The Official "Axl's Attire" Thread

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His 2006 look minus the braids was his best. Jeans, shirt, leather jacket, sunglasses. Simple but effective.

I never really liked the t-shirts he wore. Kind of cheesy looking imo.

The braids (2006 not 2002) were cool looking back now. He looked much younger also with that look.

Even though I didn't like the braids he was in a lot better shape and the goatee was miles better than that daft moustache.

If he went back to that same weight even now it would work wonders for his look, energy and most likely also his voice.

His 2006 look minus the braids was his best. Jeans, shirt, leather jacket, sunglasses. Simple but effective.

I never really liked the t-shirts he wore. Kind of cheesy looking imo.

The braids (2006 not 2002) were cool looking back now. He looked much younger also with that look.In 2006 Axl was in top form. You looked at '93 Axl and then at 2006 Axl and knew that was how it was supposed to be. He would have gotten MUCH better reception without the braids, though. If he kept the 2006 look with long hair and no braids, man... I want to ser people criticize that. Whatever he did between 2002 and 2006 needs to be done again. He SUCKED in 2002. Listen to some of the concerts from that era... Listen to Osaka '02. He sounded worse than in this last Australian leg, which was pretty bad. Then listen to Hammersmith, Rock Am Ring, Tokyo '07. That was Axl running around an singing like the old days. He sounded better in 2006 than 2010, IMO. Whatever he did needs to be done again. He just needs to quit being so damn lazy and indisciplined and needs to fire up that old hate-fueled fire that made him want to be huge again.

Thanks! Will go look for the 30. Trashcan shirt.

Found an entire mug-shot tshirt shop, they offered Capone,Hendrix,Morrison,j.Cash,w.Nelson,Elvis,s.vicious.

Got both the Morrison shirts, the newhaven shirt,and the Miami key theatre shirt.

Hey sailaway, can you post the link where you purchased these from...thanksWill do, gonna scope it out from my shipping slips and will edit:post it here

Do you want the Charlie/killyouridols shirts or simply the mug shirt shop's addy ?

:thumbsup:

Merged the "Axls Shirts" thread with this one.

Somehow thought that might happen, it's All good! :thumbsup: Edited by sailaway

• 2 weeks later...

The holes in my jeans are getting pretty big, but I really like the pair I have so was wanting to get a patch in the hole like Axl has to avoid having to throw out the pair. However, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. A ton of places do normal patches, but not ones for holes. Anybody know of any place where I can get a cool union jack patch or skull patch for a hole in the knee of jeans?

2rdaw0n.jpg

There is nothing sexier than Axl in this black leather shirt. The leather is so soft and supple. I want one and I'd tailor it in at the waist to give it a feminine fit. Looks hot with jeans and boots.

Those sunglasses look oh-so sexy on him too. :drool:

• 1 month later...

Suddenly realised who he bases his look on. Well, i've thought this for a little while now (similar facial hair, clothes/style, hats, hair) but i saw this picture just now and i thought it was Axl (from a year or two back if i remember correctly)

BFureChCcAEhE86.jpg

Edited by OJones90

How can anyone like the braids? They made him look like a joke. When he started wearing the braids is when "Axl is bald/has hair plugs" rumors started. When he had the braids, almost everyone on this forum wished he got rid of him. Now he's gotten rid of them and people pine for the braids.

• Like 2

I was checking out Eleon's Instagram profile and noticed that one of their followers is Beta's daughter (can't remember the name) so I checked out who else she was following and a hat shop in Los Angeles called Gunner Foxx turned up. He makes a lot of custom high quality hats so thats most likely where Axl gets his from.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/C1116-UNISEX-RING-BEANIE-CROCHET-KNIT-HAT-RASTA-CAP-MEN-WOMEN-SKI-SKULL-/180759382205

Just bought myself an Axl style beanie as my old one was getting tatty. I seriously love this hat, it covers a multitude of bad hair days (Axl clearly agrees). I bought the grey this time rather than black. I rather like the natural coloured one too.

Thought I would link for anyone who also likes this but doesn't have a 'swag' style budget.

• Like 1

http://m.ebay.com/itm/C1116-UNISEX-RING-BEANIE-CROCHET-KNIT-HAT-RASTA-CAP-MEN-WOMEN-SKI-SKULL-/180759382205

Just bought myself an Axl style beanie as my old one was getting tatty. I seriously love this hat, it covers a multitude of bad hair days (Axl clearly agrees). I bought the grey this time rather than black. I rather like the natural coloured one too.

Thought I would link for anyone who also likes this but doesn't have a 'swag' style budget.

Wasnt he wearing the one from the ashba swag website?