Exclusive: Axl Rose Interview

Un42nutzly

It's great to see an interview with Axl but as usual nothing is his fault! He is 50 years old and acts like he is 12. Until he can face reality he will never be free of the past. It is also good to know that sooner of later there will be new music, probably later though.

In my last argument I didn't state that he blamed other people. I stated that he doesn't acknowledge any wrongdoing, therefore he perceives he's not to blame.

Take into fact what Jason Newsted said about him in an interview, Axl walked off stage and didn't return. Backstage he said something like "my voice isn't well", whilst he was smoking and drinking champagne. He can't grasp the fact that drinking and smoking might have had something to do with that, or that he should stop to take care of his voice. He doesn't seem to comprehend that his actions lead to bad situations.

You're really starting to lose your grip here. You concede he didn't blame other people. The entire discussion is about whether Groghan was wrong when he claimed that Axl blames other people for everything. So right off the bat, you're arguing with me even though you agree with me. Further, even though Axl has taken full responsibility time and time again for the late starts, you somehow come away with the idea that he hasn't taken the blame.

What other blame is there to be taken for being late other than saying you're always late and you don't know why? Is he supposed to commit suicide on live television to show his remorse? What blame is he avoiding by saying, "Hey, I've always been late! My bad!" ?

As for Newsted, Axl walked off stage because he couldn't hear himself. The monitors were fucked and he couldn't hear himself sing. You're trying to extrapolate a lot of information from a throw away line from Newsted that didn't even make sense in the context of the situation. Further, you have no way of knowing if Newsted was telling the truth or if he was simply painting Axl in the worst light possible by taking a quote out of context, or worse, making it up.

You have no way of knowing on what level Axl accepts the consequences of his actions and clearly appear hellbent on assuming the worst. The mental gymnastics you're attempting in an effort to claim Axl hasn't blamed himself for late starts is completely ridiculous.

I'm talking about your statement, your statement was false.

You keep saying that, but have offered absolutely nothing to support your premise. Axl never lied about VR to try to sabotage their career. You've offered nothing to the contrary. You just keep cowardly calling me a liar with no intention of ever backing it up.

He can simply state a REASON why.

And saying that Jason Newsted is lying? Come on now, that's just an assumption on your part. Jason has always been a stand-up guy. You always state "the truth", but when it doesn't come to your convinience such as in Jason's case, you're quick to dismiss it.

MSL, a guy who loves facts and truth, writes on a public forum things that are neither facts or truth. Talk about irony.

strawman bullshit. such weak cowardly tactics. i'm right here motherfucker. no need for vague empty rhetoric. my posts are there for you to respond to. why do you favor ignoring my points and continuing to resort to empty and meaningless mockery?

Why would I respond to a liar?

I'm done with you. Obviously you're not man enough to admit that you were wrong so.. so long.

MSL, a guy who loves facts and truth, writes on a public forum things that are neither facts or truth. Talk about irony.

strawman bullshit. such weak cowardly tactics. i'm right here motherfucker. no need for vague empty rhetoric. my posts are there for you to respond to. why do you favor ignoring my points and continuing to resort to empty and meaningless mockery?

Lighten up man it is just RNR!

ahhhh.....finally he is more open to talk about his ex-girls/wifes Erin and Steph. and they both had a huge negative influence on him and GN'R!

off course its their fault not his :laugh:

still playing the blaming game on others, oh well....

It would seem many of you are confused about the concept of blame. If Axl is asked, "what took so long" and one of the things that took a long time was getting over writer's block he experienced after his divorce, how is he blaming others? He didn't say his ex-wife stopped him from writing or held a gun to his head and said she'd shoot if he wrote lyrics. He simply admitted he couldn't get himself to write lyrics. So he blames himself and you somehow interpret it as him blaming others.

because its a result "of what others did to him", that provenly has mostly been the case in talking his way out.

