Why does Led Zeppelin get compared to Black Sabbath?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Purple are better than both bands.

Purple had good moments, but they put out more bad than good. Partly due to the constant lineup changes, not finding their identity right off the bat, meandering around in areas they shouldn't have tried, and members just plain not getting along. In Rock, Machine Head and Made In Japan are great, but everything else is very hit and miss. There's still some great moments in the other albums, but a lot of crap too. Edited by moreblack

I think Sabbath's limitations as musicians and writers grew to suffocating levels by the time they finished Vol. 4, from that point on it's pretty much freefall.

sabotage? sabbath bloody sabbath? those are 2 great albums i agree with technical ectasy and never say die those albums were horrible but i think that was more to do with drugs and alcohol problems. the quality picked back up with heaven and hell, mob rules IMO

sabbath blows away zeppelin and im a big zeppelin fan.

No love Sabbath but zepp was ten times better then Sabbath ever was and ever will be

Deep Purple are better than both bands.

Once again no Deep Purple MK II was close to zepp but not better

Edited by Son of a Guns

dunno, but this is killer

technical ectasy and never say die those albums were horrible

i relistened TE 2 weeks ago and i surprised: i like the album.... in the past i don't really like

and NSD is good too

Led Zep side: Presence wasn't a good album, only Achilles Last Stand is good and ITTOD is horrible, imo

(ps: I fuckin' love Led Zeppelin, but Sabbath is my favorite)

was way more talented than their counterparts in Sabbath.

Plant-Ozzy: 1-0

Page-Iommi: 0-1

Jones-Geezer: 1-0

Bonham-Ward: Bonham (even Ward said this, when they jammed together once in 1975)

Despite this: Sabbath is my fav.

Edited by Crash Diet

dunno, but this is killer

technical ectasy and never say die those albums were horrible

i relistened TE 2 weeks ago and i surprised: i like the album.... in the past i don't really like

and NSD is good too

Led Zep side: Presence wasn't a good album, only Achilles Last Stand is good and ITTOD is horrible, imo

(ps: I fuckin' love Led Zeppelin, but Sabbath is my favorite)

was way more talented than their counterparts in Sabbath.

Plant-Ozzy: 1-0

Page-Iommi: 0-1

Jones-Geezer: 1-0

Bonham-Ward: Bonham (even Ward said this, when they jammed together once in 1975)

Despite this: Sabbath is my fav.

Presence contans one of their best songs Tea For One pure Blues Rock bliss Nobody`s Faul But Mine another excellent song they had very different styles Zepp played Bluesy Hard Rock they dabbed in Heavy Metal but mostly they were a Hard Rock band while Sabbath played pure Heavy Metal heavier and darker sound with tuned down guitars P.S. Page > Iommi

Both are among the best bands you'll ever hear.

+1

Edited by Son of a Guns

I agree about Presence, it gets a bad rap, but anything following Physical Graffitti would suffer accordingly. However, once you listen with fresh ears, there's some gold in there. Even obscure tracks like Hots On For Nowhere and For Your Life have gotten some love in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2g-rz6s3Xw

As for Iommi and Page, Bron Yr Aur>Fluff

Edited by moreblack