The Linguini Occurrence

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

But it ain't Nirvana reuniting, is it? It's Dave and Krist playing together, there's a HUGE difference, they are not restarting the band Nirvana with Paul McCartney as the lead singer, they're just doing something for charity.

Guest Len B'stard

But it ain't Nirvana reuniting, is it? It's Dave and Krist playing together, there's a HUGE difference, they are not restarting the band Nirvana with Paul McCartney as the lead singer, they're just doing something for charity.

Any time people get back together, it's a reunion even if it's just for one night. Ever been to a high school reunion? One night, that's it.

I'm not a big Nirvana fan, but I enjoyed it.

Right but it's not the band Nirvana, it's Krist Novoselic and Grohl playing together. It's sort of like saying everytime Paul and Ringo meet up or play on something together it's a Beatles reunion...but it's not, is it? The band isn't being reformed in either instances. I'm not saying this as a dig at you for making the topic, more to Nirvana fans getting pissy about it as KDH was mentioning.

Any time people get back together, it's a reunion even if it's just for one night. Ever been to a high school reunion? One night, that's it.

I'm not a big Nirvana fan, but I enjoyed it.

Right but it's not the band Nirvana, it's Krist Novoselic and Grohl playing together. It's sort of like saying everytime Paul and Ringo meet up or play on something together it's a Beatles reunion...but it's not, is it? The band isn't being reformed in either instances. I'm not saying this as a dig at you for making the topic, more to Nirvana fans getting pissy about it as KDH was mentioning.

I understand your position, no offense taken. I think what you're saying is the entire band would have to be there for it to be reunion, but that's not the actual definition of a reunion. The actual definition is a "gathering of members of a certain group that haven't seen each other in a while". The definition doesn't indicate the entire original group must be there. If the entire original group was required, then there would virtually never be any class reunions because there's always people who have died, can't attend or don't want to attend.

A class reunion and a band reunion or not neccisarily the same thing, simply because a class and a band are not the same thing.

The thread title should be 'Surviving Nirvana members reunite to play with Paul McCartny'.

Nirvana, the band, can not be reunited because 33.33% of it is missing.