What's odd msl is that you have an iq of 450 and you act like a moron. This is the last time I respond to you cause I feel like a parrot.

You said that the attacks were one-sided.

It is not the case. Fact.

What's so hard to understand? And your comment about Slash being a cancer is just an honnest observation is just laughable. In that case, everything that Slash ever said is just honest observations too. lol. gtfo.

Axl has a zoo? That's pretty cool actually. :lol:

It's a pretty solid interview. Mention of new music and some pretty honest answers as far as Axl's take on the situation is. It makes me really wish he'd write a book.

Best part of the interview is: "The next album will come out sooner."

There's that damn word again. ;)

Holy shit some people like to talk out of their asses

LOL, this. It make some laugh sometimes. Libertad is what sabotaged VR, heh.

No, actually Scott's drug habit and erratic behavior sabotaged VR according to Duff, Matt and Slash.......that is not to say they would have stayed together in any case as Scott had a different musical vision then the rest of the band...IMHO Contraband was lightening in a bottle just as AFD was ..........

So does everyone acknowledge now that a Guns reunion is possible? In this interview, along with the RNRHOF letter, he clearly says the ball is not in his court for a reunion. If Slash put out a press release saying "I apologize for these 5 things, I hope Axl apologizes for some things too. I'm sorry to Axl and the fans who I've offended, and I want to rejoin GNR", I would say 99% chance there would be an Appetite-GNR reunion within 6 months. That in itself is doing all Axl asked him to do. Say sorry for the lies he told, and make it known publicly that he'd like to rejoin GNR. And how about the other interview where he said "If there was a reunion, it'd probably only be me, Slash, and Duff". The door is clearly open, hopefully Slash is paying attention and realizes how simple this all really is.

So does everyone acknowledge now that a Guns reunion is possible? In this interview, along with the RNRHOF letter, he clearly says the ball is not in his court for a reunion. If Slash put out a press release saying "I apologize for these 5 things, I hope Axl apologizes for some things too. I'm sorry to Axl and the fans who I've offended, and I want to rejoin GNR", I would say 99% chance there would be an Appetite-GNR reunion within 6 months. That in itself is doing all Axl asked him to do. Say sorry for the lies he told, and make it known publicly that he'd like to rejoin GNR. And how about the other interview where he said "If there was a reunion, it'd probably only be me, Slash, and Duff". The door is clearly open, hopefully Slash is paying attention and realizes how simple this all really is.

I think it is more complicated than that...Slash has stated many times that there are issues for him that would have to be worked out with Axl before he would ever consider an reunion, treating the others as equals, going on late, etc...

And as Marc has stated in his forum Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for........... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

he asked you to find an Axl quote attacking Slash, which you couldnt, and you go on forever on how the attacks are not one sided. You ran out of arguments now you're running into circles attacking him like a coward and still avoiding his questions. You old fanboys dont cease to prove me how you're so stupid and retarded. Your next move would be calling him a fat wrestler, but you wont anymore because I said this. But you probably had that in mind because you lost the argument so you had to focus on attacking him to feel better somehow.

I think it is more complicated than that...Slash has stated many times that there are issues for him that would have to be worked out with Axl before he would ever consider an reunion, treating the others as equals, going on late, etc...

And as Marc has stated in his forum Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for........... :shrugs:

And I think we are misconstruing it a bit. Axl is saying he could make peace with these guys if they'd just apologize etc. I still do not believe it would lead to a reunion.

Axl loves the band now and can't just destroy what they have, think of his perspective. You think he is going to leave a bunch of guys who have finally led him into a fun "zone" and get back into the problem in which put him in the dark places? I highly doubt it.

He can simply state a REASON why.

And saying that Jason Newsted is lying? Come on now, that's just an assumption on your part. Jason has always been a stand-up guy. You always state "the truth", but when it doesn't come to your convinience such as in Jason's case, you're quick to dismiss it.

