Press conference in Jakarta

izzydoezit

In this interview the band jokes about the next record coming out "in 20 years" or something or have I misheard that?

BBF is asked what his favorite GNR album is. His reply is "the next one". Considering that there is no next album soon to be completed, does that imply that he doesn't like Guns N' Roses albums at all?

Ashba is trying too hard to sound positive about the new album. Kinda like a salesman.

Very sad... And where the fuck is the lead singer? Is he too good for a press conference? Isn't this his job? Why is he so damn lazy? I mean you need to work hard for good results. You can't just put the blame on Slash, Duff and Seymour and really think that these are the reasons you became a shadow of your past self.

There are rockstars in their 50s 60s and 70s (Angus Young, Mick Jagger etc) who are bigger and better than ever in their game. Shame ....

Edited by izzydoezit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this interview the band jokes about the next record coming out "in 20 years" or something or have I misheard that?

BBF is asked what his favorite GNR album is. His reply is "the next one". Considering that there is no next album, does that inmply that he doesn't like Guns N' Roses albums?

Ashba is trying too hard to sound positive about the new album.

Very sad... And where the fuck is the lead singer? Is he too good for a press conference?

I have to say it is sad when the main man and guy in the know is not there to answer serious questions.

BBF is asked what his favorite GNR album is. His reply is "the next one". Considering that there is no next album, does that inmply that he doesn't like Guns N' Roses albums?

Very sad... And where the fuck is the lead singer? Is he too good for a press conference?

I have to say it is sad when the main man and guy in the know is not there to answer serious questions.

Totally agree. These guys have no clue about future plans

Totally agree. These guys have no clue about future plans

Or even their future plans with the band...all the guys at that press conference have been rumored to be leaving

Wow. What an embarassment this must have been for these guys. They are OBVIOUSLY clueless.

When the lady with the microphone said "before we start some questions, I have to say a few things" - and then commenced doing so in another language - can anyone confirm if what she said was "you can't ask questions about them not being the real GNR"? Seriously?

How bout when someone asked when the next album was coming out and Dizzy pushed the microphone towards DJ - kinda like "I ain't answering that shit".

What about DJ's answer to when is the next album? He responded, "None of us are in any hurry to put out a bad album." Earlier this year, he was claiming they had some really amazing shit. Now, even the own "band" is claiming that what they have isn't good material. lol

Talk about BIG-TIME fucking pathetic. These guys HAD to feel like idiots.

Edited by bringbackadler

Talk about BIG-TIME fucking pathetic.

Meh...

Could be worse.

They could be giving blowjobs for crank instead of making sizeable amounts of cash playing Guns n' Roses songs with Axl Rose.

EDIT : Just in case, I'm just fucking around...I agree that these interviews are kinda sad...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

LOL Dj's been saying that shit for three years now. Three years and they can't even 'Get all the guys in the same room.' Axl deserves an award for boss that most under-utilizes his employees. Axl doesn't have 'precious' time even if he thinks he does. IMO we may have seen the last release of GNR already.

Edited by jimb0

As much as it sucks, I really think that they are well aware ( even DJ... ) that nothing is going to be released anytime soon so the best they can do is give these kinds of answers.

BBF, when he doesn't express frustration at the band's inactivity regarding studio, often says that "life gets in the way" but come on...

The band is making MILLIONS while on the road. They have the money for studio time if they really wanted to finish the remaining CD era songs. Otherwise, most of them have their own studios and while they might not be on par with Axl's production ambitions they are good enough for demoing at least yet nothing is getting done.

My guess is that it's not life that gets in the way, it's either procrastination or simply Axl's refusal to do anything.

I think it is a joke to begin with, to send out your employees to give an interview when they don't know much to reply or they are not allowed to reply.

I think the guys are pissed because their positions as merely employees is pretty obvious. And they don't like this treatment. They feel like idiots that they are out there not knowing what to say, and the only person that may know is simply not there.

What else more important is Axl spending his time on?

I think it is a joke to begin with, to send out your employees to give an interview when they don't know much to reply or they are not allowed to reply.

I think the guys are pissed because their positions as merely employees is pretty obvious. And they don't like this treatment. They feel like idiots that they are out there not knowing what to say, and the only person that may know is simply not there.

What else more important is Axl spending his time on?

If the interview was during the day, Axl was sleeping. I agree Axl should have been there, but he wasn't so it's time to move on.

And yes back in the day, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would have been onstage together. Probably drunk and high, but there.

It sounded like the guys weren't getting any real respect for being there, so I think this was a waste of time for all involved.

As for other band members, I recently saw an interview with the Rolling Stones and Mick was interviewed alone, as was Keith. The only two who were interviewed together, were Charlie Watts and Ron Wood. When the interviewer asked Keith if he was happy, he said yeah now that they've making new music and performing again. That has always been a problem between Keith and Mick. Mick on the other hand, said yeah it's unreal to be around for 50 years, because in the beginning he thought they'd have a year or so and then that would be it. he also said he had to be convinced to do this whole 50 year thing, but he'll be glad when it's over.

Yeah, many bands are still around, but Steven Tyler and Joe have had many problems and now Robert Plant and Jimmy Plant aren't agreeing either. When you're together for a long time even if it's off and on through the years, people get tired of the scene and of each other.

When the Beatles broke up, it was a shock, but they still made music separately. I think we all should be grateful that we had the original GNR and be happy those guys are still alive and doing what they love, even if it's separately.

Edited by Val22