A bit OT: At 1212 Benefit Show kanye wearing blk leather kilt and jersey like 92 Axl'

Cockaroachsoup2011

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked rap when it was actually about something. Now, its basically disco. Dance music remixed with a bunch of 80's sounding effects, and some guy talking about cars, money, clothes, girls, etc... It's basically at the point in the genre where Poison, Winger, and Warrant were in high rotation if you want to compare it to the rock genre. Unfortunately, hip hop/rap has been stuck there the past 15 years, and we have nothing new to replace it with.

I agree. It's like 80's cock rock now. The golden era of rap ended with the deaths of Pac and Biggie.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Yeah, I'm out of touch. My my, you masturbate Kanye's ego more than the man himself does.

lol

rap sux right guys?

aerosmith for life!

You're right. Rap does suck.

'Yo, yo, oh no, here I go,

lemme go shoot sum bitch' and fuck some hos'

Just summed up pretty much every rap album ever made.

cupcake harder brah.

Spot on Bacardi, with everything you've said.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a phenomenal record, and Kanye is indeed a splendid performer and artist.

Of course, Miser is a colossal racist, and gunsguy has never had good taste or a string attached in reality, so I wouldn't try to convince them any further.

I liked rap when it was actually about something. Now, its basically disco. Dance music remixed with a bunch of 80's sounding effects, and some guy talking about cars, money, clothes, girls, etc... It's basically at the point in the genre where Poison, Winger, and Warrant were in high rotation if you want to compare it to the rock genre. Unfortunately, hip hop/rap has been stuck there the past 15 years, and we have nothing new to replace it with.

I agree. It's like 80's cock rock now. The golden era of rap ended with the deaths of Pac and Biggie.

+1.

i bash on rap, but Pac and Biggie were real artists.