Forum Down?

jman2000

When the site goes down a mod/admin should use twitter/facebook to let people know what is up. Last night there was nothing. Powerage tried but with limited info he knew as much as us.

I don't have the Twitter login info - I'll get it from High so that if this happens again, it's one more person that could post an update.

That being said, I still don't exactly know what caused the outage. It started for me with one of those Server Error pages, then the site was down altogether a bit later.

When the site goes down a mod/admin should use twitter/facebook to let people know what is up. Last night there was nothing. Powerage tried but with limited info he knew as much as us.

I don't have the Twitter login info - I'll get it from High so that if this happens again, it's one more person that could post an update.

That being said, I still don't exactly know what caused the outage. It started for me with one of those Server Error pages, then the site was down altogether a bit later.

Yeah I experienced the same thing

Gunsguy, I wanted to retweet you last night. Unblock me.

I share GG's sentiments. This is unacceptable.

Get over it. It hardly ever happens and when it does do something unusual for a change like go outside for a walk and get some vitamin D. You know, where's there's that thing called 'reality'. Trees, clouds, the sky, the sun. It's actually kinda cool, believe it or not. :rolleyes:

Gunsguy, I wanted to retweet you last night. Unblock me.

I share GG's sentiments. This is unacceptable.

Get over it. It hardly ever happens and when it does do something unusual for a change like go outside for a walk and get some vitamin D. You know, where's there's that thing called 'reality'. Trees, clouds, the sky, the sun. It's actually kinda cool, believe it or not. :rolleyes:

I think the simple answer about what happened by someone in the know is not unreasonable. Of course it does not matter now does it? It is back up.

With all the shit mygnrforum has ever been through how do we know that when it goes down on the 1st of the month it is not gone forever?

I was simply saying SOMEONE should tweet or facebook the problem (even if unknown) and an estimate of when it will be up (or an unknown timeframe) If no one uses the twitter feed or facebook page to update anything on Guns, this website or technical issues then what is the point?

It's not like I have nothing else to do, I could easily go do other things online or offline, the point is at least for me is when this forum is down people tend to go to other GNR forums, that sucks, and as a user here I don't want to see people leaving for technical reasons with this one going down and others being up kinda thing. At least with twitter or facebook we can still interact and maybe even help each other :)

With all the shit mygnrforum has ever been through how do we know that when it goes down on the 1st of the month it is not gone forever?

Dramatic much? With the money Subs put out of his own pocket to keep this place alive, and the improvements they've made so far, how is that even a thought? Both HV and Subs have been more than open and transparent about the forum and where they stand with it, no need to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater just to stir the shit.

^^^ THIS.

Guys, online forums go down all the time, it's actually very very rare when you consider how much it IS active. There is no concerns regarding the future of the forum, regardless how many people may want to stir the pot ;)

With that said, I appreciate and agree we need to hire a News Reporter to join and support the mod team, who can be positively active with facebook and twitter to update the community when things like this happen. Thanks for your patience in regards to this.

*Locked*