Who is your FAVOURITE GUITARIST of the CURRENT LINEUP?

sascha

Favourite Guitarist?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pick your favourite axman of the current lineup and feel free to elaborate why he's your favourite.

To make it a little more intresting try and be either totally objective or totally subjective and avoid comparism to Slash, Buckethead or any other guitarist because that's not what this poll is about and those discussions usually go nowhere anyway.

Have fun!

Richard! Although I also like the other two, but not only is Richard way to underused (is that even a word) in GNR and deserves more attention, but he also performed with X Japan, so that's another plus. ;) When Buckethead left (or later on Robin) I was hoping a little bit that Richard would take over more guitardutys and they would just continue with him and the other guitarplayer at that time.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

4tus. favorite from any lineup, not just current.

I suppose it is for all the good solos and riffs he has written for GNR?

lol, some of you are ludicrous.

I went with Richard. He is a cool guy, he is technically very gifted and can play anything, and he just does it with style.

Bumblefoot is a beast on guitar but I have yet to be impressed with his composing skills, he has a tendency to drown a solo in notes and I don't like his stage presence.

Dj is a bit too sloppy, more limited when it comes to skill and just looks a bit like a caricature of a modern rocker.

They are all good, and I am ready to change my opinion as soon as I hear their contributions on the next record, that matters more to me than their live abilities.

Fortus, hands down. A lot of people say DJ is the guy you notice the most other than Axl, but I always thought Richard had/has the best stage presence of any of the guitar players. He's so under-used that it's a shame; he's bluesy, has the old school vibe, can handle any of the old solos (I always liked his RQ and NR, dunno why he seemed to get a little bashed for them on the forums), and I'd love to hear an album where he is shining on all tracks.

:lol: yes, Tommy Stinson, but his main instrument is bass, so you're spot on.

Thought so.

:lol:

If you voted Dj Ashba when Ron and Richard are on that poll, you are one stupid motherfucker.

But Dj is my favorite GnR member. Ever.

Bazinga.jpg

Edited by Bruno Poeys