Who could possibly act as a bridge?

alfa75

Marc,

Musical collaboration aside, as both have too much other stuff going to for us to seriously entertain a real reunion, it would seem that perhaps Duff or You could act as some sort of bridge between Axl n Slash just in terms of personal relationship with each other.

Does no one outside of fans care? Is there someone blocking this? Are there legal issues clouding the waters?

I can certainly understand, they want different things musically and I can never see Slash back in Guns as a hired Gun, but can no one mend the relationship? I mean, Izzy and Duff can go so far as perform on stage with Axl. Clearly those old wounds can be healed.

Also, you mentioned Slash reaching out to Axl. Did you mean the "visit" to the house that was handled by Beta? It would seem, in any scenario, that Slash would have to be the pro-active one in making the peace, isn't there anyone who could broker that deal?

Thanks.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time that I could have been a good bridge but not anymore. It doesn't matter anyway, what Axl want's, Slash cannot give him. So as long as Axl believes that Slash is the bad guy, nothing will happen that would involve both of them working together again.

Marc, if you wanted, you could contact Axl directly while bypassing Beta correct? It is a damn shame you and Axl are not speaking. From your stories, you strike me as someone who doesn't agree with Axl as a yes man just to appease him. I think that is good for any celebrity. Too many ass kissers who want to ride the gravy train. I have seen it with other celebriities. The book thing seems like a miscommunication and no reason to end a long friendship. What is stoppng you from reaching out to Axl?

"what Axl want's, Slash cannot give him."

Does that mean strictly personally speaking as in a big public apology or musically as well, in terms of Slash no longer has anything to offer Axl playing or writing wise?

When you say post 2006,does that mean Slash's book was the last straw for Axl?

In that case, why didn't anyone intervene before then? ie Duff, You or whoever else.

Guest RonMexico82

I think a lot of people don't even care necessarily about Slash and Axl working together, they would just like to see them speaking to each other again on a human basis.

It is a pity they can't even do that. I think the best way of this happening at this stage is for Slash and Axl to literally meet by accident and the only way Axl doesn't fly off the handle is if Slash has his kids with him. A simple - "hi how are you" might go a long way in an unexpected face to face scenario.

I've seen the same thing happen between bitterly divided people in my own life.

I think a lot of people don't even care necessarily about Slash and Axl working together, they would just like to see them speaking to each other again on a human basis.

It is a pity they can't even do that. I think the best way of this happening at this stage is for Slash and Axl to literally meet by accident and the only way Axl doesn't fly off the handle is if Slash has his kids with him. A simple - "hi how are you" might go a long way in an unexpected face to face scenario.

I was hoping that My sons bar-mitzvah in 2005 would be a place where they would both be in the same room and maybe it would break the ice for them to at least say a few words to each other. They were both invited and they both said they would be there. I told them both that the other one was coming. Beta was there but no Axl. She said he was sleeping. It may have been too much for him to go somewhere that he knew Slash was going to be. Maybe if he didn't know Slash was also going to be there, it may have worked but I was not going to lie to Axl about it.

Guest RonMexico82

I was hoping that My sons bar-mitzvah in 2005 would be a place where they would both be in the same room and maybe it would break the ice for them to at least say a few words to each other. They were both invited and they both said they would be there. I told them both that the other one was coming. Beta was there but no Axl. She said he was sleeping. It may have been too much for him to go somewhere that he knew Slash was going to be. Maybe if he didn't know Slash was also going to be there, it may have worked but I was not going to lie to Axl about it.

Yeah probably not advisable to be the one to arrange a "chance encounter." People with such deep divisions, particularly where they once were close, usually prefer to avoid each other because they can't handle the intense feelings of hurt, which all arise out of love really at the end of the day. From experience, when they are very quick to say very angry things about the other but when they finally meet face to face they usually go to pieces.

Unfortunately these meeting usually only occur in two situations. A random encounter on neutral ground where confrontation is not an option. A funeral.

I really hope that Axl and Slash don't leave it to the latter.

Yeah probably not advisable to be the one to arrange a "chance encounter." People with such deep divisions, particularly where they once were close, usually prefer to avoid each other because they can't handle the intense feelings of hurt, which all arise out of love really at the end of the day. From experience, when they are very quick to say very angry things about the other but when they finally meet face to face they usually go to pieces.

Unfortunately these meeting usually only occur in two situations. A random encounter on neutral ground where confrontation is not an option. A funeral.

I really hope that Axl and Slash don't leave it to the latter.

Great post brah. So really, you believe people fall to pieces, esp those with deep hurt from eachother? Kinda in that situation with wife. lol

Were Slash and Beta both there?

Yes and when Slash played the Godfather with My son, Beta left the room. She said it was out of respect for Axl. She came back after it was the song was done. I don't think Axl would have left the room for that. It was very emotional and I think Axl would have liked it.

Edited by recklessroad

Yes and when Slash played the Godfather with My son, Beta left the room. She said it was out of respect for Axl. She came back after it was the song was done. I don't think Axl would have left the room for that. It was very emotional and I think Axl would have liked it.

Wow cool!

Oh and did Beta and Slash spoke? That was overly dramatic of her. lol

Wow cool!

Oh and did Beta and Slash spoke? That was overly dramatic of her. lol

No

No and Slash didn't even know she was there.

Guest RonMexico82

Out of respect for Axl? What planet is this woman from? Is she implying that Axl wouldn't want Slash playing onstage with your son?

Finally, as a guest, the least she could have done is stayed out of respect for you and your family.

No It was my idea. My son was the youngest in his class. All his friends already had their bar mitzvahs and they were pretty much all the same. We had to do something a little different. I didn't know if Slash was going to be in town because all he does is work. When he said he was going to be there, I was thinking how cool would that be if they had a little jam or something. The Godfather was perfect because Alex played keys and it is a short song and didn't need any vocals. Slash had to do it in a different key because Alex learned it from an old gigs gig and in 2005 Slash was tuned a half step up so he played it different than he was used to doing it. It came out great and it was very interment.

Out of respect for Axl? What planet is this woman from? Is she implying that Axl wouldn't want Slash playing onstage with your son?

Finally, as a guest, the least she could have done is stayed out of respect for you and your family.

this

i strongly believe she hate more Slash, than Axl.

• 5 months later...