GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into a battle with some people on the Governer's ball facebook page. I wasnt a jerk I was simply just countering the old stale arguments. Its not GNR, a link to a few bad performances, yada yada yada. Its a 3 day festival and somehow people act like theyre being forced to see GNR. Just dont go

Then after posting I said to myself "why the fuck am I defending this band? What reason have they given me to do so?" So I was conflicted to say the least

People should be allowed to have their opinions, even if it is against GnR!

Some people really don't like them. Some people don't like Axl or his voice or his diva antics over the years.

Some people don't like CD.

And all that is OK!!!! It's a free country, people are allowed to like and dislike whoever they want. And are free to voice their opinion.

People on here bash other bands all the time.

It's not right to purposely log into a forum day after day after day just to post "your opinion" especially when it's the same old "opinion" over and over again.

Are you simple?

So in your world, it isn't "right" for people to "purposely log into a forum day after day to just post their opinion"............even with your low IQ you should see how ridiculous that sentence is. Isn't that what you do? Log in every day to post your opinion? Isn't that what everybody does? What would you like me to do? Log in every day to post other people's opinions? You are really grasping at straws Volcano now. Your need to fight the good fight every day is clouding your ability to post logically.

As for the "same old opinion over and over again"...............why did you put quotation marks around the word opinion? Are you saying that I'm not really posting my opinion?

Finally, same old, same old......dude, you are the last person that should ever accuse somebody of that. Here is every post you've ever made. "Axl is the best. The current band is the best. People who don't think so are (insult, insult, insult) and should go to a different forum. You make that same post 10 times a day.

How about you stop trying to be the forum police and let the adults here chat about GnR? If you can't handle a website that isn't 24/7 Axl worship, then maybe you should try out HTGTH or the band's official forum, where you can worship your God 24/7 and not worry about people having a different opinion than you.

I got into a battle with some people on the Governer's ball facebook page. I wasnt a jerk I was simply just countering the old stale arguments. Its not GNR, a link to a few bad performances, yada yada yada. Its a 3 day festival and somehow people act like theyre being forced to see GNR. Just dont go

Then after posting I said to myself "why the fuck am I defending this band? What reason have they given me to do so?" So I was conflicted to say the least

People should be allowed to have their opinions, even if it is against GnR!

Some people really don't like them. Some people don't like Axl or his voice or his diva antics over the years.

Some people don't like CD.

And all that is OK!!!! It's a free country, people are allowed to like and dislike whoever they want. And are free to voice their opinion.

People on here bash other bands all the time.

I agree. It's more that people were posting the same old tired criticisms and I at least felt the need to counter and present another side of the story. I mean you know how the internet works no one was posting on there "these guys arent for me." it was more "GNR is shit and all the fans there to see them will be washed up old dudes in denim." That said it still wasnt really worth it

All that aside I might actually be going now and can witness the mess for myself. Im predicting a 1230 AM entrance to a 3/4 capacity crowd. Most of them there to watch it like theyre watching a tire fire.

LOL @ that lineup

Guns N' Roses fans mingling with self absorbed hipsters, should be interesting

Ya, Gn'R does pull in a specific type of crowd. Hopefully they're open to some different music. Looking at the lineup, I can spot a lot of great acts. If anyone is going, make sure to check out Grizzly Bear, Gary Clark Jr., Dirty Projectors and Portugal. The Man.

Is there really any rumor to them possibly releasing single day tickets?

I expect them to. They sold last year, and worst case scenario you buy them on StubHub. They won't be cheap per se, but definitely not insane.

Edited by Stryker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...