer your questions:

Partly.

Driving.

It's about 3 and a half hours from school for me. Stroudsburg would probably be the best meetup place for us (Unless you can think of somewhere closer)...from school I take Rt. south through Williamsport and then I-80 east all the way into Jersey...if you know of somewhere better to meet up let me know ;)

Just did a check..the arena is only an 11min. drive from the airport, just a few miles away.

That's good news, even if I had to cab it, not too bad.

As long as we're doing the same gig we'd be happy to pick you up!

Think the PPV is going to be $50?

Seems a bit steep.

They'd get more people ordering if the price was in more of a reasonable price range.

WWE charges $55 for Wrestlemania, just to give you an idea, and it could turn out to be less, but I highly doubt it. I'm sure some people will find a way to watch it for free.

The Stones were the first band to have a pay per view concert (I don't think they made much money out of it) and it happened to be the one where the guy ran on stage and Keith took care of business *L*.

At 2:45, you'll find the PPV promotion from 1981, it's pretty amusing.

when i was a kid, my friends and i went to a rolling stones concert to see the smashing pumpkins open up.

we left after the pumpkins.

now that i'm older, i feel very dumb for doing that.

It happens - you just liked SP more at the time, you weren't paying for the tickets, so it wasn't like you felt like you had to stay to get your money's worth and stay.

Partly.

Driving.

It's about 3 and a half hours from school for me. Stroudsburg would probably be the best meetup place for us (Unless you can think of somewhere closer)...from school I take Rt. south through Williamsport and then I-80 east all the way into Jersey...if you know of somewhere better to meet up let me know ;)

Just did a check..the arena is only an 11min. drive from the airport, just a few miles away.

If you all ordered an extra pair of tickets, considering it's prob. going to sell out fast and go on Ebay & Stub Hub for ridiculous amounts of money, could prob. have your tickets, t-shirts and gas covered.

Partly.

Driving.

If you all ordered an extra pair of tickets, considering it's prob. going to sell out fast and go on Ebay & Stub Hub for ridiculous amounts of money, could prob. have your tickets, t-shirts and gas covered.

As much as I appreciate the idea, I don't condone scalping, though it would probably definitely work :lol:

Partly.

Driving.

As much as I appreciate the idea, I don't condone scalping, though it would probably definitely work :lol:

Yea same...not into scalping at all.

Also, this really works out for me, because I won't even have to request off work for that day. :D

This doesn't work out for me at all. :lol:

I have some shit scheduled that weekend so I have to figure something out fast.

I might just fly in, see the show, head back to the airport, kill time there and then catch the first redeye back.

The Stones put on a good show live, but I wouldn't spend $400 to see them. I've seen them before and I can tell you that they aren't worth more than $150, unless Ronnie dies and Mick Taylor replaces him. The ridiculous pricing is the main reason why I am not going to see McCartney and Springsteen next month. Ticket prices are out of control, and I wouldn't have a good enough time to justify the price. A reunited Zeppelin or GNR are the only two bands I'd pay that kind of money to see.

Edited by Randy Lahey

The Stones put on a good show live, but I wouldn't spend $400 to see them. I've seen them before and I can tell you that they aren't worth more than $150, unless Ronnie dies and Mick Taylor replaces him. The ridiculous pricing is the main reason why I am not going to see McCartney and Springsteen next month. Ticket prices are out of control, and I wouldn't have a good enough time to justify the price. A reunited Zeppelin or GNR are the only two bands I'd pay that kind of money to see.

Seeing them with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman for a couple of songs wouldn't be worth it for me. If they said they were doing one of the albums from beginning to end, I'd go see it. I had floor seats when I saw them.

Haven't seen this discussed. Picture on Twitter from Monday, presumably of a setlist of songs being worked in rehearsals:

2012RollingStonesTwitter161012.jpg

I dig some of the choices B)

You can tell there's more underneath that page. Should be interesting to see if they do the show in chronological order, I'm sure they're going to have a really cool intro to the concert, and prob. have a few they've rarely done in concert.

Being that Johnny Depp put Keith in a couple of movies, wonder if Keith told him to pack a guitar.