Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

So far Iron Maiden and Duff's new band Walking papers.

What Maiden gig?

Amsterdam in june.

Ah, thats a shame - Amsterdam is the last gig before I get to Europe! I'm starting with the Bratislava show 2 days later.

You'll enjoy it, it's a pretty amazing show this tour :)

Thanks!

I hope it will be amazing, but I will have fun anyway. maiden fans are also enjoyable to watch, strange breed ;)

Which shows are you going to, besides Bratislava?

What Maiden gig?

Amsterdam in june.

Ah, thats a shame - Amsterdam is the last gig before I get to Europe! I'm starting with the Bratislava show 2 days later.

QFT. I almost passed out after the first song from singing so loudly. Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Great show.

What Maiden gig?

Amsterdam in june.

Thanks!

I hope it will be amazing, but I will have fun anyway. maiden fans are also enjoyable to watch, strange breed ;)

Which shows are you going to, besides Bratislava?

Well I'm doing 3 weeks in Europe this year since my plans to student teach in Australia fell through. I'm going to gigs in Bratislava, Singen-Aach, Dessel (Graspop, really excited to see King Diamond here too!), Lodz, Gdansk, Oberhausen, Malmo, Stockholm, St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Helsinki.Helsinki will be my 41st Maiden gig! :shades:

I promise the Amsterdam gig will be especially fun - that's this year's Iron Maiden Fan Club trip, where fans can sign up for flights, accommodations, FC-only parties, etc. through the FC at greatly reduced costs. That means there'll be lots of fans from all over the world (Even more so than at any normal Maiden gig!), and the band will really be firing on all cylinders ;)

What Maiden gig?

Amsterdam in june.

QFT. I almost passed out after the first song from singing so loudly. Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Great show.

Which gig were you at, Toronto or Sarnia?

Well I'm doing 3 weeks in Europe this year since my plans to student teach in Australia fell through. I'm going to gigs in Bratislava, Singen-Aach, Dessel (Graspop, really excited to see King Diamond here too!), Lodz, Gdansk, Oberhausen, Malmo, Stockholm, St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Helsinki.Helsinki will be my 41st Maiden gig! :shades:

I promise the Amsterdam gig will be especially fun - that's this year's Iron Maiden Fan Club trip, where fans can sign up for flights, accommodations, FC-only parties, etc. through the FC at greatly reduced costs. That means there'll be lots of fans from all over the world (Even more so than at any normal Maiden gig!), and the band will really be firing on all cylinders ;)

Oh, that's cool! That's why it was sold out rather fast. I have shitty seats, but don't mind. Will have fun anyway.

Maiden has a very active FC, is Maiden very acctive with that as well? Maiden fans really are a strange breed, like soccerfans, following their team all over the world. I think that's really awesome, not many bands have those loyal followers.

Oh, that's cool! That's why it was sold out rather fast. I have shitty seats, but don't mind. Will have fun anyway.

Maiden has a very active FC, is Maiden very acctive with that as well? Maiden fans really are a strange breed, like soccerfans, following their team all over the world. I think that's really awesome, not many bands have those loyal followers.

What do you mean? Not quite sure what you're asking :P

But yes, Maiden fans really are unique. No other band gets the sort of fans they do, that spend thousands of dollars or pounds or Euros or whatever to see them every year all over the world. Being part of that is something really special - it's nice to know wherever you're going to see them you'll see plenty of familiar faces and close friends :)

Yeah, but is the band also actively involved in the fanclub? Do they arrange things for them as well?

That's actually my question.

What, like meet & greet type stuff? Not really, the band are really anti-paying for M&G, VIP, etc. They used to do FC conventions every year and some of the band members would show up to that, but that's about it. On the FC trip to Florida in 2011 Nicko showed up to the FC party, but that's also because it was at his restaurant :tongue2: That was a really cool one though - he did a mini set of Maiden tunes with a few of his friends and they did some rare stuff; Flight Of Icarus, Wasted Years, etc. Nicko stuck around the whole night talking with FC members, signing stuff, etc, and Rod Smallwood (Their manager) was there also...both of them are very nice, talkative, and really care about their fans.

A lot of the FC members that do the whole "around the world" thing do get backstage passes at some point though, from getting to know the crew, and they know how dedicated we all are and whatnot. I haven't yet, but maybe this year will be lucky ;)

Possibly planning to see Gn'R at the Governor's Ball in June with GNRSkidRow1 :awesomeface:

And me :max:

And you :awesomeface:

But we're thinking about going whether or not single-day tickets are released, so that's why I didn't mention you :tongue2:

Granted, if I were in your position I wouldn't want to pay the $240 for one show before going to Europe either lol

Possibly planning to see Gn'R at the Governor's Ball in June with GNRSkidRow1 :awesomeface:

But we're thinking about going whether or not single-day tickets are released, so that's why I didn't mention you :tongue2:

Granted, if I were in your position I wouldn't want to pay the $240 for one show before going to Europe either lol

to be honest though, I'd plan on them releasing day tickets.

Decide on Rush in Hershey yet?

Yeah, I'm really hoping they do. You going if they do?

And think I'll have to pass on Rush. With the 4 Soundgarden shows, How To Destroy Angels, anticipating the Gn'R show, and other expensives, I need to relax a bit.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they do. You going if they do?

And think I'll have to pass on Rush. With the 4 Soundgarden shows, How To Destroy Angels, anticipating the Gn'R show, and other expensives, I need to relax a bit.

Absolutely, day tickets won't be a problem. We all gotta carpool if everything works out, apparently parking for this is $70 per car, but split between a few people wouldn't be bad ;)

Fuck! The Black Crowes are coming here but I'll be out of the country when they do. <_<

Same here.

I actually have tickets for 29 and 30 march but something has come up and I have to leave the UK. They're doing a Hard Rock Calling this summer though, so I hope I can catch them there instead.

Speaking of which: does anybody want to buy London Black Crowes tickets?

Sigur Ros, Frightened Rabbit a couple of times, Richard Hawley, Meursault, Pure Love and Wintersleep so far.

Got tickets for The Black Crowes, Johnny Marr, Springsteen, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Stone Roses + Primal Scream and Meursault. Set my savings back a lot but a lot of my favourite bands are in there.

Modest Mouse, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Frightened Rabbit, Villagers, Joy Orbison, Foals etc. at T in the park.. might catch The Killers there too, used to like a few songs.

Finally seeing In Flames next week after listening to them for almost five years, so I'm REALLY excited.

I saw them Feb 18, they were awesome as always! You'll have a blast!

And I finally got to see them do My Sweet Shadow :D

Just picked up my Crue tickets, after fees and tax and shit it was $35.08 a ticket

You were absolutely right, man. They absolutely killed it. I'm dead tired right now from jumping around and screaming all night!