Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

Vincent Vega

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apples and oranges idiots Miser and Arnold cocklayne should have been banned long time ago

If you know all the answers, then why aren't you a moderator you stupid illiterate bastard?

Riddle me that bitch.

Hey you little cocksucker don`t you have anything better to do in your patheitc existance rather then stalk forums and spam bullshit fuckwit you need few smacks over the head you little annoying, illiterate, whining and spoiled waste of oxygen I think either your mommy did n`t give you enough attention or daddy touched you too much which one is true ?

Child abuse isn't a laughing matter. I hope you're ashamed of yourself you sick fuck.

:bitchfight:

Edited by username

It should be a draw, because the differences between the two balance each other out.

I'll name a few:

Stage show - Pink Floyd have very little footage in their prime, Led Zep have a pretty good representation of their live shows. It's hard to tell from grainy 8mm what Pink Floyd's shows were like. You had to be there for it. But they put a lot of work into the stage shows so everyone in the venue would have a good experience. If someone was in the nosebleeds for Led Zeppelin, it wasn't going to be as enjoyable.

Pink Floyd for the most part sounded like the albums. That could be good or bad.

Led Zep looked like rock stars, Pink Floyd looked like the audience, which was prob. to Pink Floyd's advantage, and could go out without being harassed.

Musicianship - Led Zep, not even up for debate.

Catalog - Led Zep, because Pink Floyd had their experimental stuff and soundtracks. Page's experimentations were either done in The Yardbirds or before he brought his works in progress to the band. Pink Floyd didn't hit their stride until Meddle. LZ has a more polished up discography,they had very little in outtakes, because most of them wound up on Physical Graffiti and Coda.

Individual albums - Dark Side of the Moon alone outsold any of Led Zeppelin's albums. I think over time, Pink Floyd's imagery and status has grown, and Led Zep's has kind of stayed in the same place, and I think Pink Floyd's songs connect more than Led Zeppelin's do. I think Plant didn't start having the personal connection with the audience until the 90s and started playing smaller venues, Plant/Page was cool because they did the Led Zep songs again for a new generation, but it wasn't all that much of a nostalgia tour, because it was consistent with what Plant was doing in the 90s anyway.

The guys in Pink Floyd were singing about growing old and life sucks, let's make the most out of it, and people connect with that more than songs about Hobbits and Vikings. Plant wrote some good lyrics on "Carouselambra" and a few others, but no one really goes "wow, Robert Plant was a phenomenal lyricist" either. Sometimes it comes across as words to fit the song.

Pink Floyd's legacy has only grown bigger in time, and will continue to. Led Zeppelin have already cemented their legacy.

It should be a draw, because the differences between the two balance each other out.

I'll name a few:

Stage show - Pink Floyd have very little footage in their prime, Led Zep have a pretty good representation of their live shows. It's hard to tell from grainy 8mm what Pink Floyd's shows were like. You had to be there for it. But they put a lot of work into the stage shows so everyone in the venue would have a good experience. If someone was in the nosebleeds for Led Zeppelin, it wasn't going to be as enjoyable.

Pink Floyd for the most part sounded like the albums. That could be good or bad.

Led Zep looked like rock stars, Pink Floyd looked like the audience, which was prob. to Pink Floyd's advantage, and could go out without being harassed.

Musicianship - Led Zep, not even up for debate.

Catalog - Led Zep, because Pink Floyd had their experimental stuff and soundtracks. Page's experimentations were either done in The Yardbirds or before he brought his works in progress to the band. Pink Floyd didn't hit their stride until Meddle. LZ has a more polished up discography,they had very little in outtakes, because most of them wound up on Physical Graffiti and Coda.

Individual albums - Dark Side of the Moon alone outsold any of Led Zeppelin's albums. I think over time, Pink Floyd's imagery and status has grown, and Led Zep's has kind of stayed in the same place, and I think Pink Floyd's songs connect more than Led Zeppelin's do. I think Plant didn't start having the personal connection with the audience until the 90s and started playing smaller venues, Plant/Page was cool because they did the Led Zep songs again for a new generation, but it wasn't all that much of a nostalgia tour, because it was consistent with what Plant was doing in the 90s anyway.

The guys in Pink Floyd were singing about growing old and life sucks, let's make the most out of it, and people connect with that more than songs about Hobbits and Vikings. Plant wrote some good lyrics on "Carouselambra" and a few others, but no one really goes "wow, Robert Plant was a phenomenal lyricist" either. Sometimes it comes across as words to fit the song.

Pink Floyd's legacy has only grown bigger in time, and will continue to. Led Zeppelin have already cemented their legacy.

DUDE, this is straight up correct, the best way to explain a pink floyd vs led zeppelin thing, although in the end i would choose floyd but i still agree with you