March 12th, 2013 - Sydney, Australia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, and this is meant to be a trademark "rasp" song, it comes in here and there but....weak. It does pick up after the second verse though I have to admit.

Edit: it is nice to see new backing videos though.

Edited by SMG

Ugh, and this is meant to be a trademark "rasp" song, it comes in here and there but....weak. It does pick up after the second verse though I have to admit.

now some people will say that the clean voice suits jungle more than the rasp vocals......

Sounds pretty good to me for most of it ?

Guest Gunns

Don't know what people here are thinking, Jungle was fine, i was front middle on the rail, couldn't of had a better position. Axl sounded a little clean and high here and there, but overall he had strength in his voice and pulled the rasp out when he wanted to (knockin was really raspy for example)

performance was great, would of loved a few more CD songs, but catcher was awesome (some good rasp on it) and loved the seeker

He sound like he sounded through the 2012 tour. His voice is not embedded in the music in that jungle version like it is on other versions on youtube and reveals his short breathtakes and other half cheating tricks he always use. The rasp is not gone but the "crisp" in the sound (around 7-9kHz) is low and thats where the rasp lies. I can promise you that once we have another jungle version uploaded you will hear the difference.

Guest Gunns

Axl said at the start of Live and Let die "I think I've told this story already, but regarding LALD, we wanted to make the worst bond song into a hit"

Edited by Gunns

Axl said at the start of Live and Let die "I think I've told this story already, but regarding LALD, we wanted to make the worst bond song into a hit"

He said...

"There was this reporter that called Live and Let Die the worst bond song ever made. We recorded it because I decided I'd like him to hear it for another 20 years...."

Cool...BBF is a Breaking Bad fan I guess.

He said...

"There was this reporter that called Live and Let Die the worst bond song ever made. We recorded it because I decided I'd like him to hear it for another 20 years...."

Wonder if that reporter still feels that way after Die Another Day? :drevil:

One thing i have noticed lately is thst he doesnt run around as much and he is concentrating more on his singing technique. It might not be as natural to him as its been in the past. You can see that he is tryin and putting the effort in. The results are based on your own opinion and your tolerance of clean/rasp. Id personally have no problem about hearing axl like this.

As I expected, he sounds terrible.

Do you just copy and paste all of your posts, they all sound exactly the same.

Maybe you'd better get the wax cleaned out of your ears, you're not hearing the same sound as most of the people attending the concerts.

Edited by rock4eva