Axl's stated reason for GNR's late starts is that he's never been good at being on time and has been late for things his whole life. That is him taking the blame. For some reason, to you, that isn't him taking the blame. You admit it's not him blaming other people (even though Groghan claimed he blames others for *everything*), yet, doesn't qualify to you as taking the blame since he doesn't explain the "reason why" he's always been late.

Maybe he doesn't fucking know. Or maybe he knows and it's none of your fucking business. In either case, he's still blaming himself. But he isn't satisfying your curiosity, so you perform these strange mental gymnastics to somehow continue to believe it isn't an instance of him taking the blame. Very strange behavior.

Me assuming Jason could be lying is no different than you assuming he could be telling the truth. Neither one of us was backstage during the supposed conversation between Jason and Axl. However, we do know that Jason's story doesn't make sense considering Axl's reason for leaving was equipment failure, not vocal failure. Jason was clearly taking a cheap shot at Axl and his story doesn't make sense. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but even if it did happen, smoking & drinking would have nothing to do with the equipment issues that made it impossible for Axl to properly perform.

I'd like to know more though about your personal experiences with Jason Newsted of Metallica. You say he's always been a standup guy, so I assume the two of you have been close personal friends for many years? Can you offer any more insight?

Once again I'm stating he won't give a reason for the blame. That would be admitting to himself why he is to blame, and that is something he will not do.

Funny how you're talking about mental gymnastics but you're speaking for Axl himself even though you've only read what's on paper, you're adequate in your arguments, but still basing everything on one side of the story. You're basically like a lawyer protecting his client. Nothing wrong with that at all, but there's another client that has his side of the story.

And no, Jason Newsted isn't a personal friend of mine, but neither is Axl yours and you weren't there either. So basically both our arguments are as biased as the other.

Edited by The Black

People can try to spin it however they want. The bottom line is that Libertad did not sell, the tour struggled and everyone wanted to abandon ship. They were all miserable because the project had been a collosal failure. The label was dropping VR regardless of erratic behavior. If Libertad and the associated tour had been a financial success, I don't think Scott would have wanted out and I don't think the others would have wanted him out. When a band's formation is motivated by finance, don't expect the band to stick together when the money runs dry.

I guess Duff, Matt and Slash were all lying then on what happened in the end............and it was not a matter of Scott wanting out he was fired mate for erratic beahavior, showing up late, isolating himself from the rest of the band, acting like a diva, etc.........sounds familiar yes?

But you keep on stating your opinions as facts as there are some on the forum who will start believing you if you repeat yourself enough times.....

And I think we are misconstruing it a bit. Axl is saying he could make peace with these guys if they'd just apologize etc. I still do not believe it would lead to a reunion.

Axl loves the band now and can't just destroy what they have, think of his perspective. You think he is going to leave a bunch of guys who have finally led him into a fun "zone" and get back into the problem in which put him in the dark places? I highly doubt it.

And my point is an apology from Slash isn't likley to happen as he doesn't believe there is a reason for one..

And I agree with you in that why would Axl want a reunion? he makes decent money as a nostalgia act and he is master of his domain...it is good to be King..........

he asked you to find an Axl quote attacking Slash, which you couldnt, and you go on forever on how the attacks are not one sided. You ran out of arguments now you're running into circles attacking him like a coward and still avoiding his questions. You old fanboys dont cease to prove me how you're so stupid and retarded. Your next move would be calling him a fat wrestler, but you wont anymore because I said this. But you probably had that in mind because you lost the argument so you had to focus on attacking him to feel better somehow.

You're as dumb as msl.

What is an attack?

What Slash ever do that is considered as an attack? To me Axl's rant about his old bandmates at a show in 2002 is an attack, his statement about Slash visiting his house is an attack, the statement that Slash is a cancer is attack. For you these are not attacks? I ask again, what Slash ever do that is considered as an attack? Because I could just say that it's not.

Ah fuck it I'm talking a wall.