New Fortus Interview for Glide Magazine

Rovim

This is the problem with nuGNR. I mean you have to be a team player, play for the team and do not just jump from project to project ( I think that every band member has different porjects with other bands or solo) . Let me put this on the different words, Messi plays for Barcelona, he is busting his balls for this team he doesn't say ok I am playing for Barcelona but I can wait to play for Real in summer or for PSG in the winter breaks but count me in for Barcelona player.

same thing is with nuGNR dont take it as a project just be Guns and nothing more, play for your team until they shoot you down, if every musician were doing music tas a project we should have one fkng band aid and no bands at all.......

Dont use GNR for better CV......be GNR as familly member...

This is the problem with nuGNR. I mean you have to be a team player, play for the team and do not just jump from project to project ( I think that every band member has different porjects with other bands or solo) . Let me put this on the different words, Messi plays for Barcelona, he is busting his balls for this team he doesn't say ok I am playing for Barcelona but I can wait to play for Real in summer or for PSG in the winter breaks but count me in for Barcelona player.

same thing is with nuGNR dont take it as a project just be Guns and nothing more, play for your team until they shoot you down, if every musician were doing music tas a project we should have one fkng band aid and no bands at all.......

i'm sure they'd like to do that but...

was never a problem with real gnr. How can you blame anyone in this nugnr? musicians like to WRITE and RELEASE their own material. it might have been cool covering AFD and UYI for this long, but what is the next chapter? They cant expect to be in a "band" where all they do is cover other peoples music.

was never a problem with real gnr. How can you blame anyone in this nugnr? musicians like to WRITE and RELEASE their own material. it might have been cool covering AFD and UYI for this long, but what is the next chapter? They cant expect to be in a "band" where all they do is cover other peoples music.

How do you know it was never a problem with the original lineup? As far as I know, Axl and the others weren't too happy when Slash went to Lenny Kravitz with "Always on the Run". Besides, the original lineup didn't have other bands/projects running at the same time as GN'R was active (I don't count Slash's snakepit as formed in 93, when the tour ended and things were going downhill - and I suspect Axl wasn't too happy about the snakepit either).

Nah, the original GN'R was all about GN'R. Just think about the 80s, fighting their way up (a family if you will).

Doesn't work like that today when it's, if you look at it realistically, just a bunch of hired guys.

Edited by Jeez

So Messi shouldn't play for the Argentinian selection ?

See , it's not all black and white

Saw this interesting Fortus interview. Check it out:

http://www.glidemaga...lizzy-tats.html

Thank you so much for posting--Richard is an incredible talent, cool guy, and I really dig how he is tapping into the philosophical leanings of George Harrison. Brilliant stuff! This guy is so under-appreciated at times it makes me sick! One of the best guitarists on the planet, and I am really looking forward to his contributions on the next album. I love many of the guitar riffs and what not he has posted on his website, and his new solo that he broke out at Vegas is fantastic!

Can we have a new forum rule insisting that anybody posting interviews with the employees has to add a note in the title telling us if they've actually said anything worth reading?

But probably they'll never say anything really interesting for the record, since they all got signed contracts and a very sensitive boss...

Can we have a new forum rule insisting that anybody posting interviews with the employees has to add a note in the title telling us if they've actually said anything worth reading?

But probably they'll never say anything really interesting for the record, since they all got signed contracts and a very sensitive boss...

I know but I still get caught out reading shitloads of drivel in the vain hope that we might get some actual news once in a while. :lol:

How do you know it was never a problem with the original lineup? As far as I know, Axl and the others weren't too happy when Slash went to Lenny Kravitz with "Always on the Run". Besides, the original lineup didn't have other bands/projects running at the same time as GN'R was active (I don't count Slash's snakepit as formed in 93, when the tour ended and things were going downhill - and I suspect Axl wasn't too happy about the snakepit either).

Nah, the original GN'R was all about GN'R. Just think about the 80s, fighting their way up (a family if you will).

Doesn't work like that today when it's, if you look at it realistically, just a bunch of hired guys.

i dont think they really cared that much about slash doing a song with Lenny. How many times did axl sing with other people? Free falling, sang with Bruce, a few of them sang with the stones, etc. They never had a "side " project or toured. The main focus was GNR

Edited by fabrph5

I know but I still get caught out reading shitloads of drivel in the vain hope that we might get some actual news once in a while. :lol:

This is about as good as its gonna get interviewing a GNR band member!

i dont think they really cared that much about slash doing a song with Lenny. How many times did axl sing with other people? Free falling, sang with Bruce, a few of them sang with the stones, etc. They never had a "side " project or toured. The main focus was GNR

Slash MADE 'Always on the Run' and went to Kravitz with it because Adler wasn't capable of playing it at the time. Axl didn't write Free Falling, a Stones song or a Bruce song.

Edited by Jeez

Slash MADE 'Always on the Run' and went to Kravitz with it because Adler wasn't capable of playing it at the time. Axl didn't write Free Falling, a Stones song or a Bruce song.

Just needed to highlight the key point. Thank you for pointing it out Edited by AxlRose14

Just needed to highlight the key point. Thank you for pointing it out

+1