Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

Favorite Queen Album?

What is everyone"s favorite queen album?

mine is innuendo i love the emotion of the album but its sad knowing Freddie wrote it knowing he is going to die

sheer heart attack or night at the opera always hard to decide.

Innuendo and Made In Heaven are probably my most listened to. Despite Freddie's illness, Queen's work never deteriorated and always continued to get better and better, which the Innuendo album highlights. Either one of those albums, or News of the World are my favourite, it's just too hard to decide.

It's hard to beat A Night At The Opera, but I absolutely love The Miracle. It's got awesome songs and is filled with the emotion of knowing what was going on with the band at that time. Innuendo carries the same feel and is also amazing for that reason. Freddie knew he didn't have much time left and gave it his all. Headlong is actually one of my favorite Queen songs in general.

It's hard to beat A Night At The Opera, but I absolutely love The Miracle. It's got awesome songs and is filled with the emotion of knowing what was going on with the band at that time. Innuendo carries the same feel and is also amazing for that reason. Freddie knew he didn't have much time left and gave it his all. Headlong is actually one of my favorite Queen songs in general.

Totally agree. Queen is a fucking fantastic band, my favourite of all time. A Day At The Races is also a superb CD, but I'll always have a weak spot for Made In Heaven as it was the record that got me into them.

Mother Love... final song Freddie recorded before his death. Brian May had to sing the last verse as Freddie could not finish it.

One of the most powerful pieces of music I have ever heard.

Another personal favourite is News Of The World. It's Late and the sublime All Dead All Dead are two of their best songs.

Edited by Demon Wolf

More like a compilation/greatest hits but I'd say Queen The Platinum Collection.

Greatest Hits III could have been so much better than the PoS they released.

I don't understand the love for Night at the opera not counting Bohemian Rhapsody, The Prophet's song is the best song on the album, there's a lot of silly ballads on it that literally go nowhere.

The Miracle has a lot of underrated poppy gems on it and I like the early, still-finding their feet songs on Queen II

Sometimes I forget how many albums Queen made. They are like Led Zeppelin if they had kept going for another decade. That being said, I don't think I've ever listened to an entire Queen album.

That's kind of how I picked mine, Sheer Heart Attack was the one I skip nothing from.

The Miracle is their most underrated album.

1. A Night at the Opera

2. Sheer Heart Attack

3. Innuendo

4. The Miracle

5. It's a Kind of Magic

Magic is a lot better if you liked the first Highlander movie.

I don't understand the love for Night at the opera not counting Bohemian Rhapsody, The Prophet's song is the best song on the album, there's a lot of silly ballads on it that literally go nowhere.

The Miracle has a lot of underrated poppy gems on it and I like the early, still-finding their feet songs on Queen II

Love Of My Life is not a silly ballad. Death On Two Legs is a badass opener, '39 is an absolute masterpiece of a song, and You're My Best Friend is an awesome sing-along type song. A couple of jaunty songs like Seaside Rendezvous and Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon (which are both pretty awesome in their own right) break up the more serious sounding side of the album.

It's a pretty fucking good album.

I like A Night at the Opera because it seems like they weren't trying to make a good album, they were having genuine fun. Probably what I found most appealing about Queen, they weren't into that behind the music stories later on although Freddie being gay and having AIDS is an episode all to itself. All their albums are fun to listen to, no wonder critics hated them.