Do you think they'll bother writing/recording together in Vegas?

Towelie

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think DJ's written about 7 albums worth of material, hoping that uncle axl will someday consider some of it....The other guys have probably all pitched in a little too....but as far as the MAN doing any writing....who the hell knows? He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma...What IS Axl Rose, anyway??? :nervous::question:

I think writing a GnR record for the guys in the band that are not Axl is nearly impossible. How does one create someone else's vision?

The same way that many of the CD songs came to be: Band members bringing in songs which are then tweaked by Axl and other band members until they fit with whatever Axl is going for. Case in point: Better and Shackler's.

I believe the guys are always working on stuff, either to be used in GN'R or in some other projects, and often help each other out by working on melodies, riffs, song structures etc. I also believe Axl is involved in this occasionally. So yes, I do believe they are working on new material, and I do believe that some time during the residency, ALL members, including Axl, will get together to discuss/work on the next record.

I picture the scene from Rock Star when Mark Wahlberg's character becomes a new member of Steel Dragon. DJ approaches Axl after a gig with new material that he had written only to find out that there is no chance of the band ever using his songs.