Who could possibly act as a bridge?

alfa75

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Slash should try to go to Axl's home again (now sober, since the rumour was that he went and was drunk), and he should try to talk with Beta herself. Maybe go up there a few times, talk to Beta those few times to kind of prepare things up and then on another time go there and have dinner with Axl and resolve things.

Obviously the truth lies somewhere in the middle, so i think they're both on the same starting point.

If Axl doesn't do it, then who cares who takes the first step, who cares if Slash needs to be the one to go there. Hey i would do it. I wouldn't give a fuck.

For the sake of their friendship to be healed... i think Slash should go there. I bet things would go fine, just like they went with Duff, Izzy and Steven when he met him in Vegas.

It's 2013, it's been 20 years... that's enough!

Someone needs to take the step. I hope Slash does it again! And forget about reunions...let's focus first on their personal relationship!

I know that both Slash and Axl feel that it's not up to them to make the move, but that is ridiculous from both. It seems though that it's a much bigger deal for Axl then it is for Slash. So i think Slash should be the one considering the circumstances. Axl was seen on some fan videos talking openly about his times with Slash which leds me to think there's kind of an open door there.

I don't even think Slash blames Axl for the break up. I think Slash actually thinks that what caused the break up was Doug Goldstein's influence on Axl...cause that guy only wanted money!

I say Slash goes there a few times, speaks with Beta at the gate, then Slash does the phone call for them to talk and they arrange a dinner. How hard is that? They both want it!

Edited by AndreCC

You're beating a dead horse. Axl blames Slash for just about everything that went wrong and Slash knows how Axl feels so until Axl changes the way he feels nothing will ever happen as far as those two talking again. If Slash didn't have the good career that he has, he would have more of a motive to try and patch things up between them.

Edited by recklessroad

I don't think either of them wants to reunion that badly. They weren't really friends and like marc they're both doing alright. Although axl doesn't really seem to care that much about the whole gnr thing anymore. :shrugs:

Why does axl blame slash for wasting 16 years of his life? They haven't even talked to each other for the whole time. :huh:

Do you think if axl really needed money he would agree to a reunion? if he ever reaches that point.

What a complex thing. Marc, do you have any sort of relationship with Beta, personal or otherwise?

One one hand, it's a crummy move for Axl to not attend your son's celebration. But on the other, he cares enough to send his number one in his place with the excuse that's he's sleeping, which is a lie so obvious to all that's it's not a lie at all, if you know what I mean.... He wanted to go, but Slash was there, so he did what he felt was the next best thing.

Could've asked Slash and your son play along to Catcher!!! Wonder what Beta does then?!

Edited by Time to DIE!!!

I don't think Axl sent Beta. I think Beta made sure that Axl was not there because she knew Slash was going to be there. My guess is that Axl was sleeping and Beta just didn't wake him? I think its just one of those things where Beta is trying to protect Axl from what she might think will end up going wrong. She is probably right. There would have not been a problem with Slash going up to Axl but I can't say the same for Perla. Perla would have been all over that. either way I don't blame Axl for not coming. Even if Slash was not going to be there, it is hard as you already know to nail Axl down to a time. I did it once and pulled it off for my wedding which had a lot riding on it because he was going to play the piano while we were getting married.

Edited by recklessroad

I just think its strange that Axl doesn't want to meet the sober Slash. But then again,Slash isn't going to go up to Axls house cause he pretty much knows that he isn't going to get past the front gate. Beta won't allow it.

Another thing that's strange. when Stephanie left him,story goes,that he sent her gifts and stuff for a year or so. Practically begging her to come back. Yet,we haven't heard of him doing that with Slash lol. Why I find it odd is that according to Axl himself,both Stephanie n Slash bashed his musically integrity.

I've always thought of Axl as one if those pop up storms. Totally unpredictable. And even though we think we understand him,he changes courses and totally throws us off course over n over again.

And I will always believe that one day Axl n Slash will have their talk. Be it good or bad. I just wish that they wouldn't wait until their in the 70s.

I just think its strange that Axl doesn't want to meet the sober Slash. But then again,Slash isn't going to go up to Axls house cause he pretty much knows that he isn't going to get past the front gate. Beta won't allow it.

Another thing that's strange. when Stephanie left him,story goes,that he sent her gifts and stuff for a year or so. Practically begging her to come back. Yet,we haven't heard of him doing that with Slash lol. Why I find it odd is that according to Axl himself,both Stephanie n Slash bashed his musically integrity.

I've always thought of Axl as one if those pop up storms. Totally unpredictable. And even though we think we understand him,he changes courses and totally throws us off course over n over again.

