March 28th, 2013 - Abu Dhabi

Amir

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Richard said it was going to be after, I think he mentioned a US show before but he might have been getting dates of Governor's Ball wrong.

I'm debating going to this, I may be going back to Abu Dhabi to find a job or somebody to work with me on my online music service, we'll see. The show in 2010 was great, but I've seen Axl 11 times now, 6 in 2010 and 5 in 2012, and 2012 was weaker than 2010 (though Atlantic City and Serbia were pretty damn good and meeting Axl in Glasgow was great). Metallica's playing a few weeks after, if I go out for GNR I'll be there for at least a month so I'd get to see 2 awesome gigs, only seen Metallica once back in '09 at Sheffield.

I just worry that tickets won't sell that well for this gig. Barely been 2 years since they were last there, and Metallica started selling tickets for their gigs before. Also, Slash just played Dubai on the 31st (wish I'd gone, Alice Cooper played, and my parents got invited to his birthday party!). We'll see.

My parents with Alice Cooper:

555974_10151440245231049_668212145_n.jpg

I am insanely jealous and incredulous.

Edited by Amir

Your parents look fairly young, Amir. :thumbsup:

How old are they? Anywhere near Axl's age? If they are, then they need to share their secret to youthfulness with him.

They're both older than Axl! Mum was born in '60 and my dad in '56. My dad got to tell Alice Cooper how they used to blast School's Out the end of every year during his teenage years at boarding school in the Isle of Wight.

^Gah! Beat me to it!

Here's an interesting blurb about the March appearance

"It’s been two weeks since rock legend Slash performed in Dubai, he is set to return to the United Arab Emirates in March with award-winning American rock band Guns N’ Roses, according to Dubai-based paper The National."

http://english.alara.../12/265852.html

Edited by Chris 55

• 1 month later...

Can't believe there are still people on this planet who don't know about the breakup, and much more a journalist. A click on the internet would have given an abundant of sensational stories on GNR and yet.... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I don't know about people on the planet but certainly journalists should know. I hope their review of the concert is correct & they're not calling DJ Slash or something equally as wrong. That won't go down well at all :nervous:

Can't believe there are still people on this planet who don't know about the breakup, and much more a journalist. A click on the internet would have given an abundant of sensational stories on GNR and yet.... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I don't know about people on the planet but certainly journalists should know. I hope their review of the concert is correct & they're not calling DJ Slash or something equally as wrong. That won't go down well at all :nervous:

That'll be the joke of the year if that happens ROFL. They might be wondering what's up with Slash's change of hairstyle. :rofl-lol: