Axl Pissed?

KeyserSoze

So i might be a little late here, and mods feel free to move this to the apporprite section if neccesary, but why does Axl stop singing during Civil War in Chile in 1992? like at one point he just sits on the steps leading up to the drums and looks out over the crowd and seems pissed. Anyone know why that is? I know they were throwing bottles earlier, but i assume he would have stoped the show for that, or even left for that matter. And it wasnt like the Chicago show where he talked about all the old people who were standing there just watching him.

this is the video.

By the way, i saw GNR yesterday! by far the greatest concert of my life! Front Row too!

Not fighting, some Chilean fans were spitting the band and Axl got pissed. He stopped because he asked them to stop, he continued the song, he went to the ego ramp and they kept spitting him.

Oh, I forgot, that's gotta be the best Civil War improvisation from Slash. I love this performance (including the rant).

So i might be a little late here, and mods feel free to move this to the apporprite section if neccesary, but why does Axl stop singing during Civil War in Chile in 1992? like at one point he just sits on the steps leading up to the drums and looks out over the crowd and seems pissed. Anyone know why that is? I know they were throwing bottles earlier, but i assume he would have stoped the show for that, or even left for that matter. And it wasnt like the Chicago show where he talked about all the old people who were standing there just watching him.

this is the video.

By the way, i saw GNR yesterday! by far the greatest concert of my life! Front Row too!

If you see as he sings "when they shot Kennedy" you can see a white object fly towards his t-shirt - you might need to stop start it & you can see it. Someone spat on him. It's at 2.18 towards the lower half of his body - disgusting.

Apparently they are chanting "son of a bitch" at him after he walks off. I love when he speaks in their language telling them to be quiet they all just scream more - that worked well.

Edited by rock4eva

Not fighting, some Chilean fans were spitting the band and Axl got pissed. He stopped because he asked them to stop, he continued the song, he went to the ego ramp and they kept spitting him.

Oh, I forgot, that's gotta be the best Civil War improvisation from Slash. I love this performance (including the rant).

I love the term 'ego ramp'. :)

Has anyone else in the band ever stopped the show besides Axl?

I remember a video on YouTube of Duff stopping a show in Europe somewhere during the UYI tour when someone threw a bottle near him. He was in a really bad mood. Axl made a reference to him not having had a drink in a couple of weeks, so he shouldn't be messed with. It was quite valid but amusing at the same time.

The thing is, this was one the shows for the South American leg of the UYI Tour, and I remember that in almost every single show the band had some major problems:

In Brazil they had 3 shows: 2 in São Paulo were cut short, in Rio de Janeiro there was a couple fighting in the front row, which cause Axl to stop the show. And also some helicopters flying low above the arena. In São Paulo, also, Axl throws a chair on some reporters through the hotel's balcony (if you google it you can find the picture).

In Venezuela, the minute the band arrived in the hotel, Axl got into a fight with a camera man (there's a video on Youtube).

In Colombia I guess, they were searched by the local police in the hotel, and were almost held in the country (Colombia was facing a harsh military takeover at the time)

And I remeber that in Argentina Axl got into a fight with the local press.

It was a mess! But well, it was GNR!

Sick fucks who spits at a band? Also didn't Duff get hit with a bottle of piss at some point?

What kind of people do something like that?

They must've gone on very late and the crowd must've gotten really pissed. Still, doesn't justify spiting or throwing shit.

Sick fucks who spits at a band? Also didn't Duff get hit with a bottle of piss at some point?

What kind of people do something like that?

They must've gone on very late and the crowd must've gotten really pissed. Still, doesn't justify spiting or throwing shit.

Agreed! I don't get it! Why spend your money to throw stuff or spit at the band?