GNR Instrumental Demos

jman2000

Hey Marc! I was listening to some songs from the bootleg, The Hell Revisited. There were 2 "Unreleased Instrumentals", and was wondering if you knew what they were. The two tracks are as follows for listening and download...

http://kiwi6.com/file/f1k1d54gb3

http://kiwi6.com/file/7104twqf87

- Tell me if that website works... if not I'll just upload to YouTube.

Edited by jman2000

To me (only one guys opinion obviously!) but it seems like these are "questionable recordings", I always thought that they weren't GNR. Does anyone know ,was there ever any real info about those two tracks or any proof that it's actually GNR ? They sound different than all the other demo recordings and I know they surfaced quite a bit later than the other demos that have been circulating since the 80's and 90's . Do you have an opinion Marc, is that GNR playing on those tracks ?

Nightcrawler is a legit song but that's not it . Marc told us there was a song called Nightcrawler but it was later renamed Speed Parade when Slash ended up recording it for the second Snakepit record.

Edited by Nobody

Slash mentioned it during some interview when they recording the Illusion albums so it would've been easy enough for some bootlegger to slap a name that GNR fans might've heard about as an unreleased song on some generic instrumental . It would be like getting an instrumental now and calling it The General or Jackie Chan. Until Marc told us, I think everyone just assumed that was a "lost" song, don't know how many people knew that it actually was released in some format as "Speed Parade" later. I sure was happy for Marc letting us in on that little bit of previously unknown info!

I knew that it became some Slash song, I just couldn't recall which and what name. I wonder what it would be like if GNR used it.

Back to the songs I posted though... I mean Aces High Sound Production isn't known for bootlegging wrong songs or ones that are possibly fake. I wonder who made the bootlegs and if they had sources that confirmed them. They sound like they'd be pre-illusion era.

Do you know or think the person that made them would even be possible to get into contact anymore? I mean the bootlegs are from the early 2000 era (2002,2003). I'm sure they must have had a reliable source, weren't they the ones that leaked the Hollywood Rose songs That Something and Cold Hard Cash?

I have no idea how you would contact the person who made them and don't even know if that's availiable info . I'd assume in the kind of business where you sell these type of recordings you usually don't go around promoting or telling people your name. Then again , I really don't know . Marc said he's never heard them before which I definitely think is telling if they were pre illusion era demos, seems like he would've heard them then in some format (live/rehearsal etc.) . Maybe he can give us his educated guess as to whether he thinks that sounds like Duff, Slash, Steven or anyone else to him. I'm still wary about them but we're really just guessing. Anyone else know something about the tracks?

Well of the first song, there are definitely other recordings since someone had the song on youtube just different quality and it sounded a bit different. They had it wrong, that it's not Nightcrawler tho.

Neither of them are the song "The Plague", are they Marc?