Press conference in Jakarta

izzydoezit

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should Axl release any new music at all? Just to please a couple of thousands of hard-core GnR forum fans? Because sure as hell the millions of casual GnR fans out there couldn't care less about new music...

That is a good point. But I don't even think it is that many. people care, but they aren't vehement about it. Actually People who bitch incessantly about no music secretly don't want them to make new music, cause then the will have nothing to bitch about.

I am gonna go ahead and guess this interview affects none of the people who are attending these shows, or anyone who has already. I am sure GNR is contractually obligated to do these, Axl sends his lackeys to do it, cause he doesn't want to. Good to be the king.

BBA, as much as you want it to upset people, we dont give a fuck, we are fans, not nutswingers like you and Klap etc, who cant get off Axls crank. Get over it, nobody cares but a handful of butt hurt fanbois.

Edited by Gunzen

I thought they looked like they were having fun at the press conference. Not sure why there's so much drama in this thread.

because that is all they have. BBA was quieter than a mouse peeing on cotton during the residency cause it was successful, they are reaching for anything to be negative about. They are the ones who cant get dance and bitch about the DJ's at partys. :rofl-lol:

Didn't Bumble say they did some big numbers in India? Like record-setting?

I'd love to be a part of a band that travelled the world and put up big numbers, even if we weren't making a new album.

Yeah, some people here act as if it is miserable being in Dubai partying and playing in front of huge crowds.......

I thought they looked like they were having fun at the press conference. Not sure why there's so much drama in this thread.

because that is all they have. BBA was quieter than a mouse peeing on cotton during the residency cause it was successful, they are reaching for anything to be negative about. They are the ones who cant get dance and bitch about the DJ's at partys. :rofl-lol:

I'd love to be a part of a band that travelled the world and put up big numbers, even if we weren't making a new album.

Yeah, some people here act as if it is miserable being in Dubai partying and playing in front of huge crowds.......

Don't forget all the times people on this board made threads or posts saying xyz event or tour would be cancelled. So far none of the tours have been cancelled in recent years, and the Vegas residency was a success. But there has always been a chorus of doomsayers, who seem to hide or prey upon the fact people forget what they said. So far, all the doom and gloom has turned out to be bullshit.

Edited by brainsaber

Since when was Dubai in India? :lol: I know my geography isn't great but fucking hell man! :lol:

I think he was elaborating on my point about how certain people on this board interpret everything negatively with regard to the band, whether it be partying in the United Arab Emirates or playing gigs in India.

Since when was Dubai in India? :lol: I know my geography isn't great but fucking hell man! :lol:

I think he was elaborating on my point about how certain people on this board interpret everything negatively with regard to the band, whether it be partying in the United Arab Emirates or playing gigs in India.

My bad. :)

As a fan of the band even I have to admit that was hugely embarrassing... more for those four guys than anymore..

Imagine being in a band where you have no control over anything, not even when it's time to go on stage, make a record, do a tour.

Sad situation, at least most of them have other things going on.

Bumblecool: Dude, this is what it is :/ As long as the band wont be a band, they'll have the fans they deserve.

Topic: I couldn't even finish watching this. Never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the silent years.

Congratulations, you're a moron. How does it feel?

Edited by The Real McCoy

Bumblecool: Dude, this is what it is :/ As long as the band wont be a band, they'll have the fans they deserve.

Topic: I couldn't even finish watching this. Never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the silent years.

Yes, that's funny. What does he mean by "they'll have the fans they deserve"? Did he mean that the band will have actual fans that actually enjoy their work instead of old bitter fans that can't get past through a lineup change that happened over 10 years ago?

Yes, that's funny. What does he mean by "they'll have the fans they deserve"? Did he mean that the band will have actual fans that actually enjoy their work instead of old bitter fans that can't get past through a lineup change that happened over 10 years ago?

I can only imagine how empty someone's life must be if they seriously cannot get over the fact that the original lineup is never going to get back together.

Call a therapist already if its that bad.

That's exactly what I mean! I'm confident that this band could put out a great record and as soon as this band puts out anything of their own they'll enable fans to actually appreciate them as a band and not just for simply upholding the legacy

Why should Axl release any new music at all? Just to please a couple of thousands of hard-core GnR forum fans? Because sure as hell the millions of casual GnR fans out there couldn't care less about new music...

Sadly, you might not be far from the truth... Chidem gets absolutely BLASTED in mainstream media. Just yesterday there was a top 10 GnR countdown and prior to no.1(SCOM) the presenter mentioned how the band imploded and Chidem came out like 14 years later without an impact. I really don't see many people disagreeing with her...

Sadly, you might not be far from the truth... Chidem gets absolutely BLASTED in mainstream media. Just yesterday there was a top 10 GnR countdown and prior to no.1(SCOM) the presenter mentioned how the band imploded and Chidem came out like 14 years later without an impact. I really don't see many people disagreeing with her...

Exactly.

Just yesterday I sat with a couple of entitled GnR fans of my generation (mid thirties) and they said they loved GnR music but didn't even know about CD at all!! For them GnR was, is and always will be about Axl & Slash, the iconic music videos and the timeless hits. Nothing will ever top that, so people should just enjoy the shows while they last...

Edited by trqster