I didn't know Lenny in high school and I hung out with Slash everyday. So The only thing that I can think of is that they may have run into each other in the hall way of something and then years latter when they both made it they realized that they went to the same school together for a bit.

Thanks Marc! Sounds like that was quite the high school back then, I understand that Maria McKee and Nicolas Cage were also classmates.

Nicolas Cage was 2 grades ahead and we didn't know him. I did know him from Canter's because he would eat there every week a few years latter

But did you know members of RHCP (I think most of them including Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons went there, but not Chad Smith) and Janes Addiction (except Perry), and I think they were all playing in the clubs while still in school.Was there rivalry the same way there was with Tracii & Slash? Battle of the bands must've been interesting.

Also saw Demi Moore's name mentioned before, in who went there.

Quick google search-

“When Kravitz was 11, the family moved west to Los Angeles …it was his musical talent that enabled him to enroll at the Beverly Hills High School, immortalized in the teen soap Beverly Hills 90210…at my school I used to bump into Slash in the hallways, David Schwimmer was in the year after me and Nicolas Cage and I did a play together.”

And another “I knew Slash in high school, but not very well. Just knew him as this kid that used to hang out in the hallway. Pretty much looked then the way he does now.”