**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yo, Better and Catcher better not be cut from the disc.

This. Why cutting those and leaving the solos??

When will this be available on Amazon? I tried searching for it in my store but couldn't find anything except bootlegs of other shows.

Bit disappointed that the majority of Chinese democracy material was chopped.... really don't understand why Better/SOD would be left out of the set. The only reasons I can imagine are that the concert time needed to be shaved down for cinema release, chopped because of sequencing decisions Or Axls voice was particularly weak on the CD material so they decided to cut them as opposed to retracking full songs keeping it natural. The problem here s that people go to see the film and say... "they only play the old stuff, what a joke... shows they know the new material is shit" which isn't true.... they've open themselves up for criticism considering the name of the show 'Appetite for DEMOCRACY'.... seems democracy was sent home this time around.

I sincerely hope all the The Blues and Better are included on the blu-ray.

Changed your mind and realized you didn't want "all the" CD songs? :lol:

Haha.... Well, I certainly wouldn't want TIL as I'd never ever listen to the solo...

• Like 1

Russ, didn't you swear you'd never, ever buy this thing?

That is correct. I'm still not buying it, just saying that I would prefer if Better and The Blues were on it. They're two of my favorite GN'R songs so I'd want them to be included on any live GN'R release.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

That is correct. I'm still not buying it, just saying that I would prefer if Better and The Blues were on it. They're two of my favorite GN'R songs so I'd want them to be included on any live GN'R release.

But you should buy it so it shows support to the band and that could mean we might get more releases!

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

I'll be not buying it, to show my support for Real GN'R.

#VoteGNR

Just reiterating NGOG's views from earlier. I think a lot of how this has been handled has turned some of the diehards off from buying it in the first place, myself included. I still haven't decided if I will buy it or not, waiting to see exactly what is included, when its released, are there anything else cut, what features do we get, etc.

So far we've received a lot of misinformation and poor excuses from both sides of proverbial fence. I think the fans here deserve a little better, so I wont decide what I will do until we, the fans, get everything laid out in front of us.

But you should buy it so it shows support to the band and that could mean we might get more releases!

As I've said several times in the past: I more than did my part with their last album. I bought somewhere between 15-20 copies for various reasons from various vendors.

Guest Gunns

As I've said several times in the past: I more than did my part with their last album. I bought somewhere between 15-20 copies for various reasons from various vendors.

it's all good, I'll seed for you so you get it quicker!

(jokes)

I dont seed, I only leech
  • Like 1

so there isnt a dvd/cd combo now it seems, kinda lame as i was looking forward to this, im willing to bet slash blocking this part of the release, almost dont wanna buy this now but i still might pick up the blu ray......

I won't buy it, download it, watch it on YT and I'll tell my friends not to buy it. #VoteForRealGNR #VoteWithoutYourDollar

i doubt you got any friends with that attitude.

What attitude? I'm simply saying I won't buy the dvd and will tell my friends, which I do have, to do the same and save money for better stuff.

Buy it cause u like it, because you support it. Buying it to somehow get more releases is not gonna happen, look at history to see this

Even though the whole thing was ridiculous I am still buying it because I want to see it in my living room and I love guns I have nothing to loose.

• Like 2

Buy it cause u like it, because you support it. Buying it to somehow get more releases is not gonna happen, look at history to see this

Even though the whole thing was ridiculous I am still buying it because I want to see it in my living room and I love guns I have nothing to loose.

I get that. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for buying it or advocating anyone else not buying. I saw the residency in person and disliked the show I saw greatly. I was coming off a GREAT run of shows from the 2011/2012 season too so it was especially disappointing. I just have too much else coming out music-wise that's going to take up my disposible income (a $130 Floyd box set, to name one) so in that respect, I would definitely have something to lose by buying something I know I won't like very much.