And I will always believe that one day Axl n Slash will have their talk. Be it good or bad. I just wish that they wouldn't wait until their in the 70s.

That was Erin, no? I thought I read about him begging Erin with gifts & caged bird or something...never read anything about begging Steph back into his life with gifts, as they departed ugly with civil suits and all.

That was Erin, no? I thought I read about him begging Erin with gifts & caged bird or something...never read anything about begging Steph back into his life with gifts, as they departed ugly with civil suits and all.

It was Erin, not Steph. She's probably thinking about the interview Beta did where she talks about when Axl and Stephanie were almost breaking up he showed up riding a horse and carrying roses. I'm guessing this means that she had moved out before they officially called it quits? I also read that in the middle of their relationship when she was going to leave him he flew back (missing a show), bought her a car, covered it with roses and put an engagement ring inside. No idea if that's true tho.

I don't think Axl sent Beta. I think Beta made sure that Axl was not there because she knew Slash was going to be there. My guess is that Axl was sleeping and Beta just didn't wake him? I think its just one of those things where Beta is trying to protect Axl from what she might think will end up going wrong. She is probably right. There would have not been a problem with Slash going up to Axl but I can't say the same for Perla. Perla would have been all over that. either way I don't blame Axl for not coming. Even if Slash was not going to be there, it is hard as you already know to nail Axl down to a time. I did it once and pulled it off for my wedding which had a lot riding on it because he was going to play the piano while we were getting married.

I can't figure out the timing. DidAxl and Perla know each other and if so, did they get along?

The drunk meeting was 5.30 in the morning! I am surprised Beta confronted a drunk man banging on the gates at 5.30 in the morning!!

Slash doesn't come across well here. In interviews Slash actually denied the visit took place on two seperate occasions before finally doing an u-turn. Maybe he realised Axl would have captured him on CCTV if he persisted lying. But it does make you think about the stuff he said which Slash still denies, about him hating VR and calling Sorum a 'dick' or something.

"In October of 2005, [...] not appearing to be under the influence, [...] Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house." (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

"I did go by his house but I was drunk - Perla wasn't and she was driving. I walked up the door and delivered a note that said something like 'Let's work this out. Call me. - Slash.' But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant." (Slash, Autobiography)

"I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band." (Beta Lebeis, 05/09/07)

"Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'" (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3760

Do you think Axl would have gone if he wasn't sleeping? What do you think would have happened? Surely he wouldn't have caused a scene at your son's bar mitzvah.

I think he'd probably get really emotional, either start crying or punch slash. In that case maybe it was better he didn't go. The guy is not really good at dealing with his emotions and he had some pretty strong emotions about slash. Slash would probably just act normal.

Why would Perla approach Axl? That's just insane. She doesn't know him so what could she achieve?

Why would Perla approach Axl? That's just insane. She doesn't know him so what could she achieve?

Perla is also a fan so her goal would be reunion and also the money would be good too. There would be no stopping her if she was in the same room with Axl.

That quote from Axl's lawyer at the end there is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Does Axl really believe that Slash has waged some personal war against him for 20 years? The only person that has screwed Axl is Axl himself. Its truly absurd.

"In October of 2005, [...] not appearing to be under the influence, [...] Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house." (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

"I did go by his house but I was drunk - Perla wasn't and she was driving. I walked up the door and delivered a note that said something like 'Let's work this out. Call me. - Slash.' But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant." (Slash, Autobiography)

"I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band." (Beta Lebeis, 05/09/07)

"Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'" (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3760

To answer your question, yes! Did you see the last Axl interview (from Australia) in which Axl blames Slash for forcing Paul Stanley to produce Appetite and also blames Slash (and Niven) for forcing Axl to play the 1991 tour!?

Axl would probably blame Slash for forcing Axl to attend a Black Sheep concert and hirIng Slash!!

To answer your question, yes! Did you see the last Axl interview (from Australia) in which Axl blames Slash for forcing Paul Stanley to produce Appetite and also blames Slash (and Niven) for forcing Axl to play the 1991 tour!?

Axl would probably blame Slash for forcing Axl to attend a Black Sheep concert and hirIng Slash!!

Axl said slash was making fun of paul cause they didn't really want him to produce the album it was just an excuse so steven could meet him. Here's the video :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEfoETzsddI

Slash and niven wanted to tour but axl didn't because he wasn't in a good state of mind. He went through a divorce and was getting a lot of therapy around that time. Both scenarios are entirely possible. And he didn't exactly blame slash for them.