March 30th, 2013 - Beirut, Lebanon

bumblecool

New music isn't really relevant for anyone but the die-hard fans (us...). People just wanna hear the good ol'greatest hits that'll never grow old and by the looks of it, Axl seems to agree... It's called making a living out of touring & making (almost) everybody along happy. Nothing wrong with that.

Fine. Nothing wrong with that. Axl is the frontman of a cover band, then. Just like many of us have been saying for years.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New music isn't really relevant for anyone but the die-hard fans (us...). People just wanna hear the good ol'greatest hits that'll never grow old and by the looks of it, Axl seems to agree... It's called making a living out of touring & making (almost) everybody along happy. Nothing wrong with that.

Fine. Nothing wrong with that. Axl is the frontman of a cover band, then. Just like many of us have been saying for years.

it was foolish for anyone to have believed otherwise, despite however axl hyped himself. nufans should stop being bitter. of course this is how it was destined to be.

• 1 month later...

I am going to have to chime in on this. there is one thing that so many of you fail to think about when the bitching starts about the constant touring and perhaps it is because many of you are too young to remember this, but when GNR disappeared in 1993 at the peak, the legions of fans they had THEN ( myself included ), only had a window of time of 4-5 years to see them, and many of us only ever had them come through our town once or twice... I truly believe this constant touring also in part is Axl making it up to the fans that made them by giving us these tours and giving fans like myself the chance to see him live like we never really got to back in the day.

I think he sang the Israeli national anthem at a show last year. No idea if this makes GNR a political enemy but I suppose there could be some crowd heckling.

I suspect Axl identifies on some level with warring countries.

Yep just saw that a couple of days ago, there was like ten guy on twitter who badgered BBF and GNR.

They wrote this on facebook :

Dear GNR

Any disregard of our immediate request, that you apologize for playing the Israeli Anthem in 2012, would mean only one thing: A disregard for our suffering. In that case we would have to mobilize, by all possible civil means guaranteed by the Lebanese Law, our people, in the camps and outside, against your performance in Lebanon. We refuse to enter history as mere dancers to the melody of death of our Lebanese and Palestinian children.

Finally a message to the organizers of this event: Resisting the Israeli enemy is a duty; boycotting supporters of Israel is a national demand. It is absolutely unacceptable that you compromise the blood of the Lebanese and Palestinian people. Cancel this performance or demand an apology from the band!

Funny because Ron is jewish.

I am going to have to chime in on this. there is one thing that so many of you fail to think about when the bitching starts about the constant touring and perhaps it is because many of you are too young to remember this, but when GNR disappeared in 1993 at the peak, the legions of fans they had THEN ( myself included ), only had a window of time of 4-5 years to see them, and many of us only ever had them come through our town once or twice... I truly believe this constant touring also in part is Axl making it up to the fans that made them by giving us these tours and giving fans like myself the chance to see him live like we never really got to back in the day.

Nice spin.

I was around back in the day too.

You say how bad his voice is now but you want new music, do you think he could record music in a good voice when you think he sounds so bad at concerts?

You say how bad his voice is now but you want new music, do you think he could record music in a good voice when you think he sounds so bad at concerts?

Yeah, a lot of famous musicians do it. Studio magic!

Yes, I do. The good moments are fewer and farther between than ever, but he still has it for moments (even the occasional whole song!) at some shows. I have no doubt that he could pull it together to sound good on a studio recording.

BTW, I do have a few posts about recent concerts saying he sounds pretty good on certain songs. I don't say he sounds bad just for the sake of saying he sounds bad. This whole "hater" thing is largely a myth. Maybe there are one or two people who will despise whatever Axl does, but those people usually just drop one liners, many of which are kind of funny if people would relax a bit. Most of us WANT him to sound good, and I believe that he could if he got into shape and amped up his give a fuck. But even if he does neither of those, a lot can be taken care of in the studio.

When you consider all the effort he has to put into a full show on a consistent tour verses the lax schedule he could make for himself recording vocals over a period of months it's totally possible for Axl to pull off studio magic. Look how awesome Angel Down came out and that was just one day on New Years Day.

Plus consider how many times Axl has lost and regained his rasp. He re-recorded AFD SCOM with full rasp, Live Era Parts, Lost it in 2001-2002, Regained it in 2006, Did it on Angel Down, Did it in 2009-2010 and lost it again. Then he regained it at one UCAP show and then lost it again.

With actually giving a damn Axl is completely capable.

Yes, I do. The good moments are fewer and farther between than ever, but he still has it for moments (even the occasional whole song!) at some shows. I have no doubt that he could pull it together to sound good on a studio recording.

BTW, I do have a few posts about recent concerts saying he sounds pretty good on certain songs. I don't say he sounds bad just for the sake of saying he sounds bad. This whole "hater" thing is largely a myth. Maybe there are one or two people who will despise whatever Axl does, but those people usually just drop one liners, many of which are kind of funny if people would relax a bit. Most of us WANT him to sound good, and I believe that he could if he got into shape and amped up his give a fuck. But even if he does neither of those, a lot can be taken care of in the studio.

True as the vocals can be done over & over until they're happy with them compared to a live show.

Yeah, a lot of famous musicians do it. Studio magic!
First of all, it's pretty clear he can use rasp when he wants to, second there's the stamina factor, third, studio magic, fourth, he can do a million takes if he wants to, and last, he recorded Chinese Democracy while in mickey mouse mode back in 1999-2002

When you consider all the effort he has to put into a full show on a consistent tour verses the lax schedule he could make for himself recording vocals over a period of months it's totally possible for Axl to pull off studio magic. Look how awesome Angel Down came out and that was just one day on New Years Day.

Plus consider how many times Axl has lost and regained his rasp. He re-recorded AFD SCOM with full rasp, Live Era Parts, Lost it in 2001-2002, Regained it in 2006, Did it on Angel Down, Did it in 2009-2010 and lost it again. Then he regained it at one UCAP show and then lost it again.

With actually giving a damn Axl is completely capable.

Hasn't he been singing Jungle with rasp at every single show with the exception of a line or two in the last few years?So isn't it a obvious sign of choice of singing style for the most part, and not a case of losing and regaining his voice from one song to another? Imo the early 2000's may have been the only time he may have not been able to pull it off.Just a guess though.

I flew from Egypt to see this, so I really hope it doesn't get cancelled because of the the Israel fiasco. The show is still on...for now.

What isr fiasco?what r u talking about?

Extremists in Lebanon are butthurt that Guns played in Israel...

I flew from Egypt to see this, so I really hope it doesn't get cancelled because of the the Israel fiasco. The show is still on...for now.

What isr fiasco?what r u talking about?

Extremists in Lebanon are butthurt that Guns played in Israel...

That's the simpleton's version of complex political factors.

Doors open at 6pm and the night goes like this: The Wanton Bishops starting up the show at 9pm, Near Surface to warm up the floor and legends Guns N' Roses to rock your world for 2h30!! JK58.co

Great photos from this facebook page : JK58.co (https://www.facebook.com/JK58.co)

480294_420981714657826_1630704720_n.jpg?

3666_420980431324621_1879310372_n.jpg?w=

Guns N' Roses out for a drink last night in Mar Mikhael!

539970_421630047926326_642468312_n.jpg

Video of DJ & Dizzy :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151533598504441&set=o.162065237281010&type=2&theater

Edited by Silent Jay