Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

If you could have 1 song played from UYI

So if you could have 1 song played from the UYI records on this tour what would it be ?

for me it would be the garden i love that song

Edited by lukepowell1988

I would personally love to hear Breakdown, Locomotive, or Coma

Actually, I'd rather have less AFD & UYI and more CD.

Prostitute, Riad, Oh My God, If the World, Shacklers, I.R.S.... you get the picture...

Locomotive. It drags on a bit, so I'd be fine with a verse being cut out (as it should have been for the album), but the outro is just amazing.

Speaking of going on a verse too long, there's one fact that to me is indicative of why UYI's suffered when they could have been as great as AFD: no one around to tell the band to cut the bloat. With SCOM, the song originally had 3 verses, but someone (can't remember who, Mike Clink maybe?) had them cut it down to 2. If someone had done that for songs like Locomotive, they might be revered now by the general public as all-time greats.

Yes but if they played Coma, DeadHorse, or Yesterdays, you'd have people on here hating on him because he'd use his clean voice. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes but if they played Coma, DeadHorse, or Yesterdays, you'd have people on here hating on him because he'd use his clean voice. Be careful what you wish for.

Not sure if you're trolling or retarded but all three songs have a ton of rasp.

Something a little more hard-edged along the lines of Pretty Tied Up or Locomotive.

Edited by rocknroll41

Not sure if you're trolling or retarded but all three songs have a ton of rasp.

I'm not sure if you're fucking retarded but you need to learn how to read.

Those songs have a lot of rasp...

Those songs have a lot of rasp...

Can you people not read. I'm not talking about his voice on UYI. I'm talking about his clean voice he uses live. You'd have people complaining about him singing those songs cleanly. I guess I should have said Mickey voice so the haters aren't confused.

Edited by iftheworld

Double Talkin Jive could replace Its So Easy.

But prob vote for ITW or Riad. Riad to open.

Imagine Axl today doing Perfect Crime? He'd be toast in 10 seconds flat. He could barely do it back in the day.

Locomotive would be awesome and a full length DTJ complete with a transition into Civil War would be too cool (why was the centrepiece of the UYI shows not even on Live Era?)

Imagine Axl today doing Perfect Crime? He'd be toast in 10 seconds flat. He could barely do it back in the day.

Locomotive would be awesome and a full length DTJ complete with a transition into Civil War would be too cool (why was the centrepiece of the UYI shows not even on Live Era?)

That's what I was trying to convey. People on here would love to hear these songs and then complain when Axl would sing them cleanly.