**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know why the people with lines of communication with the band management wouldn't ask for this sort of thing. The thing is GnR have fans that would happily mix these shows and probably do it to a really high standard... likely for little to nothing as well, just listen to those evader mixes. Metallica have a dedicated pro tools guy on the road who records and mixes the tracks and I'm sure GnR could too especially if they charged €10 per concert. I would be more interested in getting some of the older concerts uploaded too. I'm sure there's business reasons why it's probably not as easy to do as it it sounds... they would likely have to give it away as free downloads so as to not have to deal with ex-members seeking royalty payments.

• Like 1

I think since GNR are again doing a residency in Vegas next month, they should record these shows and maybe release a dvd/blueray/cd of these shows.

Maybe once Slash goes on tour with Aerosmith and makes tons of money he won't care about Axl releasing a new video.

The answer to all of these questions is the same: nuGNR is incapable of releasing anything. It took about 32 managers to get Chinese Democracy out (seemingly without Axl's full consent in the end).

Other than that, nada. Although to be fair, it's only been about 15 years.

Edited by axlsalinger
  • Like 1

Maybe I don't know much about business practices, but instead of worrying about something like this flopping (or just other things in other cases, not even just Gn'R), why wouldn't companies just do a limited run and let people pre-order something and only press and ship those copies?

I think since GNR are again doing a residency in Vegas next month, they should record these shows and maybe release a dvd/blueray/cd of these shows.

Maybe once Slash goes on tour with Aerosmith and makes tons of money he won't care about Axl releasing a new video.

So then the current band would have two dvd/blueray/cd releases.............and they both would be Vegas shows, just a year apart?

Did you get some inside information that the rest of us didn't about the hold-up of the first dvd? You think the amount of money Slash makes on his upcoming tour dictates his business interactions with Axl? Please share with us what you've found out about the hold up of the live GnR dvd. Thanks.

It cant flop. It doesn't cost much to pay a few extra people to film it (shows are filmed anyway) and produce it on one nights filming. It costs pennies to make blu ray discs and packaging they will sell for 10 x the price it takes to manufacture.

you know id imagine rockfuel isnt too happy about this situation but maybe they could enlighten us to whats going on, i know with legal stuff they cant exactly talk about it but wtf, its bad enough slash is blocking this, come on rockfuel, at least release the cd version of the show, i dont think slash can actually stop that, i mean his cd version of made in stoke still came out in the us so figure something out rockfuel, i know the original point of this was for a 3d show to be released but im sure fans would be happy with a live cd too....just saying

• Like 1

I'm sure there's business reasons why it's probably not as easy to do as it it sounds... they would likely have to give it away as free downloads so as to not have to deal with ex-members seeking royalty payments.

They could add like $5 to the cost of a ticket and post the show "for free" afterwards. I'd love it if they did that.

In the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, "This is a joke, right?"

This would be out by now if they'd only mixed it in Dobly.

Maybe the Rockfuel guys responsible for this release died in a bizarre gardening accident...

Maybe after this year's Vegas residency, a dvd/blue ray/cd will finally be released.

I'm sure they will be recording these shows too, so maybe with some luck, and no more bullshit, something will be released.

It would be nice to have some new video of GNR someday.

In the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, "This is a joke, right?"

This would be out by now if they'd only mixed it in Dobly.

Maybe the Rockfuel guys responsible for this release died in a bizarre gardening accident...

The authorities said "best to leave it unsolved".

• Like 1