Rare 1989 video at The Cathouse - Did you film this?

fernandoGNR

This came up a couple days ago. I was wondering if you're the one who filmed this or you know nothing about this recording...?

This is the only footage from this now famous show. Shot October 13, 1989 at the Parkview Plaza Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. A few nights later The band opened for the Rolling Stones at The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Another Biff Tv and The Ponce exclusive.

So this is rare footage? I hate it when people are so selfish to share their stuff and want to "copyright" something they illegally recorded.

Totally agree man!

That is some real great footage, would love to see and hear the full show. I'm guessing that was Axl playing bass in Rocket Queen, kinda hard to tell.

Fuckin badass, they all look and sound great!!!

wow, this is really awesome!!! we havent seen ANY of this before, absolute kick-ass!!

they didnt do the best job in mixing it tough...its out of synch later in the footage.

its clearly Axl playing bass during RQ (good to be seen @8:28 from the close-up right cam).

so there are at least 3 video sources from this:

center/middle cam (to be seen in this youtube-clip) + close-up cam right (to be seen in this youtube-clip) + Marc's video.

Marc, from where did you shoot this? left/right/stage?

Slashs side of the stage. Yes Axl is on the Bass for the jam in Rocket Queen

have you seen the whole youtube-clip which is a 2cam mix? there is Slash side Cam aswell....thats not your angle? because then you'd been 2 people filming on the right side? you actually can see the right side/on stage filmer in the clip right in the beginning during 0:32 - 0:51.

btw there's another video featuring Axl (among others). Check @17:55 Axl singing Jumpin' Jack Flash and Brown Sugar. So cool!

Biff Tv and The Ponce live from The World Famous Domino Lounge @ Spice (7070 Hollywood Blvd) featuring The Mighty Hornets and guests Billy Idol, Ian Astbury, Brian O'Neal, Axl Rose and Randy Castillo...

What a shame ppl think this is worth something and so sit and masti over it privately....even in this day where GNR, old or new, are essentially dead.

Looks like great quality footage, good documented show from a time where we dont have too much.

How fucking cool is Izzy? Always grooving in the background, confident in the fact the majority of the songs come from him, leaving Slash to prance about unsure whether he wants ot be lead guitarist of front man. Also enjoy seeing Axl going through his stage moves, but not quite nailing them / perfecting them. Fuck, to think these guys were early 20s then, great times.

Just curious, did anyone contact this guy to see what he wants for the unedited tape? I assume he put his info on the clip because he's trying to sell it.

I don't know. I sent him an email couple of days ago, kindly asking if he was willing to sell.

No answer.

He must feel kinda superior I guess - hence the stupid crosses - as he very well knows most of us would love to have the unedited tape. Well, sod him.

So this is rare footage? I hate it when people are so selfish to share their stuff and want to "copyright" something they illegally recorded.

Fuck that. If I went through the work to film something, I'd tag it too. SO many people rip shit off of youtube and pass it off as their own.

• 2 weeks later...