Richard Fortus - New Album, Hopefully 2013!

jman2000

From Scans N' Copies (M.SL/GNR user) --

So I almost bailed on going to this tonight, but I'm glad I didn't.

This was put on by the music department of one of the colleges here. They have guest speakers come and talk to the students about music and some of the business that goes with it. It was an interview on stage with some questions toward the end. Fortus was a really cool, likeable guy. He kind of gave his life story and talked a lot about doing sessions and his early years. Then they started talking about GnR and he spoke well of the whole thing. In passing he mentioned they had recorded stuff and hope to get it out this year.

I asked him after the interview about that and if it was new music or the Chinese extras and he said, "Oh, new!" like there shouldn’t even be a question about it. Then I asked him about the extra Chinese songs and what his favorites were. Jackie Chan was his first one and then he said the General was REALLY good. He said there was a lot of songs in the can and that they'll probably come out some day. I asked about Oklahoma/Berlin and he said he hadn't ever heard of those titles but that not all the songs were named. He said there are some “phenomenal” songs and that he hopes they come out someday. That was almost word for word because it was really just a quick 30 second kind of deal. He’d already posed for a bunch of pictures and talked to a lot of other people so it was winding down pretty quickly.

Taken from M.SL/GNR

I admit it's refreshing hearing this kind of thing from Fortus rather than Ashba. It fees a bit more credible but Bumblefoot is still honest about having no idea when new music will happen so I won't hold my breath yet. Interesting that he did say it would indeed be new music though, and not necessarily other stuff from the CD sessions.

From Scans N' Copies (M.SL/GNR user) --
So I almost bailed on going to this tonight, but I'm glad I didn't.
This was put on by the music department of one of the colleges here. They have guest speakers come and talk to the students about music and some of the business that goes with it. It was an interview on stage with some questions toward the end. Fortus was a really cool, likeable guy. He kind of gave his life story and talked a lot about doing sessions and his early years. Then they started talking about GnR and he spoke well of the whole thing. In passing he mentioned they had recorded stuff and hope to get it out this year.
I asked him after the interview about that and if it was new music or the Chinese extras and he said, "Oh, new!" like there shouldn’t even be a question about it. Then I asked him about the extra Chinese songs and what his favorites were. Jackie Chan was his first one and then he said the General was REALLY good. He said there was a lot of songs in the can and that they'll probably come out some day. I asked about Oklahoma/Berlin and he said he hadn't ever heard of those titles but that not all the songs were named. He said there are some “phenomenal” songs and that he hopes they come out someday. That was almost word for word because it was really just a quick 30 second kind of deal. He’d already posed for a bunch of pictures and talked to a lot of other people so it was winding down pretty quickly.
Taken from M.SL/GNR

Right on. Hopefully it happens!

forget about a 2013 release

It's only February. People said the same thing at this time in 2008.

but at 2008 there where songs, the current lineup has not done something in the studio, even bumble doesnt know when

BREAKING NEWS: NEW GUNS N' ROSES ALBUM OUT SOMEDAY!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

If this is true - awesome!!!!

An album of new material in 2013 is great great news.

How about that and then wait five more years for this band's next album - 2018.

Then release an EP of the CD leftovers in 2016 and a live album in 2017.

If this band is going to constantly tour the world, why not release albums while doing it?

I think a new track will be on GTA V out in september, maybe wishfull thinkin'

Put out Jackie Chan for GTA V. Even tho I don't have a PS3 or XBOX360, or a super good pc, I'd buy GTA V and find a way to play it somehow. Even if I have to buy a ps3 or xbox. They could make Axl the DJ. Bring back Tommy The Nightmare Smith.

Of course it's probably not true. But I can imagine If they were releasing album in 2013, they wouldn't tell a shit not to get into the same situation as with CD.

Interesting...
Maybe Bumblefoot doesn't features on the creative part. Maybe just Fortus and Ashba are participating on this, what is a weird thing, but also interesting. Hear that we will have soon a new album from Axl, Ashba, Fortus and Dizzy refreshes a lot my hopes!!! :awesomeface: