New Fortus Interview for Glide Magazine

Rovim

Slash brought Always on the Run to the other band members.....they turned it down.

Exactly, Slash didn't know what was best for GNR either. It's about compromise, which he was barely willing to do anyways.

I'm glad the band turned that shit down...that guy is NOT buckethead

A few factual errors in this thread:

According to Slash, the reason he never gave the 'Always on the Run' riff to Guns N' Roses was because he deemed it ''too funky for gnr''.

Snakepit were formed mid-1994, not 1993.

W. Axl Rose (Studio) Guest Appearances....

Alice Cooper, 'Under My Wheels', (The Decline of Western Civilization Part II).

Don Henley, 'I Will Not Go Quietly', (The End of the Innocence, 1989)

Steve Jones, 'I Did U No Wrong', (Fire and Gasoline, 1989).

Gilby Clarke, 'Dead Flowers', (Pawnshop Guitars, 1994).

The Outpatience (w/ Slash), 'Anxious Disease' (Anxious Disease, 1996)

Sebastian Bach, 'Back in the Saddle', '(Love Is) a Bitchslap', 'Stuck Inside' (Angel Down, 2007).

This s besides the numerous live guest spots (Petty, Stones, Springsteen etc). Axl also appeared in the Michael Monroe video, 'Death, Jail or Rock N' Roll' (1990).

Edited by DieselDaisy

• 5 months later...

This is the problem with nuGNR. I mean you have to be a team player, play for the team and do not just jump from project to project ( I think that every band member has different porjects with other bands or solo) . Let me put this on the different words, Messi plays for Barcelona, he is busting his balls for this team he doesn't say ok I am playing for Barcelona but I can wait to play for Real in summer or for PSG in the winter breaks but count me in for Barcelona player.

same thing is with nuGNR dont take it as a project just be Guns and nothing more, play for your team until they shoot you down, if every musician were doing music tas a project we should have one fkng band aid and no bands at all.......

Dont use GNR for better CV......be GNR as familly member...

was never a problem with real gnr. How can you blame anyone in this nugnr? musicians like to WRITE and RELEASE their own material. it might have been cool covering AFD and UYI for this long, but what is the next chapter? They cant expect to be in a "band" where all they do is cover other peoples music.

How do you know it was never a problem with the original lineup? As far as I know, Axl and the others weren't too happy when Slash went to Lenny Kravitz with "Always on the Run". Besides, the original lineup didn't have other bands/projects running at the same time as GN'R was active (I don't count Slash's snakepit as formed in 93, when the tour ended and things were going downhill - and I suspect Axl wasn't too happy about the snakepit either).

Nah, the original GN'R was all about GN'R. Just think about the 80s, fighting their way up (a family if you will).

Doesn't work like that today when it's, if you look at it realistically, just a bunch of hired guys.

In that 94 interview they were asked about side projects. Slash said definitely not while Axl said he was working on something top secret.

In that 94 interview they were asked about side projects. Slash said definitely not while Axl said he was working on something top secret.

I think he meant that as a joke... Something "top secret" lol..