The Official "Axl's Attire" Thread

11 hours ago, Mark76 said:

Does anyone know the shirt Axl wears when being interviewed with Angus for the AC/DC gig. It is black with two ghost like looking faces on the front. I have searched all the usual designers but am unable to come up with a replica. 

Here: http://domrebel.com/m/products/en/billions-t-shirt/

most of the shirts Axl wore between April and June 2016 are available on that page.

Edited by PelozoF
  • Like 1

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shirt came and it was a Large according to the description and I'm normally a Large or an XL depending on the tee. I bought it anyway but this shirt fits more like a Small! The shirt is absolutely awesome but just doesn't fit! Wish that there was an XL up for auction id try to win that at all costs!

That's great thank you. It arrived a few days ago in the post and I am glad I ordered the xxl as this fits like an xl so worth getting the next size up.

Any ideas for the Jim Morrison 'Busted By The Man' shirt?

Edited by Mark76

On 2/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, MattleyCrue said:

My shirt came and it was a Large according to the description and I'm normally a Large or an XL depending on the tee. I bought it anyway but this shirt fits more like a Small! The shirt is absolutely awesome but just doesn't fit! Wish that there was an XL up for auction id try to win that at all costs!

Same happened with another friend of mine. Mine was listed as an XL but it has to be an XXL - it's 25" wide :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeez said:

What's the deal with Axl always wearing a glove on his left hand? I know he's been using it for a couple years now, but I'm not sure how long.

He wore a glove(s) occasionally in the late early days, but he didn't really start wearing the singular gloves on his left hand until 09/10. I think it's more of a fashion thing than having an actual purpose.

111081313.jpg

Axl_rose_2010_concert.jpg

tumblr_o37x3h34UF1uw2kreo4_1280.jpg

2E6A352800000578-0-image-m-261_1447430621045.jpg

8 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Maybe it's to help him grip the mic, I've seen him nearly drop it 2 or 3 times this year :lol:

He dropped it when I saw them (him) in 2010, cause he kept throwing it back and forth behind his back :lol:

17 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

He wore a glove(s) occasionally in the late early days, but he didn't really start wearing the singular gloves on his left hand until 09/10. I think it's more of a fashion thing than having an actual purpose.

I think you're right. But I've also noticed he often has some kind of tape, plaster or bandage on several of his fingers (you can actually see it on your first picture). Is it to prevent his rings from falling off or something? :P

Edited by Jeez

1 hour ago, Jeez said:

He dropped it when I saw them (him) in 2010, cause he kept throwing it back and forth behind his back :lol:

I think you're right. But I've also noticed he often has some kind of tape, plaster or bandage on several of his fingers (you can actually see it on your first picture). Is it to prevent his rings from falling off or something? :P

Yeah, those are just to prevent his rings from falling off. He has some around his wrists to help his bracelets also.

I think that the Jim Morrison tee is definitely a vintage tee. Like the Elvis Harley one and the Cher shirt. He must be getting them from a vintage store. Perhaps Kelly Cole? Some of his other shirts are Kelly Cole designs and there's a huge vintage store also on the website. 

22 hours ago, MattleyCrue said:

Anyone have any idea what the snakes all over shirt Axl wears towards the end of each show is?  I've done every single possible Google search, looked at every image and I can't seem to find any info!  I need that design!

I could be wrong but I thought someone found it in this thread awhile back.

The Jim Morrison shirt is vintage, so he could have gotten it anywhere. A friend of mine found an XL on ebay shortly after Axl started wearing it and I found a medium, but that's all I've seen of it.

Also in case anyone is wondering, the pill bottle shirt says "WHY DOES THE USA WITH 4% OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION CONSUME 80% OF THE WORLD'S PRESCRIPTION MEDS?"

• Like 1