Exclusive: Axl Rose Interview

Un42nutzly

ahhhh.....finally he is more open to talk about his ex-girls/wifes Erin and Steph. and they both had a huge negative influence on him and GN'R!

off course its their fault not his :laugh:

still playing the blaming game on others, oh well....

Axl, many many times, has admitted publicly that he's had trouble being on time for anything his entire life.

How is that not taking the blame?

It seems like he's made a truce with Izzy, Duff, and even Steven (until he started talking shit aain). I think it's only Slash left right?

A truce is when two sides agree to stop attacking.

How do you have a truce when only one side was attacking? All those years Slash lied about Axl and Axl said nothing, how could Axl be responsible for a truce when he wasn't doing anything?

And now that Slash ran out of steam, why is a truce even needed?

He still puts being late down due to a reason. Is that reason carelessness?

Maybe he can't fully explain it and that's why he can't give a reason. He knows he's in the wrong, but he himself won't acknowledge and accept that fact. I beleive he can't acknowledge his own wrongdoing, therefore he perceives he's not to blame.

Carelessness, inability to be organised sufficiently, plenty of reasons (not excuses) as to why he's late. He is apologetic about it and has said sorry. If that's not taking the blame I'm not sure what is. He has admitted there is nothing else holding up the show, the majority of the time.

He has admitted that part of why CD took so long, was he didn't like many of the songs that had been written at that point. "I was given a heap of guitar songs and expected to write lyrics for them."

That is admitting blame, but apparently not enough for some.

Why do I get the feeling that he could release 3 brand new albums tomorrow, all of which were better than Appetite, apologise for everything ever done wrong in the entire world and accept the blame for the whole lot of it and plenty of you "fans" STILL wouldn't be happy?

The statement was from Axl.

I was only responding to MSL who lied about the attacks coming from one side only.

Mister Saint Laurent lied.

"Axl tried to sabotage Velvet Revolver by spewing shit in the press."

Can you provide any examples of Axl "spewing shit in the press" in an effort to sabotage Velvet Revolver?

No. Do your own research, since you like truth and facts so much.

What you said was not the truth, it was not a fact, and you lied. Bahhh.

The statement was from Axl.

I was only responding to MSL who lied about the attacks coming from one side only.

Mister Saint Laurent lied.

"Axl tried to sabotage Velvet Revolver by spewing shit in the press."

Can you provide any examples of Axl "spewing shit in the press" in an effort to sabotage Velvet Revolver?

From that 2006 press release that you have seemingly forgotten about:

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose’s home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

Axl, many many times, has admitted publicly that he's had trouble being on time for anything his entire life.

How is that not taking the blame?

It seems like he's made a truce with Izzy, Duff, and even Steven (until he started talking shit aain). I think it's only Slash left right?

A truce is when two sides agree to stop attacking.

How do you have a truce when only one side was attacking? All those years Slash lied about Axl and Axl said nothing, how could Axl be responsible for a truce when he wasn't doing anything?

And now that Slash ran out of steam, why is a truce even needed?

He still puts being late down due to a reason. Is that reason carelessness?

Maybe he can't fully explain it and that's why he can't give a reason. He knows he's in the wrong, but he himself won't acknowledge and accept that fact. I beleive he can't acknowledge his own wrongdoing, therefore he perceives he's not to blame.

With all due respect, you're really grasping at straws here. How is he blaming *other people* for him being late when the reason he states is that he's always been late for everything his entire life? Who is he blaiming there other than himself?

In my last argument I didn't state that he blamed other people. I stated that he doesn't acknowledge any wrongdoing, therefore he perceives he's not to blame.

Take into fact what Jason Newsted said about him in an interview, Axl walked off stage and didn't return. Backstage he said something like "my voice isn't well", whilst he was smoking and drinking champagne. He can't grasp the fact that drinking and smoking might have had something to do with that, or that he should stop to take care of his voice. He doesn't seem to comprehend that his actions lead to bad situations.

Poor, poor Axl. Bad, bad Slash.

Axl tried to sabotage Velvet Revolver by spewing shit in the press.

I believe Axl when he says Slash came to his house and said some pretty unflattering things about Scott, Duff and Matt. That doesn't seem like something Axl would just make up and I don't think Slash ever denied going to Axl's house.

Axl didn't need to sabotage VR, they did that themselves.

I believe Axl when he says Slash came to his house and said some pretty unflattering things about Scott, Duff and Matt. That doesn't seem like something Axl would just make up and I don't think Slash ever denied going to Axl's house.

Since Slash spoke to Beta and not Axl, I believe that Axl believes Slash said those things...... afterall he's just going off of what Beta told him.

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose’s home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

Has Slash ever denied any of this? Slash has said that he fell off the wagon during the last few years. If Slash was doped-up on Oxys and whiskey, would he even remember? The press release says that Slash was sober, but who knows? Maybe he fooled Beta/Axl in thinking that he was clean.

Edited by RichardNixon

Divorced and unattached, Rose says the Vegas stint could prove risky.

"I've been married in Vegas before," to model Erin Everly in 1990, he says. "This could be my demise."

Okay GNR chicks this is your chance to get Axl drunk in Vegas and tie the knot. How romantic :jerkoff:

Edited by Tabitha27

Has Slash ever denied any of this? Slash has said that he fell off the wagon during the last few years. If Slash was doped-up on Oxys and whiskey, would he even remember? The press release says that Slash was sober, but who knows? Maybe he fooled Beta/Axl in thinking that he was clean.

Yes, he lied at first, denied the whole thing. Later on, we would admitted that he drove to Axl's house, only to find that he wasn't at home. So he made all those statements to Beta.

So "sooner" is the word? :D

:rofl-lol:

Yes, he lied at first, denied the whole thing. Later on, we would admitted that he drove to Axl's house, only to find that he wasn't at home. So he made all those statements to Beta.

Then Axl, in a cheap attempt to break VR, made public what was said by Slash (if he really said that).

..but according to MSL it's not an attack.

Edited by Kapitch_77

I do have some gripes though. He is still putting a lot of the blame on the old lineup.

He blames Duff/Slash for his writer's block.

He says they and Izzy brought him guitar parts and expected him to just write lyrics, and they didn't all work as a unit in studio. But honestly, Axl showed up so late after the band had been dicking around and wasting time in the studio for how long? I recall them saying he'd sometimes show up several hours late at like 3 or 4 in the morning. I'd like for once to hear him say it's his fault also.

Edit: Not to mention he pushed to record in Chicago then didn't show up for weeks.

This!...great to see Axl opening up but a bit of revisionist history on his part I think......

Yes he denied slagging his VR bandmates to Beta....

Then Axl, in a cheap attempt to break VR, made public what was said by Slash (if he really said that).

..but according to MSL it's not an attack.

That's not correct, that quote was used in a lawsuit, went public cos the details where open to public access

except Axl never spoke to Slash so how would he know what Slash supposedly said?

"I've been married in Vegas before," to model Erin Everly in 1990, he says. "This could be my demise."

Okay GNR chicks this is your chance to get Axl drunk in Vegas and tie the knot. How romantic :jerkoff:

Oh, please. It's obvious that he was joking. :rolleyes:

If you don't like Axl, leave. It's that simple.

Oh, please. It's obvious that he was joking. :rolleyes:

If you don't like Axl, leave. It's that simple.

Um, I was joking too or did you not catch that and were fixiated on the :jerkoff: smiley?

Lighten the fuck up dude.